Wikipedia:Reference desk/Archives/Mathematics/November 2008
|<< Oct | Mathematics desk | Dec >>|
|Welcome to the Wikipedia Mathematics Reference Desk Archives|
|The page you are currently viewing is a monthly archive index. While you can leave answers for any questions shown below, please ask new questions on one of the current reference desk pages.|
- 1 November 1
- 2 November 2
- 3 November 4
- 4 November 5
- 5 November 6
- 6 November 7
- 7 November 8
- 8 November 9
- 9 November 10
- 10 November 11
- 11 November 12
- 12 November 13
- 13 November 14
- 14 November 15
- 15 November 16
- 16 November 17
- 17 November 18
- 18 November 19
- 19 November 20
- 20 November 21
- 21 November 22
- 22 November 23
- 23 November 24
- 24 November 25
- 25 November 26
- 26 November 27
- 27 November 28
- 28 November 29
- 29 November 30
- 'Mistake' in counterexamples in topology
- Prufer code Cryptography?
- The Toronto Problem
- Largests prime with no holes?
- Spider solitaire
- Equivalence of 0-1 matrices
- Directed sets
- Regular Polygon
- Fraction Needed
- why the need
- Characteristic polynomial of product of two matrices
- Labeled graph with non-scalar labels
- Matrix question
- "Simply" integrate
- What's the most general model for random graphs?
- left hand on wall of maze...wtf?
- sphere - ball, circle -> ??
- Least prime greater than n
- density (per unit volume) vs density (per unit area) or per unit hypervolume even
- Distance between currves
- What is the integral of the Dirichlet function?
- halogen derivatives of alkanes
- Measuring buildings from photos
- Equivalence relations on square matrices
- rationalize more than two
- if someone suddenly became as smart as humanly possible at math, what could they do?
- Equations of Motion: Why is velocity sometimes given as ^-1 and sometimes with ^-2
- This function
- Subset symbol doesn't render on Wikipedia
- prove that cosine law
- Necessary and sufficient conditions for a space to be pra-metrizable
- Difficult integration
- What is the purpose of a quadratic equation?
- Oldest known unsolved mathematical conjecture? (Possibly with legitamate references?)Taffycaker (talk) 13:12, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
- Dominoes game strategy
- Curve Sketching Program
- Fractal circle
- what kinds of math can and can't you do orally (no symbols)
- anything ever proved true that was almost certainly false (or vice versa?)
- first mathematician. left-handed mathematician.
- O(n log n) Polynomial Derivative Evaluation?
- Basic mechanics
- Real Analysis: Inverse of continuous function of interior set
- Emacs + LaTex on Windows XP
- Indescribable real numbers?
- What is the generalized term for exponentiation?
- Statistics - mtcars dataset
- Set theory questions
- Category Theory
- geometry(shape and size,undefined terms)
- Linear feedback shift register
- Sum of Roots
- Numbers with the sme numerals
- The Thinking Person's (Re-)Introduction to Probability
- Quick Parabolic Interpolation
- Difficulty while integrating
- Factorising polynomials
- negative fractional powers
- Derivative and product
- Test for vertex transitivity
- statistics on dually diagnosed patients in-patient stays
- Inflection point midway between relative extrema
- Math puzzle based on number of factors?
- How many cases to know a population?
- Need help converting concept into mathematical formula
- maximum entropy
- Incorrect theorem
- How often (if ever) do lotteries have a positive expectation?
- Algebra for college
- A hypothesis in probability and statatistics
- Logarithm problem
- Elliptic curve