Second Annual International Women's Day Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
|When and Where|
|Date:||Wednesday, March 8, 2017|
|Time:||11:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Location:||Gladys Marcus Library|
Computer Lab E509
Fashion Institute of Technology
The International Women's Day Wikipedia Edit-a-thon - 2017 - Fashion Institute of Technology
The second annual International Women's Days Wikipedia Edit-a-thon is hosted by the Gladys Marcus Library at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City.
Sign up via Outreach Dashboard
- Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2017
- Time: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Location: Gladys Marcus Library, Computer Lab E509, Fashion Institute of Technology
- Hashtag: #EditTheStatistic #ArtandFeminism
- Who can attend: Open to all FIT Students, Staff, and Faculty: Open to the public by appointment; women, women-identified, gender-neutral, and male allies are welcome to attend.
- What to bring: You can bring your laptop, but there will be computers available. Also, snacks and beverages will be available for all participants.
- Create an account: If you haven't created a Wikipedia Account, please do so follow our Instructions
Three new editors discuss what they've learned.
If you registered via our Evenbrite event page, a Wikipedia account has been created for you in advance. Please see or contact the event managers for assistance if you do not recall your username or password.
- If you did not register on our Facebook Site, we will help you register for a new Wikipedia editing account the day of the event.
- If you are able, please also add your Wikipedia username to the appropriate section below (signatures are created by saving four tildes [~] in a row).
- Librarianhelen (talk) 20:10, 12 January 2017 (UTC)
- Jeremyb (talk) 01:00, 16 February 2017 (UTC)
- Shanluan (talk) 15:27, 1 March 2017 (UTC)
- Jim.henderson (talk) 03:42, 4 March 2017 (UTC)
- DGG ( talk ) 00:52, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
- Pharos (talk) 02:26, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
- Aballmer (talk)
- Biancajeffs (talk)
- Deannapx (talk)
- Dufffs (talk)
- Erineileen9 (talk)
- Farley bottleservice (talk)
- FutchMyLife (talk)
- Jennifermak7 (talk)
- Jswiki108 (talk)
- Justinegiardina (talk)
- Kayla Renshaw (talk)
- Kenjiseattle (talk)
- Msmichls (talk)
- Rumayor1 (talk)
- Smlarthist (talk)
- Sweetandsourmilk (talk)
- TextConsNYC (talk)
- Turandoot (talk)
- Vizzylane (talk)
Suggested pages to edit
Black Fashion Designers Exhibition Related Articles
Historical Events / Cultural Institutions
Models from the Battle of Versailles
Other Articles to Edit
Other New Article Suggestions
- FIT Library Databases for Visitors Includes WWD, WWD Archive, Vogue Archive, Harpers Bazaar Archive, and the NY Times Archive.
- Google Books - Magazines - Great coverage of Jet, Ebony, Black Enterprise, New York Magazine, Life and more.
- NYPL databases (you must of a NYPL library card and PIN)
- The Battle of Versailles by Robin Givhan, Call number TT502 G585
- Inspiring Beauty: 50 years of Ebony Fashion Fair by Joy Bivins, Call number TT502 B.575
- Blacks in the History of Fashion by Lois K. Alexander, Call number TT505 A1 A54
Alphabetical by first letter
Alphabetical by first letter