|When and Where|
|Date||Thursday, December 13, 2018|
|Time||7:00 pm – 8:00 pm|
|Address||Venture Cafe, Chuck Berry Room|
4240 Duncan Ave #200 (Second Floor check-in), St. Louis, MO 63110
|City, State||St. Louis, MO 63110|
Want to Write History? Join seasoned Wikipedians in our regular meetups of St. Louis area Wikipedia editors and be introduced how you too may edit the world’s collection of Knowledge. Emphasis will be placed upon articles on Wikipedia of the region, reviewing the status of the St. Louis WikiProject, and identifying knowledge gaps in current articles.
We will be meeting in the room called Chuck Berry from 7-8 pm. Please join the discussion to set the direction of the monthly meeting.
- Date: Thursday, December 13, 2018
- Time: 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Location: Venture Café, CHUCK BERRY ROOM
4240 Duncan Ave (Second Floor check-in), St. Louis, MO 63110
- Cost: Free!
- Please bring a laptop if possible or tablet or editing wikipedia device :)
There is free parking at Venture Café after 3 pm in the visitor parking lot, the surface lot on Duncan Avenue and at another surface lot at the corner of Sarah St. and Duncan Ave. There is also metered parking on the street. Or take MetroLink to the newly opened Cortex station. Upon arrival into the building front continue back all the way to the elevator and go to the second floor. Upon exit of the elevator, go left to see the big mass of people at the cafe. After you check in, you are allowed up to three free drinks. Our meetup will be in the room called Chuck Berry. Please ask a Venture Café staff where this is located if you do not already know.
What to expect
No Wikipedia editing experience necessary. This event is aimed at bringing together the Wikipedians in the St. Louis area and then also helping others learn howto edit Wikipedia. The event is guided by seasoned Wikipedians, so please do not be shy.
- Edited Articles (Anyone Add Interesting Ones)
- What is current level of skill and interest of people in the room? Any questions?
- Any interesting wiki news to discuss?
- Discuss Status User Group application See Jackie’s sandbox
- Go to the link above and add your names to the bottom of the page We can't organize if we don't have enough people.
- Need 10-15 users before can submit.
- Discuss planning an early 2019 edit-party
- January 1 is when a bunch of works go into the public domain.
- January 15 is Wikipedia Day.
- Is a Tuesday.
- Thinking do a simple basic edit. 30 minutes.
- 1-1.5 hours.
- 4-7 pm (then free parking after 7)
- MOVE THE MONTHLY SPECIAL, for this event (Jon Phillips (talk) 01:49, 14 December 2018 (UTC))
- Try some bigger promotion: meetup, facebook, etc, EQSTL.
- STL Public Radio (need to reach out for the edit-party)
- Update from WALRUS call on 12 Nov
- How to share announcement of monthly events to multiple talk pages (Mark Schierbecker)
- Art + Feminism March 20th, Editathon, User:Lastchapter is organizing.
- IDEAS: Make more targeted edit-party's
- Add your agenda items or updates here
- Next event will be Thur Jan 10, 2019 or https://enwp.org/WP:STLMU20 :)
- Strictly Business
- Jon Phillips
- Jackie Koerner
- Mark Schierbecker
- Add your name! :)
- If possible, please register a Wikipedia account before the day of the event!
- If you are unfamiliar with Wikipedia, you can get a head start with this this training module.
- Wikipedia markup cheatsheet
- Please discuss the event on the event talk page: Wikipedia_talk:Meetup/St._Louis/19
- Chat: https://t.me/MissouriWikipedians