Wikipedia:Peer review/Federal Reserve districts/archive1
- A script has been used to generate a semi-automated review of the article for issues relating to grammar and house style; it can be found on the automated peer review page for February 2009.
This peer review discussion has been closed.
I've listed this article for peer review because…I want to know how to improve this article
Finetooth comments: The article is so short that it's hard to know what comments might be helpful. Even so, here are a few suggestions.
- I removed one of the two major cleanup tags since the article is now sourced.
- The map looks good on first glance, but the caption might help clarify the image by briefly explaining that the black squares represent the district headquarters. Maybe something like "Federal Reserve Districts and their headquarter cities" would do it.
- I see that you had trouble getting the citation #2 superscript to appear in the right place in the text. The trick here is to move the ref inside the final curly braces of the quote template. I went ahead and did that so you can look at the results in edit mode to see what I mean.
- I'd be inclined to embed the long quote in the first paragraph inside ordinary quotation marks rather than setting it apart. Better yet would be better to paraphrase rather than quote so that the material could be sourced but not put in quotation marks. The language of the quote is so ordinary that it's odd to see it set off as something special.
- Spelling out Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and the others in the bank list would make it instantly clear that the links are to banks rather than cities.
- Thanks. I have difficulty getting pictures because the Federal Reserve is quasi public which means its own pictures don't qualify for public domain.Smallman12q (talk) 00:50, 5 March 2009 (UTC)