Wikipedia:Peer review/Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois/archive1
This peer review discussion has been closed.
I've listed this article for peer review because I'd like to try to eventually make it into a GA.
- Comments from Nikkimaria
Hey Kudu, welcome. A few comments in reference to the GA criteria:
- I didn't check this article for close paraphrasing or accurate representation of sources, but you should definitely consider doing so as a precaution before nominating for GA
- I think the lead section could stand to be a bit longer. It tells us what he's best known for, which is great, but ideally it would serve as a brief summary of the entire article
- I would recommend a thorough copy-editing of the article. Avoid using contractions, and try to vary the length and phrasing of sentences rather than having a lot in the form "He did this. He did that". You'll probably want to convert the article to use Canadian English, per WP:STRONGNAT. Check for appropriate grammar throughout - for example, "On December 5, Justice Denis Jacques sentences Nadeau-Dubois" should probably be in past tense. You could, if you like, ask the Guild to take a look.
Other than those points, this looks like a promising article. I don't know much about the individual so can't speak to whether any major details have been missed, but no gaps stand out. Nikkimaria (talk) 23:39, 29 September 2013 (UTC)
- Comments from Jojalozzo
This is a great start. I agree with everything that Nikki suggests. In addition, here are a couple of suggestions about the sources, most of which are in French.
- I recommend you review WP:Verfiability#Non-English sources (if you haven't already done so) and do what you can to comply with those recommendations.
- Try to find as many reliable English sources as you can and use them to supplement the non-English sources.
- Where there is no English source, add an English translation quote of the relevant portion of the source.