Wikipedia:Randy in Boise
The Wikipedia philosophy can be summed up thusly: "Experts are scum." For some reason people who spend 40 years learning everything they can about, say, the Peloponnesian War—and indeed, advancing the body of human knowledge—get all pissy when their contributions are edited away by Randy in Boise who heard somewhere that sword-wielding skeletons were involved. And they get downright irate when asked politely to engage in discourse with Randy until the sword-skeleton theory can be incorporated into the article without passing judgment.
- Dunning–Kruger effect, which Randy fervently denies he suffers from.
- Wikipedia:Competence is required
- User:Jnc/Astronomer vs Amateur, on how these discussions go
- Wikipedia:Expert retention
- Wikipedia:Ten Simple Rules for Editing Wikipedia, a somewhat condescending essay aimed at real-world scientists
- Wikipedia:Randy in space
- Wikipedia:Asshole John rule