|Welcome to the Wikipedia Science Reference Desk Archives
|The page you are currently viewing is a monthly archive index. While you can leave answers for any questions shown below, please ask new questions on one of the current reference desk pages.
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 1
- TV set circuit mystery
- Strong Interaction Exploitation for Macro-Engineering Hobby Project
- Most desirable place to live
- Hypothalamus and mammillary body
- McDonalds Fries
- Jesus illusion
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 2
- High temp superglue
- ant trails
- QUESTION ABUOT TEH TERMINATOR LOLZ (seriously!)
- HIV (AIDS)
- Chicxulub crater and Plate tectonics
- This and that book approach
- fibre transfer forensics
- Flushing toilet
- Who will die earlier?
- Camera settings for astrophotography
- Racing across the universe while sitting on the couch
- Name of a medieval herbal medicine manuscript?
- Strategies for modern cities to become increasingly energy efficient
- Electrical Resonance
- electricity consumption of heater
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 3
- Skin Tightening
- Langmuir adsorption isotherm
- advanced technologies
- Viruses are all around us?
- Dry hands, lips
- Sugar in Soft Drinks
- list of various maps per country
- Salt Water Pool Levels
- Junk DNA
- Proper interval locality theory
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 4
- Processor Cooling
- Little fishes
- one scientist's take on evolution
- Iranian nuclear video
- Emotional music
- Level of inflammation determines speed of healing process?
- compass needle
- Gasoline-methanol blends?
- telescope type
- Mystery Vegetable
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 5
- downhill,luge weight balance
- Cold Chills
- Poorly Defined Triple/Critical Points?
- Unconscious sleep?
- Is DNA unique to Earth?
- Junk DNA Part 2
- Human eye size
- Something odd I saw on Discovery Channel
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 6
- F-35 questions
- atomic number
- ring finger
- variable frequency drive
- cosmic microwave background radiation
- Faraday cages
- Purple sky
- How well do battery electric cars perform under cold and hot temperatures?
- Floppy McDonald's Fries
- Does Ball Lightning have an charge?
- Can palms grow in Switzerland and the UK?
- What's the largest supermassive black hole that we know of?
- Mosquitoes the size of birds
- Mammal lips
- The heart
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 7
- Need to burp!
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Malt liquor
- Gene transfer a mutation?
- Neurobiology: Effects of decreased membrane capacitance
- Cold Car Experiment
- Chemical(s) responsible for Pine/Christmas Tree Scent
- Testosterone Question
- Autothermal Reforming and Modelling Software
- We all came from the sun?
- Gravity fields, mass, volume, density
- Are living beings mostly comprised of water and carbon?
- UK telephone extension wiring
- Maternal depressions effects on the Family
- Molecular solution
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 8
- Final cause of death in cancer
- How to solve Physics Problem by Using Kinetic Energy Principle?
- Electric Shavers
- Unknown type of digital or optical distortion
- Identify squirrel species
- Blacksmithing messes with my hair
- Flame from engine exhaust
- Formula One Car Speed
- Hydrogen Cars - Potential Future Issue?
- Temperature and Breathing rate
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 9
- inverse sqaure law for vortices
- Aspherical Lenses
- My Mobile Phone Underwent Strange Situation!
- Journal Article Database
- How much does solar energy cost to produce ?
- Does Cefdinir dehydrate you, or am I getting seriously windburnt?
- NASA's COBE (Cosmic Background Explorer) Satellite
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 10
- Fan curve calculation
- LED blinking with 555
- Euler's astronomy
- Corn, an artifact?
- medical abbreviation
- Problems with Blazars
- Solar Cell Production Cost
- Measuring Snowfall vs Rainfall
- Why no lightning during a snow storm?
- Tongue twister
- Lightning striking a lake
- Unknown arachnid species
- splenocyte irradiation
- Aspirin and Coughing
- Sweet biscuits (= cookies) and savoury crackers
- CIDP -- referrence to the Minnesota Quality Pork Processors
- Licky fingers & placky bags
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 11
- How can I dilute perfume?
