Wikipedia:Request an RfA nomination
|Please read Really simple guide to requests for adminship before you make a request for adminship, otherwise you might be wasting your own and everyone else's time. Self-evaluation is very important.|
Read also Advice for RfA candidates and if you meet the criteria, don't let any of it put you off - for a well prepared candidate who fulfills the general criteria and has no skeletons in the cupboard, becoming an admin is easy.
The request for adminship process on Wikipedia sounds simple enough; a generally good editor can step up to the plate to ask for a few more buttons to help out a little bit more.
The actual RfA can be a challenge - some people are sure to oppose; there are even editors who systematically oppose every RfA, but don't worry too much about them.
Every RfA needs a strong, convincing nomination. Generally, self-nominations are only likely to succeed from long-term, very experienced editors. Being nominated by another user demonstrates that at least another Wikipedian has confidence that the candidate will be successful. Many successful candidates are those who have been nominated by an admin or co-nominated by a second experienced user.
If you need a nominator, why not send an email to a person on the list below? They will happily look through your contributions and should be able to work out if you are likely to pass a Request for Adminship. You can also ask for a brief evaluation by various experienced editors WP:RFACP first. If the users on the list below think you would make a good administrator, they will write a nomination for you. If they think you won 't pass right now, they will explain it to you gently and what you would need to do to improve your chances in the future.
If you are looking to use this option, please remember that there will be a lot of information to look through, it might take them a little while, so please do be patient (a great administrator trait!).
Editors willing to be asked to nominate a user
The following editors are willing to be asked for a nomination, and will review your edits. If they do not feel that you are ready, they will not nominate you, and they will explain why.
- I'm glad to see this brainchild of mine has been so successful and there are some great options below. You are still welcome to come to me, and I will give you a thorough review, explaining areas which you can improve on. If I can't see any, I'll nominate you! WormTT(talk)
- Kudpung (talk), after you have thoroughly read WP:Advice for RfA candidates and checked that you generally meet my criteria. If you can get through that lot and still believe you will pass RfA, chances are 99,9 percent that you will. Then ask me to nominate.
- CatcherStorm - I'll help anyone I can. CatcherStorm talk 06:14, 22 December 2015 (UTC)
- ceranthor - noms
- By all means ask, but there's no guarantee I'll say yes. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts?
- Sure, although like HJ and Pedro, I cannot guarantee that I will nominate you if I don't think you are ready. List of my past nominations. Regards SoWhy
- All of my nominations in the past year and a half have been successful, so willing to write up a persuasive statement if I see a fit prospective candidate. Juliancolton (talk)
- I'm more than happy to do nominations. New Page Patrol candidates are the best fit for me, but I'll gladly nominate anyone who appears qualified. The Blade of the Northern Lights (話して下さい)
- I can take a look and see if you're ready. - Mailer Diablo
- Happy to review here and for other Wikimedia sites. No guarantee that I will agree to nominate, though. --Rschen7754 11:12, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
- I'll help experienced, patient contributors in any way I can. KrakatoaKatie 04:44, 7 September 2013 (UTC)
- Am an ex-arb and content-builder. I believe in content-builders becoming admins where possible. I am happy to nominate someone if I feel there is a fair chance of success and will suggest ways of improving chances. Cas Liber (talk · contribs) 09:08, 14 January 2014 (UTC)
- I have made several successful nominations and hope to make more. I don't get involved in SPI, the queue parts of DYK or file deletion so if any of them is your big thing you'd be better off with another nominator. Otherwise happy to be contacted by people who have read my nomination criteria in User:WereSpielChequers/RFA criteria and consider they meet it. ϢereSpielChequers 13:25, 30 July 2015 (UTC)
- I'll be happy to nominate you if you read Wikipedia:Advice for RfA candidates and pass my thumbrules; even if you don't meet the requirements, hit me up and I'll be there to discuss. --QEDK (愛 • 海) 04:08, 19 October 2017 (UTC)
- Feel free to send an email seeing if I’d be willing to nom. I’ll always give you an idea of where I think you stand, and if I can’t nominate or feel that there would be better nominators out there, I can connect you. TonyBallioni (talk) 20:14, 26 May 2018 (UTC)
- Anyone who needs a co-nominator if anyone above or below is the nominator, can call me up. 04:31, 27 May 2018 (UTC) Lourdes
- --v/r - TP 17:28, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
- ~ Amory (u • t • c) 11:18, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
- Mz7 (talk) 21:52, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
- Feel free to ask. I don't have very specific criteria, but essentially I like to see content work, the ability and the willingness to use the admin tools in one or more areas, and the judgement to discriminate between things you know and things you don't. If I feel you are not ready, or that your background may be better suited to a different nominator, I will say so. Vanamonde (Talk) 18:19, 1 June 2019 (UTC)
- I highly doubt that any one will be swayed by my nomination, so it probably is in your best interest to only ask me to co-nominate. I think RFA is an interesting process and it's on my Wiki-bucket list to nominate someone for RFA. –MJL ‐Talk‐☖ 02:15, 5 August 2019 (UTC)
The following editors haven't edited in a while. You may want to ask the more active editors, listed above, instead.