Wikipedia:Requested articles/Business and economics/Organizations
This page is for requests for new articles about non-profit Organizations, Charities, and Trade Groups.
|Add your request in the most appropriate place below.|
Before adding a request please:
Also, when adding a request, please include as much information as possible (such as webpages, articles, or other reference material) so editors can find and distinguish your request from an already-created article.
- Alberta Equestrian Federation - The Alberta Equestrian Federation (AEF) (http://www.albertaequestrian.com) was established in 1978 as a non-profit organization to support equestrian sport and recreational activities within the province of Alberta. AEF programs and services cover a wide range of equestrian activities for beginners to experts in a multitude of disciplines. Services range from the provision of reasonable cost insurance for all members to services in the areas of recreation, sport, education, breeds and industry. The federation provides provincial support and administration for the National English, Western, and Driving Coach Certification Programs and the English and Western Rider Development programs. It established and supports the Wild Rose competitions program across the province. The AEF is the only equestrian body recognized by Alberta Sport Connection, thereby having a voice within the Alberta Government. (http://www.albertaequestrian.com)(https://www.equestrian.ca/about/governance/provincial-territorial-partners)
- Alliance for Human Research Protection - Alliance for Human Research Protection http://ahrp.org/about/ is "a national network of lay people and professionals dedicated to advancing responsible and ethical medical research practices, to minimizing the risks associated with such endeavors and to ensuring that the human rights, dignity and welfare of human subjects are protected" whose "mission is to stand up – and speak out – for the human rights of research subjects – especially those who are vulnerable and /or susceptible to coercion, manipulation and exploitation. Those who are incapable of exercising their right to informed consent are in greatest need of protection from research abuse". "The Alliance for Human Research Protection is a nonprofit, tax-exempt educational organization under Section 501 C-3 of the Internal Revenue Code."
- All India Online Vendors Association (AIOVA) - All India Online Vendors Association , www.aiova,org is a group of ecommerce sellers selling on Ecommerce marketplaces in India such as Flipkart , Amazon, Snapdeal etc. The group is demanding reforms against the predatory practices and mismanagement being done by such companies. The Association has been covered extensively by media in relation to its demand for a regulatory body to regulate the ecommerce marketplace ecosystem. www.aiova.org/forum is an open to all knowledge sharing platform for vendors to share their views, suggestions, problems and grievances to make business better.
Call me Coach Z if you have personal subject matter expert information on my proposed Wiki project. Hello my name is John zarlino my user ID on this website is coach zarlino all caps I am currently looking for any Wikipedia editor that has first-hand information on social settlements in the community in which you serve please add your information to my talk page thank you.===A===
- Artisanal Gold Council - The Artisanal Gold Council (AGC) www.artisanalgold.org is a not-for-profit dedicated to improving the opportunities, environment, and health of the millions of people involved in Artisanal and Small-Scale Gold Mining (ASGM) in the developing world. Their projects aim to improve the health and safety of miners and their families as well as decrease the environmental impact of the global gold sector. With their main office in Victoria, BC, Canada, the Artisanal Gold Council (AGC) also works in Latin America, South East Asia, and Western Africa. Currently they have three main projects operating out of Peru, Indonesia, and Fracophone West Africa...
- cicCartuja - Centro de Investigaciones Cientificas Isla de la Cartuja (es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isla_de_la_Cartuja) www.ciccartuja.es is a non-profit, EU and government funded scientific research company based in Sevilla España. cicCartuja is a research centre, founded by the Regional Government of Andalusia, the Spanish Research Council (CSIC) and the University of Seville (US), and is located in the Cartuja Science and Technology Park (PCT Cartuja). The cicCartuja is comprised of three joint institutes:
Institute of Plant Biochemistry and Photosynthesis (IBVF) Institute of Materials Science of Seville (ICMSE) Institute of Chemical Research (IIQ) cicCartuja resarchers work in scientific fields at the interface between biology, chemistry and physics. cicCartuja provides training, research and public engagement. (http://www.csic.es/buscar?p_p_state=maximized&p_p_lifecycle=1&_contentviewerservice_WAR_alfresco_packportlet_struts_action=%2Fcontentviewer%2Fview&p_p_id=contentviewerservice_WAR_alfresco_packportlet&_contentviewerservice_WAR_alfresco_packportlet_nodeRef=workspace%3A%2F%2FSpacesStore%2F3828a804-4917-413e-bd17-e6c461ca99b5&p_p_mode=view&contentType=article) (http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/2804935/0/investigadores-ciccartuja-proponen-nueva-arquitectura-celda-solar/) (http://cadenaser.com/emisora/2016/03/01/radio_sevilla/1456836315_242497.html)
- Arthakranti This is an organization from India who had proposed demonetization and had consulted prime minister of India on other issues related to it. The article was deleted but now it is being strongly recommended to create it. Interested editors can create it. Thank you. -- Abhijeet Safai (talk) 10:38, 16 February 2017 (UTC)
COACH ZARLINO (talk) 08:43, 31 July 2016 (UTC)[American Amish Association, Inc. - (NGO-StartUp) is located in the forth largest "Social Settlement" on the North American continental region, county, state, parish, township, village, city, neighborhood, etc.... Read Section 501 C-3 of the Internal Revenue Code](url=http://www.americanamishassociation.org)
- American Media Institute - American Media Institute is currently categorized under Richard Miniter. He is only the CEO of the organization. The organization itself is described as "We are your independent source of exclusive in-depth investigative journalism, bringing you genuine scoops that have become harder to find and costlier to pursue, but remain absolutely crucial to building a news outlet’s readership, reputation and profit." American Media Institute has articles published in many large newspapers. 
- Anti Corruption International Anti-Corruption International is a global youth-led organization, founded and co-ordinated by a group of young students from around the world with a vision to show that young people can not only play a part in eradicate a global problem, but can take the lead. Sources:
http://nyheter24.se/debatt/816764-10-000-fotbollsplaner-skog-brinner-dags-att-gora-nagot http://nyheter24.se/debatt/792704-det-ar-dags-att-resa-sig-och-saga-nej-till-korruption-i-varlden http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Anti-Corruption-International-571621 https://europeanstudentthinktank.com/2016/02/18/pitching-europe-introducing-anti-corruption-international/ https://www.modernghana.com/news/606187/anti-corruption-international-launch-day.html http://one-europe.info/corruption-an-incurable-tumor-that-kills-our-societies http://16iacc.org/blog/2015/09/17/student-activism-egyptian-healthcare-and-gorillas/ http://www.businessanddevelopment.org/2015/10/31/what-happens-when-you-get-1200-anti-corruption-activists-in-a-room/
- Appalachian College Association The Appalachian College Association is a non-profit consortium of 35 private four-year liberal arts institutions spread across the central Appalachian Mountains in Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. Collectively these higher education institutions serve over 54,000 students.
The Association helps develop and share ideas, information, programs and resources to achieve its goals, which include promoting cooperation and collaboration among its member institutions to serve the people of Appalachia through higher education and related services. The ACA functions independently of any one institution to serve all its members.
More important than who we are is what we have done and what we expect to do. Our primary efforts are directed toward strengthening our faculty by helping them stay current in their subject matter through graduate and post-graduate study and research; giving students research experiences that supplement their basic academic courses; and encouraging each institution to reach out in service to its community and region through a variety of programs.
The ACA developed from a grant-funded project at the University of Kentucky over a 10-year period between 1980-1989. In 1990, the ACA became an independent organization, and in 1993 became its own tax-exempt classification under Section 501(c)(3) of the 1986 Internal Revenue Service Code. The ACA's purpose is exclusively educational under this designation. Governance is by a board comprised of member institutions presidents and an executive committee, which is elected by the board each year.
Six research universities in the region (University of Kentucky, University of North Carolina, University of Tennessee, West Virginia University, University of Virginia, and Virginia Tech) are affiliated with the ACA. These institutions assist the ACA in reviewing grant and fellowship applications, conducting workshops and providing technical assistance.
The assets of the ACA have grown from less than $1 million to over $30 million due primarily to the generosity of the foundations that have continued to fund its programs to benefit central Appalachia.
Sources http://www.acaweb.org/about/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consortium https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian-College-Association-188232611221501/ http://mountainx.com/blogwire/warren-wilson-college-professor-featured-on-tlcs-who-do-you-think-you-are/
- Al-Shabaka: The Palestinian Policy Network - The first global Palestinian think tank, Al-Shabaka is a non-partisan, and non-profit organization whose mission is to educate and foster public debate on Palestinian human rights and self-determination within the framework of international law. Al-Shabaka's policy network includes over 100 experts from Palestine and across the Diaspora, such as Nadia Hijab, Rashid Khalidi, Diana Buttu, Sam Bahour, Laila el-Haddad, and Samah Sabawi, amongst others. The organization likewise continues to rank as a "Best Think Tank Network" by the Global Go To Think Tank Index (GGTTI). Sources: 101, 102, 103.
