This is an information page.
It is not one of Wikipedia's policies or guidelines, but rather intends to describe some aspect(s) of Wikipedia's norms, customs, technicalities, or practices. It may reflect varying levels of consensus and vetting.
On Wikipedia and other sites running on MediaWiki, Special:Random can be used to access a random article in the main namespace; this feature is useful as a tool to generate a random article. Depending on your browser, it's also possible to load a random page using a keyboard shortcut (in Firefox, Edge, and Chrome Alt-Shift+X).
To create a link to a random page in a different namespace, use
[[Special:Random/Namespace]]. For example, Special:Random/Talk will take you to a random article's talk page.
|Display a random page in other namespaces:|
|Display a random redirect in other namespaces:|
If you are wondering if the "random article" feature is really random, read the answer here.
- Wikipedia:Random page patrol
- Wikipedia:Random pages test
- Wikipedia:Wiki-Link Game – fun with the Random article feature
- Wikipedia:Enhanced Random Article – custom script
- randomlink.js – tool to follow a random link or go to a random page in a category, list or WikiProject
- Template:Random page in category
- Wikimedia sister projects
- mw:API:Random, documentation for the Mediawiki Random API, which generates an arbitrary number of random pages from a MediaWiki site, optionally filtered by namespace
- Random Article Project
- Wikimedia Tool Labs random article tool—Random article per category in most Wikimedia projects