Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Entertainment/2007 August 16
|< August 15||<< Jul | August | Sep >>||August 17 >|
|Welcome to the Wikipedia Entertainment Reference Desk Archives|
|The page you are currently viewing is an archive page. While you can leave answers for any questions shown below, please ask new questions on one of the current reference desk pages.|
What handgun did Jason Bourne have in his bank box in the first movie, The Bourne Idenity?
In the first movie (Bourne Idenity) Jason Bourne heads to his bank box and finds passports, money and a gun. I am curious what type of gun that is. I've done some picture comparrisons, but I just need to double check, I think it could be a M18, please HELP ME!!!
Jason bourne finds the following:
American passport, French Carte de Résident (redundancy card) and Carte de médecine du travail (medical work card), A French driving license, A couple pocket knives, A banknote clip, A few intriguing pens, Air France airmiles pass, A Swiss watch, A USB key, Seven credit cards, A large amount of cash in French francs, US dollars, Italian liras and German marks, Black SIG SP2022 semi-automatic handgun, Brazilian passport, French passport, Russian passport, English passport Contact lenses, Brass knuckles,
You are welcome :)
Basic M:TG question
I've been reading the Magic rulebook, and there must be something I'm not getting. If unused mana is burned at the end of my turn, and I don't untap lands until the start of my next turn, then how do I play an instant or use an activated ability with a mana cost on my opponent's turn? 02:32, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
- You're not required to tap all the lands you control during your turn. Untapped lands can be tapped for mana to play instants or activated abilities during your opponents turn. Carom 02:42, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
- Your mana pool empties at the end of every phase. Any unspent mana in the pool when it empties causes mana burn. Carom 03:43, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
- I think you have it now. Your mana pool consists of the mana produced by all tapped lands (plus that produced by non-land mana sources). Untapped lands don't add to your mana pool, and therefore can't cause mana burn. Carom 15:10, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
Live action Hong Kong Phooey
Several times, I saw rumors that a live action Hong Kong Phooey movie is in the works. Are any of them true? If so, who might play Sgt. Flint, who might play Rosemary, and who might provide the voice of Hong Kong Phooey?188.8.131.52 05:06, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
- IMDB lists it for a 2008 release, but you have to sign up for an account to get more details. --Richardrj talk email 05:24, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
Phil Collins Albums
What's Phil Collins best album to date?
- This is a matter of opinion, of course. However I would go with his first solo album, Face Value. If you like him, you might also like the work he did with Genesis. --Richardrj talk email 07:50, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
- Me, I'd take Hello, I Must Be Going as his best, although it's a tight race between it and Face Value. Much depends on what appeals to the listener about Phil's music. If you're more into his adult contemporary phase, then the later stuff probably has more appeal. I have to confess that my Phil collection pretty much ends after But Seriously. Donald Hosek 19:53, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
Funny face photos
When you take a photo of a person, the face is 'frozen in time', which can sometimes result not too flattering images (especially when they are sporting or eating). For famous people, who get photographed a lot, there must be loads of such photos. Are there collections of such photos somewere on the internet? Or is it a matter of 'common courtesy' of photographers that they don't publish them? In the case of people whom other people might want to make look bad, that would probaly not apply. For example in the case of politicians. Especially of Bush, there must be many published photographs on which he has a develish look on his face or something. I'm not looking specifically for that, it's just the best example I can think of. DirkvdM 09:02, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
- What immediately springs to my mind is the fact that Gordon Brown has seemingly never had a good photo taken of him in his life, just look at the pictures in the article. I don't know if this is journalistic spin, or that he just doesn't photograph well. Capuchin 09:42, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
- He just looks like that.184.108.40.206 21:11, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
- To a greater extent the answer is yes. Unless you read 'scurilous celeb magazines' which often have article titles such as "britney comes out of rehab" or "angelina after baby- SO FAT" - in which case I think they will deliberately use unflattering photos...220.127.116.11 21:07, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
- Plus photo-shoots are well orchestrated - and if a photographer gets a reputation for releasing bad photos of someone you can imagine that it's only a matter of a few phone calls before they get blacklisted.18.104.22.168 21:11, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
Tekken 5 dark resurrection
Is it possible to play dark resurrection on ps2?
Which naruto (including naruo Shippuden) episodes and mangas is gaara's student, Matsuda, in.
Installing NFS: Carbon
I have a laptop and a PC, the first one has the required 512MB RAM, but a bit lower CPU, the another one - vice versa (I have no idea of their video cards). Nevertheless, in a desperate attempt to rush the game onto them the extracting of files suddenly interrupts with "this application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem". Does it mean that I should install the DirectX 9.0? --Brand спойт 14:39, 16 August 2007 (UTC)