Wikipedia:New pages patrol/patrolled pages
Patrolled pages (or new pages patrolling) is a subset of the patrolled edits MediaWiki software feature, installed in Wikipedia in November 2007, that indicates whether an article has been patrolled by a reviewer through the Special:NewPages, Special:NewPagesFeed, Special:RecentChanges, or otherwise.
What to mark as patrolled
- Any page that is tagged for speedy deletion, proposed for deletion, or nominated for discussion so editors do not waste time patrolling a new page that has already been patrolled.
- Any page that is appropriate for Wikipedia, even if it requires significant work.
- A page with a tag explaining that it needs major improvement.
What not to mark as patrolled
- Pages you are not sure about and want a second (or third) opinion on.
- Any page that is not speedy deletable but still has serious issues and is not (yet) tagged appropriately.
- Any page where the title might be subject to revision deletion.