- American International Health Alliance (The American International Health Alliance (AIHA) is an international nonprofit organization working to advance global health through locally driven, locally owned, and locally sustainable health systems strengthening (HSS) and human resources for health (HRH) interventions.) (http://www.aiha.com)(http://www.mhtf.org/organization/american-international-health-alliance-aiha/)
- Ad Hoc Working Group on the Durban Platform for Enhanced Action (ADP)Working group of the UNFCCC to develop a protocol, another legal instrument or an agreed outcome with legal force under the Convention applicable to all Parties, which is to be completed no later than 2015 in order for it to be adopted at the 21st session of the Conference of the Parties (COP) and for it to come into effect and be implemented from 2020. 
- Aligarh Muslim University Students' Union - oldest student union of India. Websites , , 
- Adventurers and Scientists for Conservation - a non-profit that mobilizes the outdoor community to gather and share scientific data, driving conservation around the world. , , ,  *Request for a page to be made
- Andrew Glover Youth Program (AGYP - A nonprofit that focuses on preventing youth crime http://agyp.org/ *Request for a page to be made.
- All Out (LGBT advocacy organization), a joint project of the 501(c) groups Purpose Foundation and Purpose Action. Since All Out is better known than the latter groups, I would suggest it as the primary article and the other two as redirects. Widely known among online LGBT community, from their e-mail appeals. Official website. Media coverage at CNN, Forbes, The Guardian, a NY Times blog, etc.
- The Ally Coalition An LGBT advocacy non profit started by the band Fun. Sources: Fun's website MTV GLAAD Equality NC Edge Boston Metro Times
- A Hand Up - https://volunteer.truist.com/uwcact/org/8819377.html
- Accrediting Council for Continuing Education And Training - ACCET is a USDE recognized accrediting agency.
- Acting On A Dream - http://actingonadream.com/
- Action For Kids - UK national charity dedicated to helping disabled children through mobility equipment and training. Press:  Requested: 2012-05-21.
- AIFO - AIFO is an international NGO with headquarters in Italy and offices in India, Brasil, Kenya, Mozambique and Mongolia. AIFO is Official Partner of World Health Organization.
- The Aftab Committee - A nonprofit that focuses on making Iranian-Americans feel comfortable and help them adjust to America. http://www.aftabcomm.org/ *Request for a page to be made.
- Alban Institute - Seems to be cited here. Has articles on religion--would be helpful to know who they are and their viewpoint or agenda.
- Alberta School Councils' Association - provincial association for school councils in Alberta. website is http://www.albertaschoolcouncils.ca . sources related are http://www.canlii.ca/en/ab/laws/stat/rsa-2000-c-s-3/latest/rsa-2000-c-s-3.html , http://www.canlii.ca/en/ab/laws/regu/alta-reg-113-2007/latest/alta-reg-113-2007.html
- Aloha United Way - A group that raises money and give to other non-profit organizations in Hawaii.
- Alternative Energy Foundation - Group that raises money to fund alternative energy research projects
- American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians - A professional medical association dedicated to improving the overall quality of health care with certification exclusively through the National Board of Medical Examiners  
- American Youth Foundation - AYF is a nonprofit youth development organization that engages thousands of youth in programming year round at two properties: Miniwanca (Michigan) and Merrowvista (New Hampshire). www.ayf.com
- Amherst H. Wilder Foundation- 
- AppleTree Institute for Education Innovation - provides accelerated early language and literacy programs to at-risk preschoolers in Washington, DC. Organization's website is available at http://www.appletreeinstitute.org
- Archangel Ancient Trees Archive - An organization who focuses on cloning and planting the worlds largest and oldest trees in an effort to help the environment (http://www.ancienttreearchive.org/) .
- ArchCity Defenders, Inc. - The ArchCity Defenders strives to prevent and end homelessness by providing holistic criminal and civil legal services in collaboration with a network of social service organizations, local governments, private businesses, and colleges and universities. http://www.archcitydefenders.org/
- ARCS Foundation - The ARCS Foundation is a non-profit organization providing assistance to U.S. citizens pursuing degrees in STEM fields. Notable for supporting well-known scientists such as Neil deGrasse Tyson, and for being one of the oldest such organizations run by women (founded in 1958). 
- AREGNET - A telecommunications regulatory body for Arab nations. http://www.aregnet.org
- Arizona Defense Corps An Organized militia/ anti terror unit
- Arizona State Credit Union - Arizona State Credit Union is a local financial cooperative with $1.6 billion in assets and more than 133,000 members. https://www.azstcu.org/
- ArteEast - An international nonprofit organization established to support contemporary artists from the Middle East and its diasporas. http://www.arteeast.org/
- Ascend (organization) - Ascend - An international nonprofit organization dedicated to developing professionals and students to leverage their global business potential
- Association of European Businesses - (AEB) - A Russian non-commercial organisation that "represents and promotes the interests of European companies conducting business in and with the Russian Federation."
- Association of Management Consulting Firms - The global trade association for the management consulting industry - 501(c)(6). About AMCF:  | List of member firms:  | Board of Directors:  | Bylaws:  | Code of Ethics:  | Affinity Groups:  | Article mentions: , , , .
- ASTUTE Wales - Advanced Sustainable Manufacturing Technologies Improving competitiveness of the manufacturing sector in West Wales and the Valleys.http://www.astutewales.com
- Australian Injecting & Illicit Drug Users League (AIVL) - AIVL is the national peak organisation representing the state and territory drug user organisations and issues of national significance for people who use or have used illicit drugs and people on medicated assisted treatment. They advocate for changes to current illicit drug policy at a national level. As a member-based organisation, AIVL also supports State and Territory peer-based organisations to strengthen their internal governance structures, their capacity to provide services to illicit drug users and assists member-based organisations to develop advocacy strategies for engaging in localized drug-related policy issues.    
- Autism Spectrum Australia - (Aspect) Public benevolent instution that operates eight autism specific schools, early intervention and other services for people with autism and their families.
- Aids for Women, Adolescents, and Children International Organization (AWACIO) - is a non-profit organization established in Nigeria in 2011 via registration with the Nigerian Corporate affairs Commission. AWACIO exists to improve the wellbeing of women, children, and adolescents to affordable and secure levels, and to ensure that decent standards of living are maintained through the establishment of skills development, empowerment, and training/education programs. References: User:AWACIO2010/sanbox - wilkipedia, the free encyclopedia, 
- Alltnacriche - Alltnacriche is an Outdoor Activity  Centre run by Scripture Union Scotland, a part of the worldwide family of Scripture Union movements . Alltnacriche is located just outside Aviemore .
Alltnacriche hosts school residential and activity breaks under the banner of Classroom Outdoors , and SU Holiday events  during the term holidays. The centre also hosts a wide variety of weekend groups  such as youth, student and church groups.
Alltnacriche holds an Adventure Activities Licencing Authority licence  are members of the Association of Heads of Outdoor Centres  and have been had a presence at outdoor learning events such as Wild in the Park in June 2014  hosted by YouthLink Scotland  at the Scottish Parliament .
<nowiki>Insert non-formatted text here</nowiki>
- Bish and Bash, Bish and Bash is a Nonprofit organization that sells Christmas ornaments to buy toys for sick children at Helen Devos Childrens Hospital. It was founded by Eli Kersey when he was 9 years old. https://www.facebook.com/Bish-and-Bash-462320637124147/
- Balkan Economic Forum, Nonprofit committed to stimulating Balkan economic growth through private-public sector collaboration.. http://www.balkaneconomicforum.org
- Better Markets, non-profit, non-partisan, and independent organization founded in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis to promote the public interest in the financial markets, support the financial reform of Wall Street and make our financial system work for all Americans again. https://www.bettermarkets.com/about-us
- Boston Foundation For Sight, Nonprofit eye health care organization. http://www.bostonsight.org
- Backpack Basics, an non-profit organization founded in 2010 by students in the Oxford School District. It's a program that focuses on makeing sure that underprivalaged children in Connecticut get a backpack full of everything they need to go to school and succeed. These children are usually in urban areas where school supplies cannot be afforded. Backpack Basics sponsors these children and gives them school supplies throughout the year, so they may be able to prosper in school. See www.backpackbasics.org
- Bolton Barbershop Harmony Club, A charitable non profit organisation with the following activities 1. Advance the education of members and the public in all aspects of music in the barbershop style of unaccompanied four part close harmony, in both chorus and quartet. 2. Further any other charitable purpose recognised as exclusively charitable in accordance with the law in England and Wales. Also Known as the Cottontown Chorus. Charity Commission Listing. More information can be found on its website 
- Bus Stop Films - a Sydney (Australia) based, not-for-profit company that makes films with people in the disability community. Bus Stop films advocates inclusive filmmaking and runs weekly film classes. Bus Stop films was founded by film director Genevieve Clay Smith and Eleanor Winkler.                              
