|July 2015 +/-|
|The Great Colorado Wiknic 2015||July 5, 2015|
|Seattle 2015 Wiknic||July 5, 2015|
|London 95||July 12, 2015|
|Glam Café, Philadelphia, PA||July 14, 2015|
|Perth 20||July 18, 2015|
|Oxford 30||July 19, 2015|
|Los Angeles Wiknic 2015||July 25, 2015|
|Tacloban 3||July 25, 2015|
|Liverpool 16||July 26, 2015|
|August 2015 +/-|
|Glam Café, Philadelphia, PA||August 11, 2015|
|Melbourne 29||August 12, 2015|
|Cambridge 28||August 15, 2015|
|Oxford 31||August 16, 2015|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
Please indicate your interest below
|v • d •|
The eighth Singapore Wikipedia meetup is currently being planned.
|To contact the participants urgently, please call or text [name] at the mobile number [telephone number, including country and area code where appropriate].|
- Please add a hex (#) and sign your name here with four tildes (like this: ~~~~) if you wish to attend.
- Interested! InfernoXV (talk) 05:50, 21 November 2012 (UTC)
- Very interested, though one ponders about age limits, parent approvals and stuff. Bonkers The Clown (Nonsensical Babble) 08:19, 23 November 2012 (UTC)
- Unfortunate that I missed the one last year, hope I can make it this time! --Ben.MQ (talk) 01:42, 7 March 2013 (UTC)
- Interested to join! Just started getting "a little more active" here on wikipedia and would like to learn more. :P Yohanesyuen (talk) 15:26, 6 January 2014 (UTC)yohanesyuen
- Very interested! (to meet Singaporean Wikipedians) Haven't contributed to Wikipedia so much, but will be increasing my participation rate. Would love to meet veterans and learn from them. ∞4 (talk) 06:02, 14 November 2014 (UTC)
- yeap! Yd85
- Yes, will this happen in Mai 2015? :) Never stop exploring (talk) 13:14, 22 March 2015 (UTC), if you are fancy about Beer, join me at #BeerDeCoded meetup at: http://www.meetup.com/Singapore-Micro-Networking-Events/events/222176377/ on May 2015 at: https://www.facebook.com/hospodamicrobrewery (if you don't like beer, there is no need to drink alcohol, they also have non-alcoholic beverages).
Plan for the event
- Please add anything you are interested in discussing or doing at the meetup to the tentative agenda below.
- Pick one or two articles on the Wikipedia:SGpedians' notice board that are asking for comments, clean-up, expansion and so on, and work on them collaboratively.
- How we can "recruit" more SG Wikipedians (I.e. Organising Wikipedia-related events at libraries, etc., and also so as to better educate the lesser informed about the"rules and regulations" of Wikipedia. Many Singaporeans, in my opinion, still do not know what's right and what's wrong when it comes to basic editing.)
- Other business.
I like the idea of organizing a workshop on how to edit Wikipedia, Wikipedia policies, and so on. Who would be interested in conducting or being involved in such a workshop? — Cheers, JackLee –talk– 08:24, 26 November 2012 (UTC)
- That would require extensive preparation, which we could use the upcoming meetup to plan, combined with my proposed editing session at the National Library. --J.L.W.S. The Special One (talk) 16:30, 2 December 2012 (UTC)
- Add your name here if you can't make it, but would like to attend future events in Singapore.
We were originally thinking of December 2012 or January 2013, but that didn't work out due to lack of interest. If anyone would like to suggest an alternate date, please mention it here. — Cheers, JackLee –talk– 20:13, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- I suppose not, though note that all the people attending so far have been adults. I won't ask you to say how old you are, but you will have to decide if you are comfortable meeting and talking to people of this age. — Cheers, JackLee –talk– 16:57, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
- You should be asking me to say how young I am, Jack! Haha, it would seem strange to some for a person of my age to converse with people of your age, but then again, I'm not the "norm" of my age group. (99% of my generation have yet to edit Wikipedia, methinks) Unlike people of my age, I think I like conversing with people more... advanced in age. If nothing restricts me, I guess I'll be seeing y'all at the meetup! Bonkers The Clown (Nonsensical Babble) 04:14, 25 November 2012 (UTC)
- It gives time for people to get off work and make their way to the venue, though if people want to have an editing session at the National Library (as Hildanknight previously suggested) it may be better to hold it on a weekend afternoon. — Cheers, JackLee –talk– 05:17, 25 November 2012 (UTC)
- Probably because he's one of the few "established" 'pedians here. ☯ Bonkers The Clown \(^_^)/ Nonsensical Babble ☯ 08:22, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
- No, I'm not in charge of planning these events, nor do I intend to volunteer myself for this task! However, I did attend the last two meetups, and also met a Wikipedian from Bangladesh who was in Singapore and wanted to say "Hi" (no one else offered). I'd be very happy if other SGpedians pitched in and responded to postings here and on the SGpedians' notice board if they are interested in organizing meetups, or in improving Singaporean content on Wikipedia generally. — Cheers, JackLee –talk– 09:01, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
- There isn't any Meetup 8 proposed yet, so there isn't much point putting my name down. I can only determine if I'm able to attend when a date and time have been proposed. — Cheers, JackLee –talk– 22:02, 25 October 2013 (UTC)