Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Language/November 2013
|<< Oct | Language desk | Dec >>|
|Welcome to the Wikipedia Language Reference Desk Archives|
|The page you are currently viewing is a monthly archive index. While you can leave answers for any questions shown below, please ask new questions on one of the current reference desk pages.|
- 1 November 1
- 2 November 2
- 3 November 3
- 4 November 4
- 5 November 5
- 6 November 6
- 7 November 7
- 8 November 8
- 9 November 9
- 10 November 10
- 11 November 11
- 12 November 12
- 13 November 13
- 14 November 14
- 15 November 15
- 16 November 16
- 17 November 17
- 18 November 18
- 19 November 19
- 20 November 20
- 21 November 21
- 22 November 22
- 23 November 23
- 24 November 24
- 25 November 25
- 26 November 26
- 27 November 28
- 28 November 29
- 29 November 30
- Spanish party name
- Being a sugar daddy vs. keeping a mistress or concubine or prostitute
- Hangul transliteration help
- Pronunciation of Michele
- Articles (or not) with epithets
- The English word "mayhem"
- Is the French language recognized in Lebanon? I'm asking because I have some sceptics about my edit on its info-box?
- Latin translation
- Chinese help: Chinese name of Wayne Lo
- Are the following sentences acceptable?
- love vs. like vs. want, et cetera, in different languages
- "Lace into" etymology
- On Axis
- First use of the word paedophilia
- Apple of my eye
- A question for the smarter members of the collective
- Another question for the smarter members of the collective
- From Old English to Middle English
- Translation of Korean
- Transliteration of Hebrew without vowels
- Reading of Graeco-Roman names
- Other Greek and Latin words
- Question about pronouns
- Correct word
- Image of Fatimah
- pronunciation of "surely"
- Arabic and Tifinagh help
- Spelling of Surname
- Need Kurrent help
- Glottal stops in Canadian indigenous languages
- Why are mini-organizations within a church called "ministries"?
- Russian help for File:SPB Newski house 61.jpg
- Definition needed for a word used in Colonial times in America
- "There is a traffic commit on your route."
- What word means "cousin or sibling"
- IPA vowels and consonants
- Name of literary device
- Arabic help requested
- Russian-to-English translation
- Dao lo lai le in Putonghua
- Comma-n situation
- Chinese help: Xidan Primary School
- French subjunctive
- Placement of adverbs in transitive-verb, English clauses. (By Mood.)
- Lip reading and tonal languages
- What is the meaning of following sentence?
- The first word with the meaning "word" written
- German and French
- "I don't know who is he". Is this an acceptable sentence in the spoken language?
- Sunday = week
- the meaning of "give you lot an inch and you take a bloody mile"
- Dear Madams?
- Spanish ll and Italian gl
- Cooling candle wax
- Why are television reporters cliche magnets?
- Ph vs F in terms of root source.
- What is the meaning of "pecker?"
- French meanings
- What is the original Japanese version of this Chinese translation?