Wikipedia:It should be noted
|This page is an essay, containing the advice or opinions of one or more Wikipedia contributors. Essays are not Wikipedia policies or guidelines. Some essays represent widespread norms; others only represent minority viewpoints.||
It should be noted that if you have something to note, then note it. Do not note that the item you wish to note should be noted.
This phrase is often used to draw attention to important information that was added as an afterthought. If a previous statement in an article would be misunderstood if the reader failed to read the subsequently added material, then both sets of material should be rearranged and rephrased so the crucial information is introduced sooner.
It should be noted violates the Wikipedia Manual of Style guidelines MOS:NOTED and WP:EDITORIAL. The variations remember that, note that, and note: are direct instructions to the reader, additionally violating the style guideline WP:YOU.
In Version 1, the writer makes the assertion that there exists some information that is worth noting. In Version 2, the writer simply notes the information.
- Search Wikipedia for "should be noted"
- Search Wikipedia for "must be noted"
- Search Wikipedia for "is to be noted"
- Search Wikipedia for "worth noting"
- Search Wikipedia for "worth mentioning"
- Search Wikipedia for "interesting to note"
- Search Wikipedia for "interestingly"
- Search Wikipedia for "note that"