Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Entertainment/2012 December 16
|< December 15||<< Nov | December | Jan >>||December 17 >|
|Welcome to the Wikipedia Entertainment Reference Desk Archives|
|The page you are currently viewing is an archive page. While you can leave answers for any questions shown below, please ask new questions on one of the current reference desk pages.|
Copyright on advertising concepts ?
I notice a US TV ad campaign from last year, where kids proposed various fantasies for how Cheese Nips (or maybe Cheez-Its) get that much cheese into their crackers, has now been recycled to an ad for Keurig coffee makers, where kids propose various fantasies for how they get that much coffee flavor into it (although why kids would care about coffee doesn't make any sense). So, either the same ad firm is out of ideas, or a different ad firm is. If it's a different ad firm, could the Cheese Nips firm sue ? StuRat (talk) 03:10, 16 December 2012 (UTC)
- Ideas are not protected by copyright. Only expressions of said idea are covered. That's why you see so many bargain bin Mockbusters. So whether or not this particular ad is similar to the other is not a legal issue. Mingmingla (talk) 04:06, 16 December 2012 (UTC)
- According to this site, the General Manager (who may not be the actual franchise holder, but will be the person who's responsible for running the place) is one Tony Carufe. Tevildo (talk) 18:33, 16 December 2012 (UTC)
gloria elaine arnold
please help me find more information on gloria elaine arnold known to be the youngest ever to be accepted by the juilliard school of music on a full scholarship at age thirteen and that she was the protege of marcella sembrich in 1923 approx — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2600:100C:B020:B9B5:AC26:8935:3FF7:B257 (talk) 14:40, 16 December 2012 (UTC)
Re - FANIE DE JAGER.
Re - FANIE DE JAGER.
I would like to add the above name to the following categories. Unable to do this by myself. How do I go about doing this.
The categories are:
South African opera singers
South African male singers
- This is really a question for the Help Desk, but I see you've created a lot of redlinks for South African singers recently. The first thing you should do is take a look at
WP:CREATIVEand see if any of these singers meet our Notability guideline. Then, you should assemble some references (see WP:RS) to prove that they do. Then, and only then, can you start writing articles about them. Tevildo (talk) 21:38, 16 December 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, the notability reference page is at WP:NM not WP:CREATIVE. Tevildo (talk) 21:42, 16 December 2012 (UTC)
- Martin, you have the system back to front. We don't "add names to categories" as such (although it certainly looks that way). Rather, we add categories to names, as it were. We start with an existing article, then we categorise the subject as required. We cannot categorise a subject for which there is no article. There is no article for Fanie de Jager yet. -- Jack of Oz [Talk] 21:52, 16 December 2012 (UTC)