|Welcome to the Wikipedia Science Reference Desk Archives
|The page you are currently viewing is a monthly archive index. While you can leave answers for any questions shown below, please ask new questions on one of the current reference desk pages.
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 1
- Does anyone know the title of this painting about Galileo?
- what is in Arizona sand?
- Persistence of hearing
- SI Notation
- door chimes
- relativistic velocity masss ratio
- Energy Question
- The principle behind diffusion
- Human evolution
- Reverse transcriptase PCR
- composition of fecal matter
- Parent/baby size
- Moon at past
- Hot and cold areas
- how long is a piece of string????
- Casein Polymerisation Experiment
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 2
- Stoichiometric flame
- Analog Electric Gaussian Filter
- Blue flower identification
- Taq polymerase storage
- Burning CuSO4-solution on paper
- Women discharging too much of seminal fluid during intercourse affects their health
- Fat Content In Soap?
- What is "first-strand DNA"?
- Removal of sand from Sand Hills of Nebraska
- Steel hand soap?
- [[Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 2#|]]
- Non-exorcise calories
- Luminescent dry-erase boards
- Speaking of relativity-
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 3
- feeder fish
- What if Jupiter were more dense?
- Scull preservation
- Animals used to attack forts
- Oxide solubility
- Energy Question
- Lice in a sauna
- what is electris current?
- Travel in Space
- Mineral residue in pan after boiling water
- Dog run and swim speeds
- Circuit analysis
- plate tectonics
- Why no self poisoning?
- Chromosome number changes
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 4
- What was the goal of the Wright Brothers?
- Glow-in-the-dark cats
- The death of Betelgeuse
- Photosynthesis question
- Equivalent of menstruation, but in men
- The Human Ship of Theseus thing...
- Insects in vegetables?
- quantity required of trypticase soy agar to test water for fecal coliform
- BBC Bird Question
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 5
- Avoiding the Nazi Swastika
- rodents with large binocular field of view
- relative calcium absorbtion into bones compared to teeth
- Free protons? Free neutrons?
- The sweet taste of deuterium
- Is it true the Wright brothers were mocked?
- Color of hemoglobin
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 6
- Beer and bowel movements
- Quick physics questions
- Horizontal Pressure Gradient
- Bitter chemical in broccoli
- Chemical compositions of some animal products/byproducts used in early warfare
- Familiar PTC flavo(u)r
- Aromatic Hydrocarbons and PVC or Polyethylene
- Ostrich fossil range
- Atmospheric (unit) vs. Bar (unit)
- Kylstron or RF cavity
- Synchrotron radiation
- What is "Free-space Laser Communication"?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 7
- multivitamins smell bad?
- Smelly wet dogs
- Does an OH group make a molecule polar
- conservation of energy
- WARFARIN USE
- Metal specs
- somatic cell hybrid panel
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 8
- sodium azide
- The Massive Multiverse Question
- solar or wood what is best for hot water
- Siamese communication
- Schrödinger Equation
- How Halbach array works ?
- what mathematician (von neumann? erdos?) strongl argued for preemptive annihilation of Russia?
- radiation protection
- Red-eared sliders?
- Blueshifted stars?
- Image search related question
- Characteristics of skin Types
- Adding salt to boiling what-have-you
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 9
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 9
- Animal behaviour
- DNA sequencing
- Firing on all pistons
- Which Australian native frog?
- Quantum Mechanics: Operator and Eigenvalue
- how do astronauts refer to spacesuits
- A gamma ray burst extinction scenario
- Another birdsong?
- Tortoise speeds
- How do astronauts swallow ?
- Is it possible for someone of mixed race to be born transparent as a result? Why not?
- Thermosynthesis & Radiosynthesis --
- Query: Name of inedible string/fiber found in bananas?
- What plant are these people selling?
- Lithium sunsets?
- This week's meteor
- Hawking radiation emission rate inversely proportional to black hole mass - why?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 10
- Circular Motion
- Energy Drink Death
- Hair loss (non-balding)
- What is naphtha?
- Biosphere ?
