Possibly in November, suggestions welcome.
Thursday 15 September
Wikipedians in Sydney have met on various occasions.
A list of people interested in future meetups can be found at /Invite
Previous meetup: 15 September at 6PM at Petersham Bowling Club
Okay, let's make it thursday 15 September at 6PM at Petersham Bowling Club. I selected this place as it is (a) accessible by train - Petersham station (b) has some nice draught beers (c) has some nice food (d) has some quiet areas outside and inside...so people can chat without getting a hoarse voice by shouting over 100 decibels of muzak etc. (e) accessible by car with straightforward parking nearby.
- I will be there..... Regards, Ariconte (talk) 22:28, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
- Just received notification on my talkpage. Why? I provided three dates I could make it, and the date chosen isn't one of them. Tony (talk) 04:05, 11 September 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, I expect to make it. --99of9 (talk) 04:17, 11 September 2016 (UTC)
- I should be able to be there. --Mike (talk) 06:51, 11 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Whiteghost.ink:, @Aliaretiree:, @97198:, @Horst.Burkhardt:, @Privatemusings:, @Rubicon49bce:, just making sure you all see this. --99of9 (talk) 01:47, 12 September 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, I'll be there. Whiteghost.ink (talk) 06:58, 12 September 2016 (UTC)
Planning for next meetup
Possibly Monday 17 October in the early evening (say 6PM again). @Tony1: nominated 17 Oct as one of his possible days. Location ideas, Other Ideas? Regards, Ariconte (talk) 00:27, 16 September 2016 (UTC)
- Those who attended two days ago might find it a bit soon for another event. I'm only interested if enough people will show up; and in any case I've had to postpone my visit to Sydney by two days (specialist dentist changed my appointment): now Wednesday 19 October. The visit after that is Monday 7 November. Tony (talk) 09:16, 16 September 2016 (UTC)
Wikimeetup 7th June 2017
Greetings fellow Sydney editors and all - the Australian Strategy Survey will be in town on the 7th (all day and evening) and most of the 8th (but not evening)
The possible venue might be somewhere in Haymarket - any suggestions?
Hopefully other editors who see this might be interested apart from those pinged
It would be good to have a meetup, but if you are unable to make it into town (apologies for short notice) Please feel free to contact via firstname.lastname@example.org JarrahTree 15:06, 31 May 2017 (UTC)
- Never been to a meetup of any kind before so I'm interested in coming. I'm in Newcastle but I've never minded that train ride down to Sydney. Freikorp (talk) 01:55, 1 June 2017 (UTC)
I do hope some of the pinged might be able to make it as well - thanks to those who responded so far 01:39, 3 June 2017 (UTC)
- I've found pings don't always work; maybe try notifying them on their talk page? Also I have to work the night of the 7th now so won't be able to make it unfortunately. Freikorp (talk) 00:25, 4 June 2017 (UTC)
- After work tomorrow. I'm happy to travel as long as it's somewhere near the city. If I were choosing I'd pick Glebe or Newtown. --99of9 (talk) 00:27, 6 June 2017 (UTC)
661 George Street or 446 Sussex Street Sydney for quick reference JarrahTree 06:39, 7 June 2017 (UTC)
- JarrahTree says thanks for organizing and he will see you there. Kerry (on JarrahTree's behalf) (thanks Kerry for that JarrahTree 00:33, 7 June 2017 (UTC))
- Sorry I can't be there as I am overseas this week. I am involved in a new Wikipedia ans Libraries group that is being established. Please email me and I will be happy to follow up re strategy etc. Aliaretiree (talk) 03:35, 7 June 2017 (UTC)
Looking forward to whoever can get to the meetup.
Anyone who cannot attend the meetup - the issues are clearly indicated in the posting on the Australian noticeboard re the strategy.
If you are in Sydney and want to contribute to the Australian feedback -the options are open for phone calls, emails, or whatever might suit. Interested to hear from anyone about the strategy process.
Thank you - JarrahTree 00:33, 7 June 2017 (UTC)
Thank you to those who attended - appreciated the lively and helpful conversation.
To those who were not able to be there - please - if you are interested in the strategy - have a look at the material that is up - and there is still time to contribute/respond! JarrahTree 20:31, 7 June 2017 (UTC)
Please check out the meeting archive.