|Welcome to the Wikipedia Computing Reference Desk Archives
|The page you are currently viewing is a monthly archive index. While you can leave answers for any questions shown below, please ask new questions on one of the current reference desk pages.
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 1
- software of this kind??
- pen source flash?
- Paypal for Ebay
- General MIDI's "Charang"
- Unicode input
- linksys wireless rotor
- rogramming help request
- oogle Calculator dead?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 2
- Windows BSD code
- Simcity problem
- Internet Wiki
- Is there another program like Skype?
- MSN Messenger display image problem
- Master edit versus other kinds of edits
- Xine vs VLC
- Name this unknown app
- Web Surfing on a non plasma/lcd TV
- I cannot resize a partition with partition magic
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 3
- MySpace IM
- Running Linux on A Blackberry Handheld
- Free Ipod Converter (RM)
- pacific county
- Assignment Help Request
- Printing hidden pages in Excel
- Looking for an old Half-Life mod
- How can I put RM stream videos into my iPod?
- Wii #3
- Why is the United States so far behind in cellphones?
- which do you think you would prefer for reading?
- TV as Monitor
- Dear Sir
- ogic, CMOS, and the like
- posted by mistake
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 4
- p3 solid state music players
- Strange keyboard overload?
- an Apple 2 simulation game
- Digital Time Lapse Phography
- Putting wikipedia into iPod
- iPod transferamation
- Creating Wikis
- I'm at a loss.... (PC to Mac)
- Resizing an SVG.
- jpeg/bmp/whatever files to pdf files
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 5
- onts in Inkscape
- ixel counter
- Can I export .pst data from subfolder in Outlook Contacts to Excel?
- External Hard Drive and OSX
- Computer Help please
- Dead Laptop
- JVC LT-32X576 connected to Computer
- Personal subst templates
- Vista requirements
- Can somebody play on-line using a PlayStation 2 emulator?
- Java Web Start dug out from cache
- war in mmorpg
- removal of aol demo
- Intel Centrino Duo vs Core 2
- No numbers to load game to p.c
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 6
- wireless router
- Music Mixer
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 7
- Bulk renaming of files
- Neverwinter nights 2 questions
- Disk staging
- Database conversions
- My Recent Documents (Windows XP Start Menu)
- any way to make windows xp sound recorder record longer?
- problem downloading from camera
- Removing traces of another OS
- .avi to dvd
- Calculator Progamming
- Electronic attendance counter
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 8
- Expresscard graphics
- 3 monitors on a Radeon 9250 PCI 128 mb
- Exit X Server in Kubuntu Edgy
- Files Not Accessible
- Boolean Algebra
- Japanese character set for Mozilla Firefox
- Advanced? API? programming
- upload text only format
- What knowlage do i thirst for?
- what languages are recognized by deterministic pushdown automata (DPDAs)?
- Overclock lock?
- Irritating loading thing
- atlab figures to SVG
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 9
- Kubuntu - Disabling Switch User Option
- Windows XP Background Graphics
- IMP question
- could u please help
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 10
- Buying a laptop without Windows
- ype 07
- programming language
- System file backup...?
- Avi Mashup
- Deleted file
- Class Methods
- How much would you pay for this Desktop PC?
- why the %28 %29 for secondary disambiguations?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 11
- On Rewritable CD's
- Getting an iTunes library from PC to Mac
- Computer System Architecture - Memory Management
- About pendrives.
- MySQL Data searched by Google & Co?
- which is the best size for a tablet pc
- sshd for Windows using passwd file
- Is a PC mouse more likely to be controlled by Bios or a device driver?
- Setting up passwordless (key-based) login on an ssh server I don't own.
- Newb-friendly music apps?
- My system tray battery icon has vanished, and refuses to return
- General-purpose GUI input to plain text output
- Adding IR output device to a laptop
- Latest IT trends
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 12
- Ubuntu in expert mode
- Software to write reports in style of Wikipedia?
