Wikipedia:Peer review/Gillingham F.C. records/archive2
Gillingham F.C. records
- A script has been used to generate a semi-automated review of the article for issues relating to grammar and house style; it can be found on the automated peer review page for September 2008.
This peer review discussion has been closed.
I've listed this article for peer review because I'd like to try and get it to FL status. The format is a straight crib from equivalent articles for other clubs which are already at FL, but please let me know if there's anything I still need to tweak.......
- Maybe worth letting the reader know what League Two means as it could be misconstrued as the second tier of English football to the non-expert.
- "This list encompasses.." -not keen on this anymore.
- Is that an en-dash I spot in the caption for Hillyard? 17-year should be hyphenated.
- "During the period between 1938 and 1950 ..." - "During the period..." is redundant.
- Hessenthaler's image overlaps the table on my Safari browser.
- To full stop or to not full stop. Age section yes, start of Goalscorers section no, end of Goalscorers section yes. Check it out.
- Check MOSFLAG for the transfer section - I'm not sure if your current usage is allowable.
- Record FA Cup defeat - ends with a comma?
- The current trend appears to be to separate footnotes from references (as here, for instance)
- Hillyard image. I might make the caption into one sentence: "Ron Hillyard, Gillingham's appearance record holder, played ..."
- Honours. I'd include the Southern League and Kent League titles, and any cups that were first-team competitions. If they're important enough to be on the main club article, they certainly ought to be included here
- Hessenthaler image caption "only player to play for Gillingham aged 40" needs citing
- Appearances. Is there are particular reason for linking the years
- Goals. You need to include both Gillingham and New Brompton refs for most/fewest goals scored at any level; e.g. FCHD Gillingham page verifies that they scored 111 goals in 1946, but not that New Brompton never scored more. Similarly for most/fewest points at any level.
- Consider putting the column-heading notes as footnotes below the table (as here)
- Previous stats'n'records lists have included substitute apps in brackets in the Most appearances table, and appearances in brackets in the Top goalscorer table. Any reason why you chose not to?
- Sub apps are not noted separately because the book which I used as a source for "pre-Soccerbase" players does not break them out separately in its totals. As this probably only covers three players, I will get a pen and paper out and go through all the individual line-ups and note the sub apps and put them in......
- Caps table. Notes column shouldn't be sortable
- Transfer fee tables. Delink dates
- Matches. Firsts. The article for "friendly" is called Exhibition game, not Exhibition match
- Record FA Cup defeat. For completeness and consistency, add the exact date. The FA Cup archive on thefa.com will have it, if your books don't.
- Attendances. Maybe lose the brackets, for consistency of presentation
- Cheers for those pointers, I will address those I can ASAP -- ChrisTheDude (talk) 07:03, 22 September 2008 (UTC)