- Bank Information Center, A non profit organization that partners with civil society in developing and transition countries to influence the World Bank and other international financial institutions to promote social and economic justice and ecological sustainability. For examples of BIC's work see , , , , .
- Bajaj Avenger Club, a non profit organization founded in 2012 to increase awareness about motorcycling and entice people to hon their passion to ride. Started in Bengaluru, India as Bajaj Avenger Club, Bengaluru. The club now hosts around 500 members all across India. See , , , ,
- Barrelrollman Organization, an organization founded in 2010, they are dedicated to rolling around the world in search of world records while rocking out to good music and raising money for the Nurses For Newborns , a 501(c)(3) organization that helps disadvantaged babies and families. The Barrelrollman Organization holds a Guinness World Record for "Most People to Somersault"  and have been featured in many publications including The Miami Herald, Boston Globe, International Business Times, Travel Weekly, Newsday and the Los Angeles Daily News among many others. See .
- The Baton Exchange is a Christian nonprofit that provides career mentoring and leadership training for college students and postgrads to integrate their faith and vocation in the global marketplace. The Baton Exchange is based out of Columbus, Ohio, and is a 501(c)(3) organization. More information can be found at its website, .
- Being Human Foundation - A charitable organization based in Mumbai, India, started by Bollywood superstar Salman Khan.
- Bellevue/NYU Program for Survivors of Torture Torture treatment center founded in 1995 located in Bellevue Hospital, New York City, see ; List_of_International_Rehabilitation_Council_for_Torture_Victims_members; Katherine_Porterfield; Ahmed_Omar_Abu_Ali
- Bernardo Kohler Center - Nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas providing assistance to abused, abandoned, neglected juveniles, victims of crime, human trafficking victims, and asylum seekers
- Beyond Boobs! - is a non-profit breast health organization that supports young women diagnosed with breast cancer survivor through support networks that help create positive change while dealing with the unique challenges the disease presents this population.
- BiD Network - Business in Development Network: Preparing emerging market entrepreneurs for investors
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas - BBBS Central Texas' mission is to provide children with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. Serving Austin, Travis County, Hays County and Williamson County. (Possibly a section rather than a whole article?)
- Blumenthal Foundation - Foundation started by I.D. Blumenthal in Charlotte, North Carolina that gives grants to different organizations in the community http://blumenthalfoundation.org/index.htm
- Boca Raton Synagogue - Synagogue in Palm Beach County, Florida; see http://www.brsonline.org
- Bangladeshism Project - Chittagong Bangladesh - A non-profit organisation to build social awareness for environmental disaster and inspire patriotism, Bangladesh; see http://www.bangladeshism.com
- Brad's Kids Pediactric Cancer Foundation - IL non-profit that donates toys and books to children diagnosed with cancer.
- BOCS Foundation - A Hungarian non-profit organization working on "sustainable development" issues under the categories of peace, justice, women's rights, family planning, and environment. http://www.bocs.hu In the interest of full disclosure, I would like to state that this article request has been made by an individual affiliated with the BOCS Foundation.
- Bogaziçi University Civil Engineering Club - BUYAP(native)
- Bright Hope International - A Charity Navigator Four Star Non Profit Organization focused on serving the poorest people in the world—those living on less than one dollar a day.
- British Plastics Federation - The leading trade association for the UK Plastic Industry, with over 450 members and 1200 affiliated members.
- Bizdom - A non-profit startup accelerator based in Detroit, MI. Bizdom is one of the most connected startup accelerators in the world! Bizdom was founded by serial entrepreneur Dan Gilbert, Founder and Chairman of Quicken Loans and Rock Ventures. See http://bizdom.com/
- Bulldozer Health - Bulldozer Health Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Our Mission Statement: Bulldozer Health empowers individuals through a variety of holistic healing methods: acupuncture, chiropractic, massage, herbal treatment, aroma therapy, reiki, hands on healing, reflexology and more.
- Canadian Royal Purple Society (A Canadian Non Profit Organization that provides a forum to enable volunteers to assist their communities. Formed in 2014 from the original Royal Purple of Canada these lodges continue to operate with members all across Canada. Head Office is in Kamloops British Columbia.) (http://www.canadianroyalpurplesociety.org/)
- Charles Wallace India Trust (CWIT) - In 1981, following an agreement between the Indian and British governments, CWIT was established as an English charity. It is run by four trustees, one nominated by the British Council. The trustees cover CWIT’s main areas of interest and are Dr Yasmin Khan, Caroline Douglas,Gregor Stark and Colin Perchard (British Council nominee). The Secretary is Richard Alford. In over 30 years CWIT has made around 2700 grants.
- Cadet Advocate General Corps NZ (NZCAG) - A non-profit organisation based on educating people about laws, in a military orientated environment.[www.cagcorps.ml]
- California Lighting Technology Center - A nonprofit research facility affiliated with the University of California, Davis that focuses on energy-efficient lighting and daylighting technologies and controls.
- Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport - The Canadian National Anti-Doping Organization. 
- Canadian Hero Fund - A grassroots registered Canadian Charity that supports military families. http://www.HeroFund.ca
- Canadian Women's Foundation - non-profit organization focusing on preventing violence against women, moving low income women out of poverty and teaching girls self confidence and critical thinking skills http://www.canadianwomen.org
- Cancer Prevention Coalition - 
- Carbon Tax Center (a 501(c)(3) devoted to limiting the impacts of climate change through advocating for taxation on carbon emissions and proportionate taxation on other greenhouse gasses ) (http://www.carbontax.org/) (https://twitter.com/carbontaxcenter) (https://www.facebook.com/CarbonTaxCenter/) (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbSzv_LUZc2A-T-TLDP_MGQ)
https://actionnetwork.org/fundraising/support-the-carbon-tax-center http://www.usnews.com/debate-club/is-a-carbon-tax-a-good-idea http://grist.org/climate-energy/in-defense-of-a-carbon-tax/ http://civicpolicy.com/journalwatch/?p=6877#more-6877 http://www.carbontax.org/blog/2014/06/02/next-to-nothing-for-climate-in-obama-plan/ http://home.marfadialogues.org/news/tomorrow-dont-miss-the-carbon-tax-centers-panel-how-will-a-carbon-tax-change-our-lives/ http://ezing.pro/a-carbon-tax-is-not-a-tax-increase-how/ http://ezing.pro/what-is-a-carbon-tax/ http://www.komanoff.net/fossil/Komanoff_Matthiessen_NYS_Carbon_Tax.pdf http://citizensclimatelobby.org/files/images/CCL-CTaxquestions.pdf
- Career & College Clubs - non-profit program to help middle school students prepare to succeed in high school, college, and life. [www.careerandcollegeclubs.org]    
- Caring Minds C.I.C. - A Community Interest Company who supports Young People with family mental illness. [www.caringminds.co.uk]
- The Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning The Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning is a 501(c)3 educational nonprofit in Lexington, KY dedicated to literacy and the literary arts. The building was the Lexington Public Library's main branch from 1905 until 1989; it was one of 2,500 public libraries built by Andrew Carnegie between 1883 and 1929. The building reopened as the Carnegie Center in 1992.  In 2013, the Carnegie Center began the Kentucky Writers Hall of Fame, and on January 24, 2013 inducted Harriette Arnow, William Wells Brown, Harry Caudill, Elizabeth Madox Roberts, James Still, and Robert Penn Warren for the inaugural class.  In 2014, they inducted Rebecca Caudill, Thomas D. Clark, Janice Holt Giles, James Baker Hall, Etheridge Knight, Thomas Merton, and Jesse Stuart. In 2015, they inducted Guy Davenport, Elizabeth Hardwick, Jim Wayne Miller, Effie Waller Smith, Hunter S. Thompson, and the first living writer into the Hall of Fame, Wendell Berry.  In 2014, the Carnegie Center won the Kentucky Foundation for Women's award in education for "two decades of activities focused on promoting literacy and literary arts in Kentucky".  In 1993, Phyllis MacAdam started the Carnegie Center's tutoring program, which has since won Lexington Family magazine's award for Favorite Tutoring/Learning Center in 2011, 2012, and 2015. Official Website
- The Center for Gifted Studies Located on the Western Kentucky University campus in Bowling Green, Kentucky, The Center for Gifted Studies has been serving children who are gifted and talented, their educators, and their parents for more than 30 years. The Center provides educational opportunities for gifted young people, professional development for teachers, and support for parents of gifted young people. Under the direction of Dr. Julia Roberts, The Center has become a national advocate for gifted education in the United States. Gifted encyclopedia:  USA Today:  Lane Report:  Bowling Green Daily News:  Organization website:  *Request for a page to be made.