- which is the bigger program in mb of data recovery HD
- Change supply voltage
- question about file types on Firefox for Mac
- Syncing a PocketPC PDA with Mac OS X
- Blocking Open Proxies under the IPv6 network (which has 3.403*(10^38) unique addresses!)
- See Also
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 13
- Magazine-style printing?
- Cannot Empty Recycle Bin
- Converting ppc to intel
- isplay Problem
- Lexar USB Drive/PowerToGo Software
- WORD 5.1
- he 'New hw found ' dialog appears..
- Mimic FireFox "about:config" dialog using wxPython (preferrably)
- Removing Feature of Firefox 2.0
- windows xp
- how can digital radios auotmatically jump over noisy channels?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 14
- NFS Carbon graphics
- Fast tests for non-convex dynamic-mesh collision?
- Google feature
- How do you make a forum?
- PSOne Emulator
- How do I set up my own website with MediaWiki?
- Intel vs Amd, ATI vs Nvidia
- Aplescript Variable Help
- SB flash drive
- Syncing Firefox
- Tunneling X connection
- C compilers
- Hacking into a Windows XP Home Laptop.
- Fastest ISP?
- Getting image to look like this
- Forgot Password to Window Xp
- the sims 2
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 15
- Dual Screen Wallpaper
- Chip sets
- Cable TV on computer
- Why does publicfile hide files with spaces in them (in FTP)?
- portable hard disk
- ITANIUM PROCESSOR
- Portable hard disk
- Dvipdfmx (latex) error: Object reference with key "page.i" is in use.
- Malicious form of Microsoft copy protection...?
- trial programs
- Two computer problems; IE and Outlook
- Program to click a link
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 16
- IRC Poker
- converting nanograms to kilograms
- Line Rider
- Searching with exact grammar
- Wiktionary question
- spam-injection protection
- Optimum Online
- Determining authoritative name servers
- Audio / Video
- In-browser chatting
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 17
- MediaWiki: 1.8.2 / FCKEditor 0.7.2 and local links parser issues
- UV Cathode Light?
- Turning on a power supply
- CorelDRAW fill problem
- Considering Purchasing Wireless Print Server
- Insertion in linked list
- Downloading file without visiting the page
- Pausing output in Linux
- I 89 Titanium help request
- Are there any other programs like Skype?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 18
- ixel software
- Most common words
- Acer problems
- Microsoft Excel
- Facebook: Can I see who is viewing my account?
- Database software ease-of-use
- How many?
- database management
- Defective hard disk/drive?
- Question regarding PHP
- AJAX wiki?
- Duplicate MP3 Files
- decoder and encoder circuits in mediaplayer
- Problems with video player.
- Cyber Squatting
- Problems with HashMap keys
- ull ? k
- Timer Sever Suggestion
- Excel to Inkscape
- Syntax Highlighting Editor - how can I colour words??
- Digital clock strangeness
- iTunes DRM
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 19
- Extracting images from a video file
- AIM 6.0 Format Screen Name
- which is better, GeForce2 GTS or MX
- here to store files?
- ebian on PS3
- Hebrew History
- Website Blocks
- Clicks, crackles and blips on new headphones
- Combining split files in Windows
- eneral Linux Questions...
- Organizing music
Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 20
- smallest ext2 partition
- Adding an SWF into a FLA
- Podcasts going into my music library in iTunes
- WIN Xp RegisterEdit
- Custom Packet
- Hard Disc Discrepancies
Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 21
- Intel Xeon vs Core 2
- PC vs Workstation
- Vista high-def DRM
- Vista upgrade?
- VLC + Quicktime Interactive Movie
- How do I connect to a network printer
- HTML background image question
- Nokia Phone ID
- 'Push' Email
Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 22
- bug busters?
- Downloading from websites.