- How can you ever fall in a black hole?
- Intermolecular Forces
- Batteries in series vs. parallel arrangement
- What bodily function is not possibel in space?
- One man's meat is another man's poison
- Molecular Excitement
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 11
- type 2 diabetes and hair loss
- Electron configuration in Lawrencium
- The Speed Of Dark......?
- Why do Rabbits hop?
- What is this equation?
- Why not swing?
- Alcohol injection
- Electron and Hole Concentration in Carbon
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 12
- vitamin A
- CHloroacetic acid
- chemotherapy or radiation therapy for obesity
- Quantum Mechanics: Entangled Wave Function
- Hepatitis C
- Who makes the 120mm fans used on the space shuttle?
- Panic Attack while teaching my kid
- heat conductor
- we are looking for info regarding mining
- Cuttlefish wants to cuddle
- urea formation
- The "fish scales" in the clouds are back!
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 13
- Recent rise in oil prices?
- climate modelling simulation map-based continental land-influenced scenario?
- non-medical placebos?
- "Random outbursts give people cancer"?!?
- Goatse - how does he do that with his butt?
- psa levels
- About Albert Einstien (E=mc^2)
- Tell me if it' snot a good idea....
- volume of space
- Gases "dissolved" in liquids; fish breathing
- International Space Station
- IV nurse (medicine)
- What are the night-blooming vegetables?
- if cocaine is just a molecule, why dont peeple synthesize it?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 14
- Quantum Physics
- What species of seal or walrus is this?
- RL circuit
- Ozone in the interstellar medium
- what decides the direction of rotation of diesel engines?
- Knee problems
- Omnipresent God
- Indian pharmaceutical companies
- Chemical Process Pipe Labeling
- Evolutionary biology and sexual selection in humans
- 3000 Farad "ultracapacitor". Is it a joke?
- Windy metro entrances
- Gustatory table of elements
- Speed of fire ant destruction
- Can you look up this physical property for me? I've exhaused my available references
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 15
- Quantum Physics II
- can we produce 50,000 units of electricity from solar energy
- Observes & speed of light
- Kinetic energy and related matters
- Effect of carbon dioxide on photosynthesis
- Wikimania - is it an academic conference?
- Metabolism and conservation of energy
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 16
- Toxicity of non-stick pan lining?
- Horizontal search functions (in visual perception)
- Is Energy relative?
- DBasing the money supply
- artificially macerated food
- How much human evolution is yet to come?
- Winter Solstice
- Radiography in Thailand?
- what is the most effective toothpaste?
- Speed in space(not the drug)
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 17
- Brushing teeth with bleach?
- what is the plant in this picture?
- Did the Big Bang go bang
- Sodium-potassium pumps
- Phosphodiester bonds
- infrared raman spectroscopy
- Minimum entropy
- temp & fire
- Speed of ...
- It brings tears to my eyes...
- 1-Octen-3-ol CAS numbers?
- Magical self cleaning wound
- Searching for massively-multiplayer synonyms in PubMed
- Chem Acid Stoichimetry problem
- Part of the USS Pampanito's hull
- Paraffin/aluminium foil
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 18
- More quantum physics...
- Infrared raman spectroscopy
- global warming
- MSM expiry
- Radio transmitter power
- Atomic Radio clocks in Bulgaria
- Genetic probabilities
- 300,000 Elephants in Chad?
- Paramagnetic metal that do not become magnetized.
- What is cyclooctatetraene?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 19
- Biology: What are these caterpillars doing?
- Science in my gloves
- Two questions
- How do you poison a dress?
- Tantalum hafnium carbide
- New car smell
- New Solar Chip
- Battleships in space
- Wiki Myth Busters...
- medical terminology, not sure of spelling or existence
- Turtle identification
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 20
- Foxes in the UK
- sound transducer
- Quantum Mechanics: Orthogonality of Dirac Delta Function
- VHF/FM Radio Frequencies
- spin and (hyper)complex numbers -- why is the quanta of angular momentum 1/2
- Tapdancing gulls
- Hallucinations making everything appear very big or very small
- Radioactive decay
- scientific name
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 21
- Free falling human body
- Specific Heat Capacity
- Modeling Friction
- Boomerang returns in space. Make 'splain that one now!