- The Center for Health Affairs A non-profit hospital association in Northeast Ohio dating back to 1916. 
- The Center for Compact and Efficient Fluid Power (A former NSF-funded, non-profit organization that operates as a consortium of university researchers, graduate students, educators and industry volunteers to promote and advance research in the field of fluid power. (http://erc-assoc.org/content/erc-compact-and-efficient-fluid-power) (http://www.mobilehydraulictips.com/10-years-of-the-ccefp/)
- Center for Creative Leadership
- The Center for Leadership Initiatives - A U.S.-based private operating foundation that supports current and emerging leaders in the Jewish non-profit sector.
- Central Africa's Rights & AIDS (CARA) Society - An international non-profit organization promoting justice, health, education and other human rights in Africa and the United Kingdom. http://www.cara-online.org/
- Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology - CAWST - A Canadian charity working in 70+ countries to expand global access to safe drinking water and sanitation by building local knowledge and skills. References: Calgary development model aids Cambodians, July 2014 (http://www.calgaryherald.com/Calgary+development+model+aids+Cambodians/10022377/story.html), Profile of CAWST co-founder Camille Dow Baker (http://www.ffwdweekly.com/life/your-face-here/camille-dow-baker-co-founder-president-and-ceo-of-the-centre-for-affordable-water-and-sanitation-t-8056/), Further history about CAWST (http://www.ucalgary.ca/alumni/stories/dbaker), Narrowing the WASH Capacity Gap, January 2015 (http://washfunders.org/Blog/narrowing-the-wash-capacity-gap), The Case for Tackling the Human Capacity Gap in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, March 2015 (http://www.iwa-network.org/blog2/the-case-for-tackling-the-human-capacity-gap-in-water-sanitation-and-hygiene), Biosand filter Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosand_filter), Camille Dow Baker Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camille_Dow_Baker), "Evaluating the effectiveness of education and training in water and sanitation" (http://www.idrc.ca/EN/Regions/Global/Pages/ResultDetails.Aspx?ResultID=235), "A global review of capacity building organizations in water, sanitation and hygiene for developing countries" (http://wedc.lboro.ac.uk/resources/conference/36/Ngai-1683.pdf)
- Center for Creative Leadership - Non-profit Organization ranked among the world's Top 10 providers of executive education by Bloomberg BusinessWeek and the Financial Times (www.ccl.org)
- Center for Regenerative Community Solutions - A 501(c)(3) promoting Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) and other solutions for bringing resources to community regeneration.
- Cepmed - Cepmed, the Canadian Centre of Excellence in Personalized Medicine. I am the Director of Business Development at Cepmed. Cepmed is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the science and practice of personalized medicine through research, commercialization and education. Founded through the efforts of the Montreal Heart Institute, Cepmed is a Centre of Excellence for Commercialization and Research (CECR) and supported by the Canadian Government, Genome Quebec as well as private partners including Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Novartis and Merck. http://www.nce-rce.gc.ca/NetworksCentres-CentresReseaux/CECR-CECR/CEPMed-CEMP_eng.asp
- CERN & Society Foundation - The CERN & Society Foundation is an independent non-profit organisation under Swiss private law, pursuing public benefit. The purpose of the Foundation is to support and promote the dissemination, to the widest possible public, of the benefits of the mission of CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, through education and outreach, innovation and knowledge exchange, and culture and arts; and to support and promote any related activities. Within this scope, the Foundation operates nationally and internationally.  
- Champions for America's Future - Champions for America’s Future is a national, bipartisan, membership organization of athletes, coaches and sports administrators who have come together to make sure every child has the best chance to compete in life. The organization educates the public and policymakers at the local, state and national levels about the need to invest in proven, cost-effective programs that help children overcome the obstacles that prevent them from competing successfully in the 21st century. http://www.championsforamericasfuture.org
- Changing Tunes - Changing Tunes is a charity that runs music sessions in 13 prisons throughout the South West of England with the goal of 'reducing reoffending through music'. They also work with prisoners after their release.       
- The Charityboyz - The Charityboyz are a fundraising group based in Derbyshire, England. They take part in many different projects and activities to help raise money for charities and good causes, these are usually local but they often help the larger charities too. The group was created in June 2005 after a calendar which took place at the company where many of them work. This soon took hold and raised £250 each for the Nspcc and Childline, since then they have taken part in 2 more calendars, given out hampers at christmas for the elderly and even started a fundraising football team. Justin Randall and Jonathan Sinclair who started the group have won 2 awards, Community workers of the year and proud to be local award.
- Chelsea Film Festival - NPO in New York City, Chelsea Film Festival is an international film festival dedicated to supporting emerging filmmakers. Give a voice to emerging & independent filmmakers, who make the world a better place through their work of art. First edition from 10/24/2013 to 10/27/2013.      
- Chesapeake Conservancy - A 501(C)3 nonprofit organization based in Annapolis, MD. The Chesapeake Conservancy's mission is to achieve a healthier Chesapeake Bay watershed by connecting people with its wildlife and history; conserving landscapes and rivers; and restoring its natural resources. The Conservancy serves as a catalyst for change, advancing strong public and private partnerships, developing and using new technology, and driving innovation throughout its work. The organization is the primary nonprofit partner to the National Park Service for the Captain John Smith Chesapeake National Historic Trail.   [www.chesapeakeconservancy.org]
- Chestnut Tree House - Chestnut Tree House is the only children's hospice in Sussex and cares for children and young adults from 0-19 years of age with progressive life-limiting and life-threatening illnesses from all over the county. http://www.chestnut-tree-house.org.uk/default.asp?id=1 , http://www.doitforcharity.com/chestnut.aspx
- Child Find of America -Child Find of America, Inc. is a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to the prevention and resolution of child abduction. Founded in 1980 by Gloria Yerkovich, the mother of a missing child. 
- Chinko Project - An NGO for sustainable Nature Management in the Chinko/Mbari Drainage Basin in Central African Republic (CAR) http://chinkoproject.com
- Chinko Project Area - refers to a roughly 18,000 sq km of uninhabited savannah/rainforest mosaic in the Chinko/Mbari Drainage Basin in Central African Republic leased and managed by Chinko Project; see on Google Maps at http://goo.gl/maps/kUXrR
- Children Of Bali - A Charity Supporting Balinese Kids School Education.
- CHIMO Crisis Services - mentions: 
- Choose New Jersey - an independently funded 501(c)(3) nonprofit economic development organization for the state of New Jersey.
- Christopher House Organization - Christopher House provides a family of schools to help low-income children and their families succeed in school, the workplace, and life. Located in Chicago, Illinois.Refs:   
- Chronic Illness Alliance - This not-for-profit community organisation is the peak body representing the chronically ill in Australia. It has received extensive news coverage after decades of research and advocacy work. Refs:         
- CIDSE - An international alliance of Catholic development organisations http://cidse.org/content/general-content/who-we-are.html
- The Cinnamon Trust A UK charity for the elderly and their pets. Refs:  (How Much Is) That Doggie in the Window?
- The Clean Energy Trust A Chicago-based non-profit that supports the growth of clean energy innovation in the Midwest through direct investment in early through middle stage companies, commercialization assistance, and a large mentor & partner network. Also Promotes clean energy in general through collaboration projects such as the Clean Jobs Illinois Report. The board is co-directed by Nicholas Pritzker and Michael Polsky. Refs  [www.cleanenergytrust.org]   
- ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions ClearPoint is a national nonprofit and NFCC-accredited credit counseling agency with branch locations in sixteen states. ClearPoint is education-focused, receives funding from a variety of financial institutions and nonprofits, and has received extensive and noteworthy media coverage. The company recently merged with CCCS of Greater Atlanta. Refs               
- Coalition for Science After School - An organization dedicated to the promotion of STEM education in informal learning environments.