- USB hubs
- Webpage Help
- About Wi FI
- operating system
- Bad Ram
- There's an 80mm CD stuck in my MacBook.
- Windows XP Sound Device
- football games on linux
- Removing a page from Google's index
- Line Rider
- what kind?
- help running a command line program in OS X
Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 23
- Creating duplicate hard links, then making them independent
- Memory upgrades
- acx 100
- Best Portfolio Simulator on the Web
- how to learn data base
- Bit Stream or Videos of S/W Disasters
- Logging my activity
- Saving opened tabs
- Gah, FF is opening blank tabs
Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 24
- USB Antivirus protection
- Google Earth topo maps
- Outlook Macro to Send "Returned as Undeliverable" Message
- Free voice-changing software
- Cd help
- CD-ROM issues.
- Image editing software
- GNU sort is slow.
- Printing files with php
- System 360 Operator
- Large article transwiki
- Floating point versus PCM data in Uncompressed Audio
- e-mail downloads using outlook express
Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 25
- seeking a service to provide low-/no-cost occasional dial-up access from Germany
- browsing history
- Linux installation.
- I have a blogging question.
- MAC Question
- Origins of Mobile Banking
- GPG passphrase cracker.
- Isolating a segment of a LAN
- wikipedia or social networking research subjects
- Dell Inspiron 5100 "Tap to Click" on the Touchpad
Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 26
- Erase harddrive...?
- Computer keyboard as an instrument
- IT Communication
- Memory card hub
- Suggestion for a backup software
- Dual core CPU speed description???
- RSS aggregator
- WinXP - Making the "Guest" account unable to access my folders
- auto deletions while editing Wikipedia
- Chalkboard drawing animation
Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 27
- Email question
- Java Applet
- Windows update
- Can't preview Bittorrents
- Hard disk format - 'serial number' - what's this for?
- How reliable...?
- Mac OS X Preference Pane
- printer margins?
- Blocking some websites
- Sega Saturn Operating System
- game design programs
- converting recorded DVDs to avi, wmv etc
- AutoCAD drawings to SVG PNG or GIF
- E-mail Client
Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 28
- Return HDrive to a "virgin state"
- Permanent Drive letter in Windows XP
- CSS rollover buttons
- Java equivalent of Perl's HTTP::Request?
- Chalkboard drawing animation
- Converting audio tapes
- What is a mouse pad
- ip addresses
- Desktops icons help
- Odd Flash incompatibility?
- Cheats, hints, anything for the game "Drift: When Worlds Collide"?
- JSON Encapsulation.
Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 29
- python analogue to 'getattr' (getobj?)
- Gaps between CD audio tracks
- ipod disk defragment?
- Software over hardware...?
- JPEG format output...?
- Ram diagnosis
- hp wireless mouse info needed.
- Windows XP automatically restarts
- about web site finance
- when will Win XP become obsolete?
- synchronize mp3 player?
Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 30
- web page creation
- GRUB on USB
- IE6.x Favourites and Links disappearing
- Tips on improving a Java program I wrote
- How to program something to send text messages to a textbox
- Windows Media Player 11 - Sorting by Title
- Object Request Broker
- Computer Printing
- Java Canvas
- Questions from a Linux (kind of) newbie
- Java coding for cellphones
- Partition help! (Formerly Duplicating a drive)
- Interconnection diagram
- Internet Dial-Up to Modem Ratio
Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Computing/2007 January 31
- Need an outliner recommendation
- Is your computer 32- or 64- bit?
- I suspect I have a rootkit
- Linux Winmodem Compatability.
- Unix/Fat FS
- nvidia nv44 driver update
- jboss deployment
- New Hard Drives
- Windows-Linux webcam
- How To Turn RAM (Random Access Memory) To ROM (read only memory)
- Atari 2600, ?-Bit
- Vista and Office 2007
- AVI files that can't fast foward
- IE 6.0.2100.2180 SP2 Frame Rendering