Wikipedia:Peer review/Rugby World Cup/archive1
Hi, I was hoping to get some feed back on this article. There was an attempt to structure it in a similar way as the football article, which is an FA. Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Cvene64 15:12, 2 May 2006 (UTC)
- Overall, good in places, in need of significant expansion in others. The current content seems well referenced.
- The attempt to use a similar structure as FIFA World Cup is a little overdone - some of the subarticles look to have been split off prematurely, as they either contain little extra information or leave stubby sections in the parent article. Consider merging some of them for now, subarticles and summary style can wait until the article is considerably larger.
- In a similar vein, one paragraph sections should be expanded where possible.
- A little background on international rugby prior to the introduction of the World Cup could be included.
- I can see a few bits which could do with copyediting and spellchecking, but it might be simpler if I do that myself.
- Other than the table of finals, I see no mention of Australia being the most successful team with two World Cups. Domination of the event by teams from the Southern Hemisphere is alluded to in the History section, this deserves a fuller explanation.
- Qualification - how many teams typically attempt to qualify? Has this number grown over the history of the competition? What structure do the qualifying stages take? How do first time qualifiers usually fare?
- Miscellaneous things - Are any teams seeded in the final tournament? Is the vote for the host "one member, one vote"? Where is the event most/least popular?
- Thanks. Oldelpaso 18:44, 2 May 2006 (UTC)
- Ok cool. I will def. try and de-FIFA WC the article as much as possible, and I know that some of the sub-articles, in particular the hosts section are a little short/redundant, I'll see if more info can be added (votes etc), or I'll merge it back in. As for pre-WC tournaments, I will add a paragraph in history, quickly mentioning Six Nations/Rugby at the Olympics. As for the Australian success/Southern domination, maybe some text can be added to the results section. And I'm trying to get the voting info/number of qualifying teams (I think they might be in the individ. WC articles). Anyway, thank you once again, you have been very helpful. Cheers. Cvene64 03:32, 3 May 2006 (UTC)