- Code First: Girls - Code First: Girls (registered in the UK as Entrepreneur First CIC and trading as Code First: Girls) is a London based social enterprise which supports women to enter the tech industry and to become entrepreneurs.
- Concordia Greenhouse - The Concordia Greenhouse is a public greenhouse on the rooftop of the downtown Concordia University campus 
- Coimbatore Startups - An open community for technology startups based out of Coimbatore, India. 
- College Bound - An organization that prepares public and public charter school students in the metropolitan D.C. area to enter college, earn a degree, and achieve their personal and professional goals. [http:www.collegebound.org]
- Commonwealth Veterinary Association - I believe it is a non-profit organization. The BBC article mentions this organization, and the organization appears to have this website. It is an organization of veterinarians living in 54 countries.
- Community Development Foundation - London based charity and social enterprise that promotes community development and engagement, both in practice and in principle.   
- Compatible Technology International - a nonprofit that designs and distributes tools in collaboration with small farmers and their communities to improve food and water security. It is a registered 501(c)(3) organization based in Saint Paul, Minnesota, with regional offices in Nicaragua and Senegal. References:       Website: http://www.compatibletechnology.org/
- Connected in Motion - A Canadian-based charity providing peer-support and experiential education to adults living with Type 1 diabetes through outdoor adventure and physical activity pursuits.
- Constitutional Accountability Center (CAC) - A nonprofit law firm and think tank that files progressive briefs for the United States Supreme Court. Its predecessor organization was the Community Rights Council, which has a Wikipedia page: 
References: New Republic article discusses the organization at length:  Legal Times profile of the organization upon founding:  New York Times article focuses on a CAC study:  Wall Street Journal article on the organization:  Organization site: 
- Contact the Elderly "Contact the Elderly organises volunteer-led monthly Sunday afternoon tea parties for older people across England, Scotland and Wales who live alone." 
- Corporate Research Foundation - crf.com - awards the TOP-Employers of the year title
- Council of Development Finance Agencies - organization representing the interests of the development finance industry with 260 members coming from the pubic, private and non-profit sectors.
- Createquity "A unique virtual think tank exploring the intersection of the arts with a wide range of topics including politics, economics, philanthropy, leadership, research, and urban planning, Createquity is a hub for next-generation ideas on the role of the arts in a creative society." www.createquity.com
- Crime Stoppers PEI - is a Prince Edward Island based non-profit organization, encompassing the community, the media and law enforcement agencies, established to assist in crime prevention and promotion of safer communities.
- CollegeSpring - Each year, CollegeSpring helps thousands of students from low-income backgrounds in CA and NY prepare for the SAT and measurably increase college access. CollegeSpring twice participated in the White House College Opportunity Day of Action and has been recognized in Forbes Magazine's 30 Under 30 - Education list and at the Goldman Sach's Builders + Innovators Conference. 
- Coming Together - Nonprofit publishing label http://www.eroticanthology.com
- Cordell Marine Sanctuary Foundation - is a California based non-profit organization established to support scientific research, marine education, and community connections to the Cordell Bank National Marine Sanctuary. organization page: http://cordellfoundation.org/, recent research supported: http://www.sfbaynerr.org/uploads/files/Proceedings_Final_2011_PDF.pdf, link from the marine sanctuary it supports: http://cordellbank.noaa.gov/involved/welcome.html, Sanctuary Advisory Council minutes noting attendance by Cordell Marine Sanctuary president: http://cordellbank.noaa.gov/council/sacminutes111810.pdf.
- Council of International Schools - is an international, non-profit educational organization - a membership community committed to high-quality international education. Provides services to primary and secondary schools, as well as higher education institutions. Currently, the community includes 711 schools and 512 colleges, representing 112 countries.
- CPR Institute - The International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR Institute) is an independent non-profit organization based in New York City that helps global businesses and their counsel prevent and resolve commercial disputes more effectively—both directly, by enhancing their capabilities, and indirectly, by improving ADR capacity worldwide. https://www.cpradr.org
- Creative Migration - Non-profit arts organization based in Los Angeles. Focuses on public art, social engagement, and sustainable futures. https://www.creativemigration.org
- Cultural Council of Palm Beach County - The Cultural Council is the official support agency for arts and culture in Palm Beach County serving non-profit organizations, individual artists and arts districts. 
- Cures Without Cages - An animal testing charity that donates money directly to research projects that do not test on animals, thus removing monetary support for animal testing.
- Curry Stone Design Prize - An annual award given to promote and support humanitarian designers.
- Cyprus Space Exploration Organisation - an NGO, established by key international people in industry and academia, and based in Cyprus. It promotes scientific research and development in the field of space exploration, and enhances and actively develops the local space industry, leading to the advancement of high tech industry and collaboration with other space-faring nations in scientific, space and planetary missions 
- CINVU - or COMSTECH Inter Islamic Network on Virtual Universities, one of the networks of COMSTECH that is a Standing Committee on Scientific and Technological Cooperation established by the Third Islamic Summit of OIC held at Makah, Saudi Arabia in January 1981. Its mission is to help strengthen the individual and collective capacity of OIC member states in science and technology through mutual cooperation, collaboration, and networking of resources. The aim of CINVU proposal is to strengthen the relations and improve the scientific, instructional, academic research and technological collaborations among the Organization of the Islamic cooperation (OIC) members.
- CCRA - or Cyber Crime Response Agency, is a nonprofit organization, based out of Spartanburg, SC, that dedicates it's time to assisting government agencies with the apprehension of online predators, tracking online enticement and illicit images. They also perform investigation services for the general public for fraud, scams, blackmail, hacking and DDOS attacks. 
- DC Labour Rights - A Hong Kong based student run group that aims to improve working conditions
- Detroit Greenways Coalition - a 501c3 non-profit making the city of Detroit a more walkable and bike friendly city. http://detroitgreenways.org
- Development Alternatives - A 30 years old organisation in India working on providing sustainable solutions. More at http://www.devalt.org
- Disaster Recovery Institute International - A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. One of two major business continuity management certification bodies in the world. Website: http://www.drii.org
-  - Wikipedia article on DRI International's most prominent certification.
- Don't Forget The Kids - UK based Non Profit Organisation supporting Children 0-17 who have a parent or carer living with Cancer/ Bereavement. Website: http://www.dontforgetthekids.co.uk/
- Doris Duke Artist Awards - annual award of $275,000 for artists in Dance, Theater and Jazz funded by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation. More at: http://ddpaa.org. Also see: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304299304577349910365901358.html, http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may/01/entertainment/la-et-cm-doris-duke-performing-artist-awards-20130430, http://creative-capital.org/news_items/view/461, http://foundationcenter.org/pnd/news/story.jhtml?id=377100011
- Education Development Center [] [EDC is a nonprofit research and development organization based in Waltham, Massachusetts with main offices in Washington, D.C., New York City, Chicago, and other locations. EDC has 1,400 employees who develop programs in education, health, and international development. EDC’s landmark programs include the social science curricula Man: A Course of Study (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man:_A_Course_of_Study). EDC was founded by Jerrold Zacharias (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerrold_R._Zacharias) who started the Physical Science Study Committee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Science_Study_Committee) which is credited with changing physics education in the United States.
- Eco-Club, Aligarh Muslim University-   A non profit body engaged in the environmental protection based at Aigarh
- East Africa Mission Orphanage - Vegetarian orphanage in East Africa run by volunteers, looking after orphans with HIV/AIDS
- Elder Financial Protection Network - A non profit Organization based in San Francisco that is the primary provider of elder financial protective services in California.
- Eco-Cycle -  One of the largest non-profit recyclers in the US with an international reputation as a pioneer and innovator in resource conservation; servicing Boulder County, CO since 1976.
- E-Collaborative for Civic Education - Non-profit organization based in Bethesda, Maryland which created the Tavaana: E-Learning Institute for Iranian Civil Society. It has a "mission to leverage technology to promote civic learning and democratic political life internationally."
- Economic Research Council -  Britain's oldest Economics-based think tank and a registered charity with a focus on supporting education in Economics.