- Magical keycard
- Biology Mark Scheme
- Hollow Earth theory and why we can't drill deeper than 15 miles into earth
- What species of Lotus Flower is this?
- Enzyme Turnover
- Can blackholes produce antimatter?
- Christmas trees
- Eat it! Fruit rinds
- Gravitational effect of an ellipsoid
- Cold Chill or Holy Shiver
- Cold confused with wet
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 12
- Amount of ohms and stereo speakers
- Benzoylecgonine levels
- Chemistry (gases)
- Orange Ice Cream
- Today's xkcd
- Pigeons always pecking the tarmac for invisible food
- why frogs disappear
- carrying capacity
- Maximum/minumum temperature forecasts.
- Respiration protocols
- Gold that's heavier than pure gold?
- Ice Cream
- Light perception and evolution
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 13
- loss of power in optical frequencies
- Child pyromaniac
- Rationale behind intraperitoneal injection of immune cells?
- Cooking Meat
- Average Interstellar Distance
- US: Pounds, ounces, and grains
- Who discovered that Armadillos have identical offspring and how did they do that?
- Sherbet and Water
- Origin of Life
- Black cats
- Ex Vivo In Vivo?
- Symptoms and side effects
- Global warming and over population
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 14
- Stressful situations
- Numerous Questions About Space
- More fuel efficient vs. less air polution (cars)
- Plants and carbon
- A solution to car pollution (hey that rhymes)
- Carbon at extremely low temperature
- Volume of universe compressed
- polar capacitor
- How close to a black hole before you are killed?
- Water + Hot oil
- Rising CO2 content in atmosphere: effect on human breathing?
- Absolute Zero Possible?
- Why do Cells divide?
- Speed of light
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 15
- Best armor-penetrating caliber cartirdge?
- "Troubleshooting" PCR protocol
- Whats special about frequency?
- Energy efficient halogens
- preventation of Bow legs?
- wanna pee . . . but can't . . .
- Termite ranges
- DNA sequencing
- The pain of childbirth
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 16
- Fertility of male cockatiels?
- Picking off a mole
-  wanna pee . . . but can't . . . Part 2
- Quality of English in scientific publications
- axon diameter
- vortex dynamics : decay and impulse
- Devonian Sandstone?
- This Is Not A Homework Question.
- Tasting through my fingers?!
- Negative Black Hole
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 17
- cough medecine
- MRI flying object craziness...
- I`ve got a question about a sombero
- What does a ray's cheek do?
- Why does dampening darken?
- Turning Carbon Dioxide into useful fuel
- Relevance of PCR to northern blotting
- Rationale behind touchdown PCR
- Intracortical networks of connections among subsets of cortical regions
- Power Engineering Graduation Project
- Gulls and dolphins
- Moon pictures to show scale
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 18
- What happens to weight and pressure at centre of Earth?
- values for ATP hydrolysis - enthalpy and entropy
- 2 cars crash head on
- Two grounds not matching
- US State with highest percentage of forests?
- Plants: CO2, respiration etc.
- Possible to use neutrinos for communication?
- Hydrogenated polyisobutene?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 19
- atmosphere and technical atmosphere
- art therapy murals with hiv/aids patients
- Anomalous expansion
- liquid and air
- Bibliographic database
- Genetics Question - Naturally multicoloured hair (Eg brown and blond)
- Oak tree type identification
- red robin
- What is Fd with respect to antibodies?
- Biggest featureless snowman made by a single person without using machinery?
- Time and relativity
- Possible to convert impact force in joules to force in kilograms?
- Creationism vs. science/evolution
- Do people get dirtier or cleaner as they grow up?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 20
- Mail delivery
- Some objects I can see through my telescope at what magnification?
- Telescope lenses/eyepieces' optical coating
- Twelve Days of Christmas
- Science/Sound Waves
- Freezing point of petrol
- Our Solar System
- What's the main cause of passengers' death in a plane crash?
