Wikipedia:Peer review/Billboard Top Latin Songs Year-End Chart/archive1
This peer review discussion has been closed.
I've listed this article for peer review because I want to take it to FL status and want to receive feedback about it. Thanks, Jaespinoza (talk) 09:21, 31 March 2010 (UTC)
- There are numerous disambiguation links that need fixing. Please click on yo the box in the top right of this review page.
- I have removed an "orphan" tag, after linking several of the songs in the list to this article. You can create many more incoming links by using more of the songs.
- "Juan Gabriel received the Person of the Year award in 2009 by the Latin Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences, for his professional accomplishments as well as his commitment to philanthropic efforts." I am not sure of the relevance of this information to this article.
- Other information in the text also looks of dubious relevance, e.g. De Vita's gold certification in Latin America and Spain for the album Al Norte del Sur
- "[Otro Día Más Sin Verte] ... earned a Grammy Award for Best Latin Pop Album and three singles yielded from it were among the top Latin singles from 1992 and 1993." Which three - are they identifiable in this chart? Also, a comma needed after "Pop Album".
- "...to be awarded with two platinum certifications" The word "with" is redundant
- ""La Tortura", a song written and recorded by Shakira and Alejandro Sanz holds the record for the longest run at number-one in the Top Latin Songs chart, with 25 non-consecutive weeks at the top and settled as the Top Latin Single of 2005." The sentence is shaky, grammatically. It needs a comma after "Sanz"; it contains too much information and needs to be split. My suggestion: ""La Tortura", a song written and recorded by Shakira and Alejandro Sanz, holds the record for the longest run at number-one in the Top Latin Songs chart. It held this position in 25 non-consecutive weeks, and finished as the Top Latin Single of 2005."
- The later sentence, beginning ""Livin' la Vida Loca"..." is likewise far too long and needs to be expressed more clearly, probably in at least two sentences.
- "Puerto Rican singer Luis Fonsi with his song "No Me Doy Por Vencido" became the first artist to appear two years in a row in the top ten for the best-performing Latin singles with the same track." Mention the two years. However, as the song was No.7 in 2008 and No.5 in 2009, was this such a big deal?
- The list itself looks very clear and well presented.