- EcoWatch -  a nonprofit with the mission to "unite the voice of the grassroots environmental movement and mobilize millions of people to engage in democracy to protect human health and the environment", news-service 
- Edinburgh City Centre Churches Together also known as ECCCT and TOGETHER a local ecumenical partnership of 3 churches in Central Edinburgh, working on a number of outreach projects.Refs:
- East-West Institute 
- eLearning Network also known as the eLN, a Community Interest Company (not for profit) with a focus on the best practice use of eLearning in Business and campaigning against ineffective eLearning. .See:
- Elemental Impact also known as Ei, is a national nonprofit located in Atlanta, Georgia dedicated to bringing sustainable operating practices to the corporate community. See: 
- Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity, Inc. - Elie Wiesel and his wife, Marion, established The Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity soon after he was awarded the 1986 Nobel Prize for Peace. The Foundation's mission, rooted in the memory of the Holocaust, is to combat indifference, intolerance and injustice through international dialogue and youth-focused programs that promote acceptance, understanding and equality. Organization's website is available at http://www.eliewieselfoundation.org
- Ethics & Compliance Officer Association (ECOA) - A non-profit, member-driven association exclusively for individuals responsible for their organization's ethics, compliance, and business conduct programs. mentions: 
- Episcopal Charities of New York - Episcopal Charities serves as the outreach arm of the Episcopal Diocese of New York. Our mission is to help parish-based programs provide assistance and opportunities to children and adults in need. Website: http://episcopalcharities-newyork.org
- Equal Payback Project - The Equal Payback Project is a TILT (The National Women’s Law Center) campaign to raise funds to fight for "equal pay through legislation, education and advocacy." (see http://www.equalpaybackproject.com/) American comedian and author Sarah Silverman has made a video for the project stating that due to the gender wage gap (and the gender wage gap for women of color), she is going to undergo the medical procedures to become a man (http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/sarah-silverman-equal-pay-wage-gap-video?cid=sm_m_main_1_20141008_33120886).
- END IT Movement A movement started through Passion International to help spread awareness about modern day slavery. This organization is the mediator between the people who want to donate money and learn more about slavery and the organizations that need the money to keep doing their work to end modern day slavery. Their main goal is to just spread awareness right now. Awareness that slavery DOES still exist and that is still a huge problem. In fact, bigger than it ever was before. http://enditmovement.com/ https://www.facebook.com/EndItMovementUnofficial https://twitter.com/enditmovement
- EyePAT - A Community Interest Company based in the UK that offers training in Internet Safety and Anti-bullying.
- Esperanza International - A Christian non-profit that serves people in poverty in the Dominican Republic and Haiti through microfinance intitiatives and complementary services. Esperanza serves over 13,000 people, has disbursed over $60 million USD in loans since 1995, and has an active portfolio of $3.49 million . The organization was founded by former MLB player Dave Valle . It is headquartered in Santo Domingo, has nine branch offices around the Dominican Republic and one in Haiti, and has offices in Dallas, Texas and Seattle, Washington. Esperanza's mission is "to free children and their families from poverty through initiatives that generate income, education, and health, restoring self-worth and dignity to those who have lost hope." Approximately 87% of all of Esperanza's associates, those that receives microcredit loans, are women. Esperanza emphasizes an integrated approach that includes small loans through a group-loan model, and educational services teaching classes on business, health, and savings. In addition to services for the group loans, Esperanza provides loans that help with school construction and clean water projects in the Dominican Republic. Esperanza also partners with Kiva International  , Hope International  , MLB Player's Trust , Reily Brothers Real Estate , The Hersh Foundation , Crown Council .
- Exponent Philanthropy (Exponent Philanthropy  is the country’s largest association of funders—nearly 2,200 members strong—and the only one dedicated to serving foundations with few or no staff, philanthropic families, and individual donors. It's vibrant network has in common lean operations and a style of philanthropy motivated by personal passion, community needs, and the strong desire for better outcomes. The organization provides high-quality and cost-effective programs, resources, and connections that maximize members’ dollars and time for the benefit of diverse communities and causes. Exponent Philanthropy's blog, PhilanthroFiles , engages philanthropists, philanthropic support organizations, philanthropic advisors, and others in rich dialogue about philanthropy with few or no staff; informs and inspires their work; and, ultimately, helps them find greater fulfillment and achieve even more. In 2016, Exponent Philanthropy launched Philanthropy Lessons, a video series and campaign produced by Exponent Philanthropy, funded by the Fund for Shared Insight , and released in partnership with The Chronicle of Philanthropy . Together, to help others be more effective and efficient in creating the change they want to see in the world, we are sharing words of wisdom from some of our industry’s most inspirational funders about what they have learned throughout their philanthropic careers. Exponent Philanthropy was originally founded as the Association of Small Foundations and rebranded in March 2014.) (http://www.exponentphilanthropy.org/about, http://philanthrofiles.org/about/, http://philanthropylessons.org/about/, https://philanthropy.com/article/Foundation-Group-Expands-to/153345, https://www.thenonprofittimes.com%2Fnews-articles%2Fassn-of-small-foundations-becomes-exponent-philanthropy%2F, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philanthropy)
- Equi Foundation A foundation created by Equi Quansah to help car victims in Ghana, as that is a very common reason of death there.
- Fairbanks Light Opera Theater - (FLOT) is Interior Alaska's premiere community theater production company, as well as a 501c(3) nonprofit arts organization established in 1970. [www.flot.org]
- The Fairness Project - The Fairness Project is a California-based nonprofit that assists state-based ballot initiative campaigns across the U.S., and works to draw national attention to issues of economic fairness. In 2016, The Fairness Project is focusing on ballot-initiative campaigns that seek to raise the minimum wage, working with partner organizations across the country to enact legislation that raises the wage.   
- Family Promise - a national nonprofit that mobilizes communities to help homeless and low-income families achieve financial independence. 
- Fidelity Charitable a public charity started in 1991 to further the American tradition of philanthropy by providing donor-advised programs that make charitable giving simple, effective, and accessible. 
- Find My Recycler -  A free to use United Kingdom based worldwide website recycler & refurbisher search service initiated and sponsored by Allsorts of Deeside, UK. Find My Recycler enables individuals and businesses to search for a recycler of the items they need to dispose of, in a manner befitting the needs of a person or entity that is concerned with green issues and the environment.
- Fire Museum of Maryland - 3rd largest Fire Museum in the world, located in Lutherville, Maryland 
- Fiscal Sponsorship
- Fisher Center for Alzheimer’s Research Foundation - a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 1995 to fund Alzheimer’s research, awareness and education.      /spotlight.jhtml;jsessionid=ENIIHJJESJERTLAQBQ4CGXD5AAAACI2F?id=273900022]
- FLMK A non-profit job vacancy services that you can found at FLMK and Lowongan Kerja
- Florida Marine Research -
- Florida Keys Forever - a national non-profit organization that focuses on protecting, preserving and promoting the Florida Keys and Key West. Organization's website is available at http://www.floridakeysforever.org
- Fondazione Bruno Keseler - A research organization that is dedicated to keep the province of Trento (Italy) in the mainstream of European and international research. 
- Food Export USA-Northeast - A private, non-profit association that offers services to help U.S. companies promote their Northeastern food and agricultural products in foreign markets.  A draft was written at User:JasmineDScott.
- FoodPool - Gardeners helping people in need - A not-for-profit organization (currently unincorporated) promoting the formation of neighborhood groups to collect backyard garden produce for donation to local food banks, food pantries, and other centers that distribute food to people in need.  mentions: 
- Forever Manchester - A non-profit organization that is dedicated to raising, managing and distributing money to support local people and groups trying to make a positive change in neighbourhoods throughout Greater Manchester. Organization's website is available at http://forevermanchester.com/
- The Foreign Policy Institute - A non-profit organization that supports continued U.S. engagement -- diplomatic, economic, and military -- in the world and rejection of policies that would lead us down the path to isolationism; robust support for America’s democratic allies and opposition to rogue regimes that threaten American interests; the human rights of those oppressed by their governments, and U.S. leadership in working to spread political and economic freedom; a strong military with the defense budget needed to ensure that America is ready to confront the threats of the 21st century; international economic engagement as a key element of U.S. foreign policy in this time of great economic dislocation. The organization's website is available at http://foreignpolicyi.org/
- The Francis E Low Foundation A non-profit dedicated to funding research into renewable energy
- The Free Network Foundation Vuilders and advocates of distributed and decentralized communication systems
- FreePoverty – a website/organization that donates water to those in need
- Friends Health Connection - A non-profit website focused on 'support and education' for members with illnesses. This includes lectures, conferences, workshops, and a social networking site. Named the 268th Daily Point of Light by former President Bush.
- The Friends of Israel - A non-profit organization dedicated to the witness of the Messiah to the nation to which he first came and to the fostering of solidarity with the Jewish people. 
- Friends of the River - A non-profit river conservation organization founded in 1973 by conservation advocates in California.
- Full Gospel Evangelistic Association - Ministry for training, licensing and ordaining Christian Ministers.
