An edit-a-thon hosted byToronto Public Library and focused on Toronto history.
Join us to verify, cite and add events related to North America's fourth largest city by population. It's an opportunity to improve our historical record and to represent histories that are underrepresented on Wikipedia.
- Date: June 1, 2019
- Time: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Location: Toronto Reference Library (789 Yonge Street). Main floor, Learning Centre 1.
Registration and more details
Please sign up and learn more by visiting the Eventbrite page for the edit-a-thon.
What can I work on?
Anything Toronto-history related is fine with us!
Other pages about Toronto history
Online resources for research
- The Indigenous History of Tkaronto (University of Toronto Research guide on Indigenous history)
- Canada 150 Timeline (City of Toronto virtual exhibit)
- Dictionary of Canadian Biography (extensive Canadian biographies)
- The Canadian Encyclopedia (general encyclopedia)
- Timeline of Toronto History (York University, student project)
- Freedom City: Uncovering Toronto's Black History (Toronto Public Library virtual exhibit)
- Globe and Mail Historical Archive (searchable online database — library card required)
- Toronto Star Historical Newspaper Archive (searchable online database — library card required)
If you need help with editing Wikipedia, please ask Johnny Au. He is a Wikipedia veteran, editing Wikipedia for over a decade and famous for editing the Toronto Blue Jays article on Wikipedia. Here is the Toronto Star article about myself. You can ask Hannah as well.