Wikipedia:Peer review/Horn (instrument)/archive1
This peer review discussion has been closed.
I've listed this article for peer review in order to get a significant amount of feedback on what needs fixing on this article. Obviously, a lot needs to be done in order to upgrade this article to featured article status, and I am planning on doing a major revision of this article, including the addition of a lot more sources, in order to get it much closer to FA status. In order to do that, I would like input from people who do not have a conflict of interest as I do, being a horn player myself.
- Brief comments from Nikkimaria
Hi there! Are you planning on going through good article before trying for featured article? That might help you get more feedback. In any event, here are some points:
- Article needs many many more citations in general. A good rule of thumb is a minimum of one citation per paragraph; most FAs have more
- Check out WP:GALLERIES for some guidance on using galleries
- Headings should generally avoid repeating the article title, and should have only the first word capitalized unless using proper nouns. For example, "Types of Horns" should be "Types of horns", or even better just "Types"
- Be consistent in whether you use British or American spellings - see WP:ENGVAR
- Don't sandwich text between images, and don't include the same image more than once
- File:French-horn.png: check licensing
- Suggest creating a section about construction, including manufacturing, materials, components, etc
- You might also want a section on Acoustics
- Is the horn used in genres other than classical and jazz? Nikkimaria (talk) 13:22, 5 August 2011 (UTC)