FARMERS FRIEND ORGANISATION - FARMERS FRIEND ORGANISATION -Farmers Friend Organization (FFO) is a development non-governmental organization that was established by a group of young committed people in 2003. Its initiation was a response to the increasing poverty and injustice prevailing in the society by its founder members. The primary purpose and the basic cross-cutting theme of the organization is Community Development through an integrated approach. Following the same, it is working to facilitate the community development initiatives at grass roots level in rural as well as low profile urban areas of Sheikhupura, Nankana and Muzaffargarh Districts of Pakistan .
- GAMBICA - GAMBICA is the Trade Association for Instrumentation, Control, Automation and Laboratory Technology in the UK. This request is from an employee of the organisation. GAMBICA website - http://www.gambica.org.uk External References - ,,,,,,
- The GardenWorks Project - The GardenWorks Project is 501(c)(3) registered volunteer-led nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing food insecurity in Chicago’s west suburbs by providing families in need of food assistance with home vegetable gardens and educational resources. We help families who would otherwise be unable to grow their own food because of financial need, disability, or advanced age. URL for organization's website: www.gardenworksproject.org. URLs for news stories: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130619/news/706199999/, http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2013/05/20/local-groups-provide-fresh-vegetables-to-glen-ellyn-food-pantry/as47y7k/, http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2013/01/10/glen-ellyn-landscape-designer-provides-vegetable-gardens-to-families-in-need/aupx2he/
- Gateway to College National Network - Gateway to College National Network is a nonprofit that builds the capacity of colleges, school districts, and states to revolutionize education for high school dropouts and underprepared college students so that all young people can achieve college credentials. Through the Gateway to College program, students complete their high school diploma requirements at community and technical colleges while simultaneously earning college credits toward an associate’s degree or certificate. Young people who had little chance of graduating from high school are achieving post-secondary success. Over the past 10 years GtCNN has expanded and currently supports 42 programs across the US. URL for organization's website: http://http://www.gatewaytocollege.org. URLs for news stories: http://www.heraldnews.com/x369948822/COMMUNITY-VOICES-Pathways-to-success-A-second-chance-for-at-risk-students?zc_p=1 https://tippingpoint.org/uploads/gateway_to_college.pdf, and http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/20131210_Grant_will_aid_college_program_aimed_to_help_at-risk_high_school_students.html.
- Gamemasons Society A society of game designers.
- The Generation Project - An educational philanthropy that allows donors to uniquely fund educational opportunities for low income K-12 students.
- Georgia Center for Oncology Research and Education Here is a link to a draft that can be used to develop the Georgia CORE entry.
- GivingBackLife - An NGO with a vision of China void of the most terrible poverty of all -- loneliness and the feeling of being unloved. Mission is using giftings in medicine and education as tools for serving marginalized men, women, and especially children, providing eternal hope for a brighter future. URL for organization's website: http://www.GivingBackLife.org
- Glasswing International - Glasswing International (Glasswing) is a non-profit organization that empowers individuals to address the root causes of poverty and violence in their communities through education and health programs. Glasswing was founded in San Salvador, El Salvador by Celina de Sola, Diego de Sola, and Ken Baker in 2007. Sources: http://www.americasquarterly.org/node/2468, https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/08/how-community-schools-can-ensure-inclusive-and-equitable-quality-education-in-latin-america/, https://www.clintonfoundation.org/clinton-global-initiative/commitments/community-schools-life-skills-violence-prevention, http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/former-us-president-bill-clinton-joins-glasswing-international-as-it-commits-to-100-community-schools-for-central-america-530455151.html, http://www.elsalvador.com/articulo/negocios/glasswing-international-reconoce-labor-voluntariado-empresarial-roberto-kriete-70287, http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160519006454/en/HanesBrands-Announces-1-Million-Partnership-Build-High, https://www.unglobalcompact.org/what-is-gc/participants/92591-Glasswing-International-
- Greater Colombian Merchant Fleet- (founded in 1946 between the governments of Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela) -
- Green Street Arts Center - Arts center affiliated with Wesleyan University committed to transforming lives through art. GSAC awards many scholarships which are funded through benefits with performances by notable Wesleyan alumni such as Dar Williams and Tierney Sutton.
- Global Academic Forum (Global Academic Forum is a non-profit international organization headquartered in London, United Kingdom, with presence in several countries. This global initiative brings together world innovation leaders, policy-makers and academicians in an endeavour to uplift the quality of education globally and promote a system that is competitive as well as aligned with the needs of the larger society.) (http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/thiruvananthapuram/2016/nov/14/students-have-to-feel-education-says-gaf-president-1538529.html, http://globalacademicforum.org, http://blog.saps.ac.in/2016/11/gaf-rated-saps-with-excellent.html)
- Global Institute for Water, Environment and Health - Swiss policy research institute dedicated to empower the most vulnerable societies to be able to live in a healthy environment with sustainable quantities of high-quality water. The Global Institute for Water, Environment and Health provides educational, research, technical, and scientific support to empower vulnerable societal groups and promote water management. More information: [giweh.ch] , 
- Global MapAid - is an NGO that makes maps to easily illustrate solutions to unemployment poverty, to keep Leaders informed. Desmond Tutu is Patron. More information: , , 
- Global Community Service Foundation - An NGO focusing on eradicating poverty in South East Asia. vietnamenews, vietnamnet, , , 
- Global Development Research Center The Global Development Research Center is an independent nonprofit think tank that carries out initiatives in the spheres of environment, urban, community, economy and information, and at scales that are effective. 
- Graduate Student Society of UBC Vancouver The representative body for graduate students at the University of British Columbia (Vancouver)
- Great Barrier Reef Foundation is an NGO that identifies, shapes, funds and oversees research that will underpin the protection and preservation of coral reefs, particularly the Great Barrier Reef.
- Group For Buddies - Group For Buddies is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Group For Buddies to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, post links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet. To Know more visit www.GroupForBuddies.com
- Girl Develop It http://www.girldevelopit.com/about Girl Develop It is an international organization, that exists to provide affordable and accessible programs to women who want to learn software development through mentorship and hands-on instruction.
- Gwrych Castle Preservation Trust is a Welsh registered charity (Charities Commission for England and Wales Number 1092035) that promotes the plight of Gwrych Castle. Founded in 2001 by Mark Baker, and achieving charitable status in 2002, it has helped facilitate the consolidation of Gwrych Castle Estate and is working with the owners on the Gwrych Trust Visitor's Centre Project - the restoration and conversion of the Melon House and Conservatory into a Visitor's Centre and Cafe. More info on the Gwrych Trust website. Any questions on the organisation can be directed to User:JakeB of GCPT
- Gulf Specimen Marine Laboratories, Inc The founders of this 50 year old marine supply and marine education company recently won the 2014 National Wetland Award for Education and Outreach.
- Gwalior Children's Charity is a registered charity (Charities Commission for England and Wales) Number 1063694 aimed to Help Children Of India.
Registered in 1997,Gwalior Children charity supports India's most vulnerable people including orphans,rural young women and aged, Live with dignity and self determination at 'Snehalaya Care Campus'.To Know more visit    .
- Hawai'i Appleseed Foundation for Law and Economic Justice Policy organization that conducts policy research and legislative and judicial advocacy in order to improve the lives of low-income people in the state of Hawai'i. References: []
- Hopecam -Connects children who are unable to attend school while undergoing treatment for a life-threatening illness with their friends at school using technology. References:[] [] []
- Hamilton/Burlington SPCA []
- Heartfelt Foundation - found by Shaun and Vanessa Bonett in 2005 to assist charities and people under stress. The Heartfelt Foundation has supported Pathways, Youth Insearch, Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation, Oncology Children’s Foundation, Ardoch Youth Foundation, Gawler Foundation, Bear Cottage and School Aid. Reference:[]
- Heshima Kenya - Heshima Kenya specializes in identifying and protecting unaccompanied and separated refugee children and youth, especially girls, young women and their children living in Nairobi, Kenya. Our shelter, education and community outreach services, coupled with local resources and the refugee community, empower this population to live healthy lives. By providing resources for long-term support, these girls and young women become catalysts for strengthening networks creating sustainable change within the local and global communities. References []
- Hello Sunday Morning - A non-profit organization that provides a platform for individuals to create meaningful change in their lives by taking a short break from alcohol. 20,000 users have now taken a 3-month break from alcohol. References [] [] []
- Help Desk Institute - A professional organization and certification body for the Service and Support industry founded in 1989.
