Wikipedia:Peer review/List of UEFA Intertoto Cup winners/archive1
- A script has been used to generate a semi-automated review of the article for issues relating to grammar and house style; it can be found on the automated peer review page for September 2008.
This peer review discussion has been closed.
I've listed this article for peer review because I would like feedback on how to improve this list before I take it to FLC thanks, NapHit (talk) 18:12, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
- A long way to go to be featured, I fear.
- I think that the two basic problems in the title of the article need to be clearly and specifically addressed at the outset (there is no cup, and there were multiple winners each year until 2005).
- I would have clearer separation of years
- I would just use the well known a.e.t. rather than a rust-coloured box that requires the reader to go hunting for a key. If the text says "Aggregate 2–2, Montpellier won 3–0 in a penalty shootout " it seems unnecessary to have a box coloured to indicate that the game went to penalties.
- There is no need to hunt for the key when it is at the top, andt his format is used in the other lists of this nature NapHit (talk) 14:33, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- Use of flags is overdone: if Karlsruher is in Germany and Bordeaux is in France on line one, they are likely to still be in the same countries on line two.
- Not unique to this article, but those trigrammes are not helpful: is someone does not recognise that flag with horizontal red, white and blue bands, the letters SCG are not going to solve it for them.
- It will if they click on the link which is the whole point of them being there NapHit (talk) 14:33, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- Well done for finding so many references, but there are a lot of non-English ones there.
- That's not a problem as long as they are noted that are not English NapHit (talk) 14:33, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- Dacia Chisinau were not in the 2007 tournament, neither were Lillestrom in the 2006 edition. The table makes it look like they were runners-up.
- Yep I will add notes highlighting this, and they are also not included in the winners and runners-up table because of this NapHit (talk) 14:33, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- If qualification for the UEFA cup is considered to be winning the Intertoto (which it is here from 1995-2005), then should there be 11 "winners" in recent years? If not, this discrpancy should be made clearer.
- It is in the lead, which states that the format changed from 2005, whereby the team progressing furthest in the UEFA Cup wins the competition outright
- In essence, I am not at all sure that the structure of this tournament (which is, in essence, not a tournament at all, but a qualification stage for another tournament) lends itself to a list in this format at all. Sorry I can't be more positive about it.Kevin McE (talk) 22:04, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
- Well it is a tournament albeit a qualification one, but its recognised by UEFA as an official tournament, therefore a list of winners I feel is relevant, certainly if a list of winning managers can achieve featured status. NapHit (talk) 14:33, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- You should replace Karlsruher by Karlsruhe. It´s the name of the city. --Hullu poro (talk) 09:39, 6 September 2008 (UTC)