- Metric expansion of space
- "He's got balls..."
- dimethyl sulfone decomposition
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 22
- Automatic crossbow
- water heater is making a whining sound
- Best Food
- Garlic for treatment of wounds
- Genetic mutation resulting in deformities of the offspring
- Children's medicine 100 years ago.
- The Smallest?
- Resolution of the naked eye
- speed of an ant
- The fabric of space
- Where is the centre of the universe?
- Leap from a burning building
- Non-pop popcorn
- How the brain processes visuals
- Could physicians work as epidemiologists?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 23
- Trying to recall something I read years ago
- Long-term effects of 0 g
- "Jumping" of blood vessels around the eye
- can someone identify this flower for me?
- Calcium Chloride re Dehumidifier
- Black Hole Question
- The Cat's Brain Compared to a Human's Brain
- Why The Sky Is Blue?
- Does water "go off"?
- Snake venom - quick question
- Bronner's liquid soap turns white when cold
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 24
- Mean tropical year
- how do i become taller?
- How come so many invasive species come from Japan?
- Big bang expansion thing
- Forgive me for asking a homework question, but how many different hormones are there in the human body?
- Movie science: what can or can't you tell about a torpedo from its sound?
- arsenic weight per gallon
- collapsible longboard???
- Static zappage
- Why is violet reddish?
- Cladistic definition of crown groups
- Balloons and teleportation
- More Teleportation
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 25
- Red wine "breathing"
- Hormonal Cycles In Men
- How do I become a stuntman?
- Hanging swamps
- online versus offline wetlands
- Atomic Force Microscopy
- What model Saab is this?
- Stuck in fetal position?
- Battery life meter
- Axes of rotation, revolution, magnetic field, of the earth
- Effect of elliptical orbit of earth on climate
- Concentrating DNA samples
- Dutch tulip forecast
- The scientific method
- Mobile Phone Noise
- Why do deep footprints in snow look blue?
- Quantum Number Sets
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 26
- Faster than light/Big Bang question
- Red cross society in Taiwan?
- Blood/urine tests
- Regenerating Limbs
- Intestinal Dysbiosis
- global warming
- Time on the moon
- Medical equipment grounding
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 27
- Why a Horseshoe-shaped Gamut of Visible Colors?
- Alternative medicine
- Moon falling into Earth
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 28
- Shape of the Milky Way Galaxy
- Quantum: Measurement vs. Schrödinger Equation
- Nuclear fission
- doctors whose expertise is diabetics
- Climate change
- Wilkins Ice Shelf
- Earth Hour - feasable or not?
- what causes water drops to join up?
- Thermal ballast
- Talking Budgerigars - sex difference
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 29
- Canned tuna
- cd recycling
- Sodium Bicarbonate Vs Constipation?
- What is the difference between a UPS and a inverter ?
- blackout --- caused by global warming?
- Rules for making Baryons
- Top Ten Chemicals Produced
- Do residential security lights reduce burglary?
- efficiency question .
- What do you see?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 30
- Tongue rolling genes
- gas molecule unpredictability
- "japanese algae" keychain
- Hawaii up from Alaska...?
- Reversing the effect of Sun tanning on skin colour.
- MA and VR Can Opener
- What do t hese mean?
- add milk now or later?
- North American bird ID, complex song, PBS "life of birds"
- Calculating Mechanical Advantage
- Would a radio work under 1 foot of water?
- Drinking water
- Slowpitched softball
- Global warming
- Mirror, Mirror
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 March 31
- Something semi-interesting about Cockatiels...
- Sharing genes with bacteria
- DIY Lab hood
- Dosage of medication
- hair loss
- Buffer solutions
- Pain of death
- Commercial aviation Airports: Penalty box
- Architects in construction project
- Radio waves, microwaves, cancer
- Bekenstein Bound