Many people have worked hard on getting the facts of this article correct. It has also recently been improved a lot by the medicine collaboration of the week. It would be nice to get some feedback especially from people with a non-medical background. Hope to get some good feedback and maybe this could be a FAC soon. --Bob 00:39, 28 February 2006 (UTC)
- I think there are too many lists in this article, and especially in sections like "Prevention of sexual transmission of HIV" the bulleted items should be converted to prose. And could an inline citation be added for "Alternative theories"? AndyZ 23:24, 28 February 2006 (UTC)
- Noted and taken care of. Thankyou --Bob 01:15, 1 March 2006 (UTC)
It looks pretty good. Nice job! Here's a few comments:
- There appears to be a lot of redundancy with the HIV article. Can that be properly resolved? Otherwise discrepancies are liable to develop.
- The word epidemic should be linked.
- The estimate that "AIDS has killed more than 25 million people" should include a date stamp, so the reader knows when that was true. (Also so it can be updated later.)
- The red links should be addressed.
- The origin of the Red Ribbon symbol needs to be explained, or at least a link provided.
- Down in the "Symptoms and Complications", in a number of cases the bulleted diseases are listed in bold face, and are immediately followed by the same disease name with a link. Please fix this redundancy.
- Something I don't think I see addressed in the article are some common falacies regarding AIDS. I.e. in the nature of rumors and propaganda. A number of people treat those as factual, so it would be nice to see some coverage from a neutral perspective.
Thanks. :) — RJH 16:29, 7 March 2006 (UTC)
- Noted. Reply point by point:
- This has been minimized, but when HIV and AIDS are intrinsically linked, there will be some repitition. This has been reduced to transmission, epidemiology and treatment. No discrepancies are obvious for the moment.
- There are now no red links in the article.
- Red Ribbon has been linked to and that article improved.
- This has been rectified.
- This is taken care of in the Alternative theories section with a link to the AIDS reappraisal and Common misconceptions about HIV and AIDS articles.
- Thanks for the input. --Bob 18:40, 7 March 2006 (UTC)
- Great, thanks. — RJH 00:21, 12 March 2006 (UTC)