Wikipedia:Peer review/Tikal the Echidna/archive2
I'm striving for featured article status, so what do you think can be done to improve the article? --126.96.36.199 04:49, 22 May 2006 (UTC)
- It looks good to me - well done. Perhaps expand "personality" just a tiny little bit if possible. RN 05:09, 22 May 2006 (UTC)
- I'd consider converting the refs to the WP:FN system (see also User:Cyde/Ref converter)
- Note also that references should go directly after puncuation, and never should be preceded by a space
- It might be an idea to reduce the resolution of Image:Tikalx.jpg.
- FA will probably protest the short paragraphs in "personality"
- Try to reduce multiple links to the same article. A given article should not be linked more than once.
- While at it, you might want to adjust links that point to disambiguation pages (such as Archie)
- Have you looked at Wikipedia:Guide to writing better articles#Check_your_fiction? Itmight provide useful hints
- Circeus 05:29, 22 May 2006 (UTC)
Thanks! I'll try to fix those problems. Are there any other suggestions? --188.8.131.52 18:37, 22 May 2006 (UTC)
- This article is a bit list-weighty; in other words, some of the lists should be converted to prose (paragraph form). For example, see "Voice actresses".
- There are a few sections that are too short and that should be either expanded or merged. For example, Voice actresses is/are a bit short.
- Please alphabetize the categories and interlanguage links.
- Can you make Image:Tikeyes.gif any larger? I can't read the caption there.
- The lead of this article may be too long, or may contain too many paragraphs. For an article of this length, the lead should contain 2-3 paragraphs. Please follow guidelines at WP:LEAD; be aware that the lead should adequately summarize the article.
- This article can use copyediting to ensure that the it exemplifies some of Wikipedia's best work. For example,
- Starting randomly at Personality, has tried to stop her father in amicable ways and have never once have->has
- In the cartoon, Sonic X, first comma unnecessary
- also acts similar to her game -> similarly
- Constrastly to the game, however Contrastly isn't a word
- and perhaps other copyediting fixes for grammar/spelling are needed.
- Thanks, AndyZ t 23:42, 22 May 2006 (UTC)
Thanks, I'll try to fix it. Is there any other advice? --184.108.40.206 04:18, 23 May 2006 (UTC)
Every paragraph should have a citation. --Hetar 05:47, 23 May 2006 (UTC)
- Now that would be a bit strict; every section should have a citation if possible, but every paragraph may be a bit extreme, depending upon the nature of the article. AndyZ t 19:30, 23 May 2006 (UTC)
Actually, I saw a featured article have four references before (Tikal's article has five)...unless that's not a citation...Anyhow I put references in the right place, reduced multiple links in the same article, adjusted disambiguation pages, expanded sections, merged short sections, alphabetized categories, and copyedited. Unfortunately, I can't reduce the resolution of the Sonic X image or make the Sonic Pinball Party picture any larger. I'm sorry! But that won't stop it from becoming a featured article, would it? --220.127.116.11 05:48, 24 May 2006 (UTC)