Wikipedia:Peer review/Altes Stadthaus, Berlin/archive2
This peer review discussion has been closed.
I've listed this article for peer review because I would like it to become a featured article.
- Comments by Blofeld
Will gradually add comments over the next few days..♦ Dr. Blofeld 18:53, 20 October 2012 (UTC)
- 7 million marks, needs currency conversion and inflation to today's figures to make it understandable.
- Delink World War II per OVERLINK.
- What are civic virtues?
- "During World War II the building was damaged by Allied bombings, and more severely in the final months of the Battle of Berlin. The roof was almost completely destroyed, there was substantial water damage to the building and the statues above the rear entrance were also destroyed." Dates?
- Only a brief mention of the Senate function nowadays? Could use more on the recent developments and political function/context.
- "since it could not be extended". Why?
- The proposal for another city building was therefore put on hold for "several years". Quote needs sourcing or simply write how long it went on hold for.
- "In 1900, the prosperous city decided the building should feature a tower; the following year" In 1900, the prosperous city decided that the building should feature a tower; the following year
- "approximately 80 metres (260 ft) tall". Source.
- "The walls over the doorways are inscribed with moral sayings" Such as? Biblical?
- "The facade on Jüdenstraße is 82.63 metres (271.1 ft) long; that on Klosterstraße, 126.93 metres (416.4 ft), that on Parochialstraße, 108.31 metres (355.3 ft), and that on Stralauer Straße, 94.46 metres (309.9 ft)." Source
- During the Weimar Republic
- Delink World War I and II.
Honest opinion I think it would need a tremendous amount of work to pass FA. Its a little rough around the edges...♦ Dr. ☠ Blofeld 18:03, 24 October 2012 (UTC)