You may request an article below, but please keep in mind that Requested Articles is more like a list of ideas for interested editors to peruse, rather than an article writing service where we methodically try to write every article. Most requested articles will not be written.
If you really want an article created, you can write it yourself. (If you are personally connected to the subject, you need to submit it through the Articles for Creation process.) However, please be aware that due to our notability rules, many topics do not qualify for an article. Citing multiple quality sources, such as newspapers and books, is usually the key to proving notability.
|How to request an article|
1. First, check that the article you're looking for doesn't already exist:
2. Next, be sure the article is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia. Articles must be about notable topics: those that have received significant coverage in independent, reliable sources. We have a fairly precise definition of what is considered a "reliable source", as well as detailed inclusion guidelines.
3. Next, search the existing article requests to make sure your subject is not already listed:
4. Now choose an appropriate general topic area below, choose the best sub-topic that fits your subject, and use that link to go to its page. Add your request there by clicking "edit" at the appropriate heading. Give a brief description, with links if possible, for the proposed topic, to aid others in understanding your request.
Please help by fulfilling these requests!
|Concepts and guidelines|
|Meta tools and groups|
- Computer science, computing, and Internet
- Education, schools, colleges, and universities
- Fishing, fisheries, and aquaculture
- Flags, coat of arms, logos and trademarks
- Law, law enforcement and crime
- Library science
- Technology and tools
- Film, radio and television
- Food, drink, and nutrition
- Internet and tech culture
- Literature, books
- Media networks and organizations
- National or ethnic cultures
- Performing arts
- Print media
- Recreation, hobbies, games
- Visual arts
- Economic policy
- Economic theory and history
- Human resources
- Law firms
- Non-profit organizations
- People in business
- Terminology (Business)
- Terminology (Economics)
- Books on History of Medicine
- Medical Technology
- People in medicine
- Veterinary medicine
- MeSH Database
- Bands, performers and songwriters
- Chamber ensembles
- Classical composers
- Classical compositions
- Critics, historians, journalists and publications
- Festivals, concerts and awards
- Music theory
- Producers, sound engineers, etc.
- Record labels
- Schools and music education
- Stage musicals
- Technical and business terms
- Astronomy and cosmology
- Chemistry, chemicals and labs
- Environment and geology
- Journals and trade publications
- Materials science
- Physical science
- Scientists and people in science
- Geography, cities, regions and named places
- Historic places
- LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender)
- Military and military history
- Politics and government
- Urban Studies
- Other social sciences topics
Persons by time
Images needing articles
- WikiProject Requested articles
- Wikipedia:Most-wanted articles (most linked to)
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Missing encyclopedic articles
- Many WikiProjects and notice boards have requests for new articles pertaining to a specific topic.
- Wikipedia:Drawing board - a noticeboard for discussing new article ideas. (Inactive)
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Red Link Recovery
- Wikipedia:Articles for creation - allows unregistered and new users to create new articles with the assistance of experienced Wikipedians.
- Wikipedia:Requests for expansion/Archive, Category:Articles to be expanded and Category:Stubs lists very short preliminary articles that have not yet been developed.
- Category:Redirects with possibilities lists many redirects with good potential to become future articles.
- Portal:Current events - displays newsworthy topics— even brief entries for those are very helpful. They have the advantage of already having a reference webpage, and would have been verified in most cases by the news media. (see also Wikinews)
- Wikipedia:Requested lists
- Wikipedia:Requested pictures and Commons:Picture requests
- Wikipedia:Requested recordings
- Wikipedia:Requested templates
- User:Emijrp/All Human Knowledge