Wikipedia:Peer review/1998–99 NBA lockout/archive1
- A script has been used to generate a semi-automated review of the article for issues relating to grammar and house style; it can be found on the automated peer review page for April 2009.
This peer review discussion has been closed.
I've listed this article for peer review because this is the first article I've attempted to bring to good article standards, and I want to receive some pointers before a GAN nomination. This is an article that I created less than two weeks ago, and one that two editors have already suggested I nominate for GA. All comments are greatly appreciated and will be acted upon.
- The lead is a bit short.
- "work stoppage" is used many times - perhaps it needs to be rephrased
- link "U.S. team" to the US national basketball team
- "The 1998–99 season, which began in February 1999, was shortened to 50 games per team, as opposed to the normal 82." - maybe good to be specific on the date
- "29 percent ... 24 percent to 22 percent. Twenty-five percent ..." - be consistent on using numbers; also need non-break space in between
- More images if possible
- Agreed. I expanded the lead to two full paragraphs, attempting to use facts from every section.
- I saw four of them in the article and changed three.
- It was February 5. That's now in the article. I'll get the other two later. Giants2008 (17-14) 14:59, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- The spelled-out number began a sentence, which is one time when a number over nine should be spelled out. Fortunately, it was easy enough to change it to one-quarter. Non-breakers have now been added to all of the percentage numbers in the article.
- I added one of Patrick Ewing, the president of the union at the time. Giants2008 (17-14) 21:40, 23 April 2009 (UTC)