- Water breathing
- Antisocial personality Disorder
- 2 tubules 1 glomerulus
- Running house lights from a 12 volt battery
- Counter-Immuno Electrophoresis
- I KNOW YOURE NOT SUPPOSED TO DIAGNOSE, BUT JUST THROW ME A BONE
- Luminex multiplex cytokine analysis
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 21
- gasoline vapor
- Eclectus parrot: how much fruit should he be eating?
- Tanning is Skin Cells in Trauma
- Why don't we eat carnivores?
- slack action and the physics professor
- Competition vs cooperation
- Greenhouse gas emissions and fuel efficiency
- Grey meat
- Kelvin water dropper
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 22
- Natives and booze
- Appearance of reflected laser light
- LED when it's blown off
- Is Nitreous Oxide for real in automobiles?
- Science/Sound waves
- What is this insect?
- Wholemeal bread
- two slits, QED and light
- parkinison's disease [specifically dyskinesia ]
- radioactive decay
- What species of bird is this?
- Memories from young age
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 23
- Red spot on an Egg Yolk
- Airplane safety
- How much of a sphere can you see from one point?
- Taste of vegetable oils
- Coloured snow
- telescope aperture required to view astronomical objects
- Moon's hidden face
- Number of animals consumed during a human lifetime
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 24
- Ugh! What the hell is this?
- lortab vs lorcet
- Breathing rate
- Floating in a black hole
- Was there a solar eclipse in Ukraine on 12 August 1654?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 25
- formal charge of sulphur in sulphuric acid
- Help identify this odd plant!
- About Plant's Cells
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 26
- reactions to drugs
- Sex - Related
- It's that time of the year again... (science edition)
- Winter Solstice
- Digital to analog convertor IC sampling Vs settling time confusion
- Return protocol for Michael Collins
- loaded question
- Athletic Performance
- Stainless steel, nickle, pulled by magnet
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 27
- Triple vision
- grapes in a microwave
- Tree hollow vs tree hole
- Morphine Effects
- What is amitotic?
- Free basic chemistry textbook?
- Cleaning elderly and disabled people
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 28
- Heating value of Nitrogen
- What is the least damaged ecosystem/biome?
- Blood Clot and Cancer
- percentage of caffeine in coffee
- Snail mail
- Oil converted to jelly
- Paper tearing question
- animals living on humans
- Concentrations Question
- Psychological basis for racial prejudice
- Chewing Wintergreen Lifesavers with your Mouth Open in the Dark! SOLVED!
- Why is toe-walking so bad?
- Electronic Circuit for Generating a Gaussian Signal
- The Burning of the atmosphere.
- Am I who I was last year?
- Operating Department Practitioners
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 29
- Amount of H2O throughout Earth's history?
- Watermelon snow SOLVED
- time travel: looking for scientific-sounding mechanism for a SPECIFIC (new?) sci-fi idea
- What can be classified as a reducing sugar?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 30
- muscle building
- What do volcanoes smell like?
- Aluminum tubing used in a distillery
- Fermentation of starch versus sugar
- Coma and pregnant
- Localised blushing
- Scale to measure pleasure
- When did the first star form, and how is it doing today?
- What are the chances of this?
- CR123 Lithium Ion batteries and cheap immatations Does Amp output meet requirements??? for Flashlight
- How now transgenic cow?
- Identify this dinosaur?
- Can it be possible to keep a budgerigar and an eclectus in the same cage???
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2007 December 31
- Black Holes!
- Reason for shift in apparent solar midday at winter solstice
- Galactic Rotation Curves influenced by time dilation?
- Magma affected by gravity?
- labelled figure of laminar air flow -biotechnology
- Could I walk on the Sun, hypothetically speaking
- Below 5% Alcoholic Beverage
- What would the surface of the sun look like?
- Airplane safety (2)
- Do genital integrity groups absolutely oppose religious circumcision?
- Need Ocean Animal Info
- Passage number
- Decay Rates