Please join us for the third annual Seattle Wiknic on Saturday June 22nd, 2013 at Gas Works Park in Fremont, 12:00 to 3:00 PM. Details of the past Wiknic are here. After the meetup attendees should feel welcome to enjoy the Fremont Solstice Parade which ends at Gas Works Park.
Remember it's a wiki-picnic, which means it is the picnic that anyone can edit (potluck)!
Your non-Wikipedian friends and family are certainly welcome as this will be a busy and beautiful Saturday in the park for everyone. Gas Works Park features a lake view looking into the city, exciting kite flying opportunity, and a mix of sun and shade.
This meetup is a place for Wikipedians to meet each other and talk about shared editing interests. Feel free to not bring your computer as there is enough to talk about without getting online in this outdoor setting.
The Fremont Solstice Parade starts at 3 and finally ends at Gas Works Park sometime later. Stay after the Wikipedia meetup to see the parade!
The person who arrives first at the park and has Internet access should give a description of where everyone is. Otherwise, ask at tables if people are Wikipedians.
Anyone here? It's 12:31p, not sure where to go!
12:47 update- two people parked at table in far east side under the roof
12:55 update- four people now at table, we have shade! And food!
12:57 update- 5 people now!
13:12- 6 people now!
1:40 - Late but will be joining you soon!
Planning to attend
Planning to attend:
- Dennis Bratland (talk) 17:17, 22 June 2013 (UTC) Hopefully I can stop by; busy day today.
- Angel Calicoat I'll bring tons of friends and maybe some family if I can.
- John Petrov Hope I can make it!
- Joe Mabel I'll try to drop by; I'm photographing at the Solstice Parade & probably also trying to get some pictures of Honk!, which will be happening at Gas Works.
- Mcnabber091 (talk) 19:31, 14 June 2013 (UTC)
- David Jahn I am going to try and come, maybe with some family, I will bring bags of chips.
- Yawnbox (talk) 15:06, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
- Lee Colleton will attend with friends, family and Internet access for all via a transparent Tor proxy.
- Brianhe will try to deconflict with the Bridle Trails State Park celebration. Brianhe (talk) 23:16, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
- Megan I will try to make it! Depends on the Digipen open house.
Chris Sheats, Joe Mabel, Dylan Kelly, Lee Colleton, Trevor (stilbes), Alex Peek
- Still in NYC. I miss Seattle summers. Blue Rasberry (talk) 14:01, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- Sounds fun! I love Gas Works Park and would love to see the solstice event, but I will be in PDX! --Another Believer (Talk) 17:24, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
- I'd love to attend, but unfortunately, I'm in Alaska for the time being. DarthBotto talk•cont 21:25, 13 June 2013 (UTC)
- I would love to attend but have prior commitment to cook at the Boeing Forklift Rodeo that day.
- Wish I could make it. It's amateur radio Field Day on Saturday & Sunday. Does anybody know what we can do to make Seattle wiknic even half as popular as the Seattle Reddit picnic? It always has a huge turnout. User:Elcaset
- For the first Seattle Wiknic I did try to combine the event with the Reddit meetup - see Wikipedia:Meetup/Seattle7. While I hoped that Reddit fans would also be fans of Wikipedia, it seemed that many Redditors were in fact not as interested in Wikipedia. Also, the moderators of the Seattle subreddit did not at that time want Wikipedia events featured in their sidebar because they felt that Wikipedia was a special interest not necessarily of interest to redditors. I disagree and think that both communities are crowdsourced information sharing groups and there is room for collaboration. If you would like to do outreach on reddit on behalf of the Seattle Wikipedians then I would support you. Another group on Reddit which I would like to target are the "Cascadia" activists, who also have usergroups in Seattle, as well as the many science meetup groups in Seattle. Contact me in the case that you might like to collaborate on something. Blue Rasberry (talk) 08:14, 21 June 2013 (UTC)
- As much fun as it sounds, my daughter's baby is due any minute. Wiknic or no. Have fun y'all!