- Helping Services for Northeast Iowa -Working to support families, end domestic violence and child abuse, prevent substance abuse and connect youth with caring adults. References: []
- HELPS International - An organization that funds programs to eradicate poverty in Latin America. References: [] [] [] [] [] []
- Hepatitis B Foundation - The only non-profit organization that funds hepatitis b research and advocacy internationally. Dr. Barusch Blumberg was an original supporter. References: 
- Haileybury Youth Trust - A charity based in Jinja, Uganda, helping to alleviate poverty and improve education and sanity through sustainable and considered building, education and training. References: HYT Haileybury Youth Trust Charities Comission
- Highlights for Highschool - In 2007, MIT OpenCourseWare introduced a site called Highlights for High School that indexes resources on the OCW applicable to advances high school study in biology, chemistry, calculus and physics in an effort to support US STEM education at the secondary school level. References [] []
- History Of The Hollywood Jaycees (Junior Chamber of Commerce) in Hollywood, CA.
- Hong Kong Caring Magic Circus - A charitable entity set up in 2011 by a group of volunteers under the founder of Wan Sze Chung. The entity was established under the laws of Hong Kong in China, with a view of training up volunteer leaders through Caring Magic and Caring Education.
- Horological Society of New York - America's oldest horological society, founded 1866. Pursuing the art & science of watchmaking. A 501(c)(6) organization.   
- Hyogo International Association -Promotes international exchange activities of residents and principals society Multicultural, contributes to the creation of a society rich international character living with people around the world, public interest Hyogo International Association, the county It is a public benefit corporation, which was established as a wholly-Shutsuen. http://www.hyogo-ip.or.jp/
- Household Cavalry Foundation -The Household Cavalry Foundation (HCF) was set up in January 2013 to raise much needed funds to care for the Casualties, Soldiers, Veterans, Families, Heritage and Horses of the Household Cavalry. []
- Human Security Centre- The Human Security Centre is a non-profit, non-partisan international affairs think-tank based in London, with interests in foreign, defence and security policy.Founded in 2014, the purpose of the HSC is to address, and to formulate solutions to, current and emerging threats to human security. To further its aims, the HSC undertakes analysis and research into key elements of human security – with a particular focus on international terrorist, political extremism, interstate armed conflict, human rights violation and international law. [] []
- Human Services Council- The Human Services Council is a non profit organization based in Norwalk, Connecticut. Founded in 1944, the HSCCT has been actively involved in the progression of this community for over seven decades. Each year the Human Services Council aids around 8,000 families and individuals, providing them with the means to reach their needs and goals. HSCCT runs around six programs that span from student health to aid for the homeless, all of which have been covered by news agencies. [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
- International Business Innovation Association (InBIA)- InBIA, formerly known as the National Business Incubation Association, is a 30 year old membership association that strives to further enhance the global entrepreneurial ecosystem by providing thought leadership, education, resources and networking to help members better serve their communities and regions. As a global organization, InBIA has over 2,000 members across over 60 countries. , , , , ,
- International Youth Society of Eco friendly and renewable technology(IYSERT) -International Youth Society of Eco Friendly and Renewable technology is a non-commercial, non-governmental, non-political organization founded on 2012 in India , Presently working in 8 countries and Mobilizing more than 2000 Youth across the world.
- IFP Market - Event Run by New York Non-Profit IFP - Intended as a Redirect Page
- Information Assurance Certification Review Board (IACRB) - An information security certification organization.
- InfrastructureUSA A non-profit online community devoted to generating a national dialogue about America's Infrastructure. Fiscal sponsorship and non-profit status is provided by Open Space Institute by designating InfrastructureUSA as part of their Citizen Action Program. , , , , , 
- InkuluFreeHeid - Non-partisan, non-profit and youth-led platform that innovates engagement and ignites action on democratic, social and economic issues in South Africa with the aim of advancing implementation of solutions to those issues.   
- Instiglio, Inc. -Instiglio is a non-profit that works to improve the impact of social services in developing countries by tying funding to results. Since launching the organization in 2012 out of the Harvard Innovation Lab, Instiglio has worked with over 30 leaders from governments, multi-lateral organizations, foundations and service providers in 13 developing countries on a range of Results-Based Financing and Performance Management projects to improve outcomes in education, workforce development, health, and conservation - including the launch of the Educate Girls Development Impact Bond.   
- Institute of Opinion The Institute of Opinion (IOO)is a non-partisan platform for views and opinion on the issues facing our country; both economically and politically. Taking a pragmatic approach to analyse news and opinion from Westminster, the team of writers and contributors cover the entire political spectrum, creating a true community of differing viewpoints.  
- Institute for Advanced Development Studies  - a Bolivian think tank focusing on research in the economic, social, and environmental aspects of development. INESAD has been ranked by the University of Pennsylvania as the #1 think tank in Bolivia and as among the top 1% of think tanks world wide for environmental policy. 
- Institute for Competitiveness & Prosperity  - an independent not for profit organization that deepens public understanding of macro- and micro-economic factors behind Ontario's economic progress. The Institute serves as the research arm of the Task Force on Competitiveness, Productivity and Economic Progress.
- Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
- Institute of Grocery Distribution, IGD  - IGD provides leadership to the food and consumer goods industry to ensure it delivers what matters to the public. A research and training charity, IGD is the leading source of information and best practice on the consumer goods industry worldwide. We use our insight and expertise to equip people to face into the challenges of this fast-changing world.
- Institute for Faith, Work & Economics - a non-partisan non-profit organization that researches biblical principles that apply to work and economics, providing resources for pastors, business leaders, and college professors. mentions: - see "about the author"
- Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure (ISI) - 
- Institute of Pediatric Nursing – A national committee of thought-leaders that promotes a unified voice for Pediatric nursing in the United States. These experts work together to support child health, undergraduate pediatric nurse education, research in the specialty, and strengthening the workforce.  mentions    
- International Academy of Financial Management - a global professional association for improving standards and ethics in the finance sector
- International Association of Assembly Managers (IAAM) - International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM) - mentions: 
- International Center for Economic Growth (ICEG)
- International Cleantech Network (ICN)  
- International Energy and Miners' Organisation (IEMO), a French organization of which Arthur Scargill is president
- International Money Laundering Information Network (IMoLIN) a UN organization which provides Anti-Money Laundering information and assistance to governments, organizations, and individuals.
- International Society of Glass Beadmakers (ISGB)
- ISKCON Youth Forum (IYF) Ahmedabad ISKCON Youth Forum (IYF) is the youth wing of ISKCON Temple Ahmedabad which is a branch of International Society for Krishna Consciousness. To train students in the philosophy of Krishna consciousness, its universal applicability especially to the present day generation, its profound depth along with logic & reasons. (http://content.iskcon.org/worldwide/projects/iyf.html) ISKCON Youth Forum was started in 1994-95. Internationally, it is a single entity but each branch has its own identity and functions independently. Through the forum the young are taught the principles of Vedic scriptures, especially Bhagwad Gita, and their application in their day to day life. It is a proactive effort of ISKCON to generate awareness among people about the knowledge which is often rejected as unscientific and mythical. We speak to them in their language, in the language of logic and science. Our effort is towards creating well-being in society through spiritual knowledge. (http://theviewspaper.net/interview-iskcon-youth-forum/) The youth today are realizing the problems that the society is facing. They are eager to know how to get out of it. But certain systems don’t allow them to do so. Most youth are thus frustrated with the futility of their existence. They need to take their spiritual aspects more seriously. There is an urgent need to complement the limitless information with true knowledge. (http://theviewspaper.net/interview-iskcon-youth-forum/)
- The Institute Of Fraud Risk Management - Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist (CITRMS) is a course specifically developed to train and equip professionals to understand and address Identity Theft and related fraud. It addresses risks and issues for consumers, employees, and businesses / professional practices.
- The International Aloe Science Council -
- Invest in Africa - a not-for-profit business initiative that will promote Africa as a leading investment destination and actively challenge misconceptions about investing on the continent [][][][]
- i3Detroit Nonprofit hackerspace in Ferndale, MI. Source material here:  
- Ichokowitz Family Foundation Nonprofit spreading the good news about Africa Source material here: 
- Internet Matters is an independent, not-for-profit organisation launched in May 2014 to help parents keep their children safe online. As Broadband usage has grown in the UK, and more and more devices now access the internet, for parents it can be increasingly challenging to find out what they can do to keep their children safe online. Internet Matters provide a range of helpful guides and information to protect against online threats. , , , , 
- The Jewish Economic Forum The Jewish Economic Forum is committed to improve the state of the Jewish people by promoting a stronger cooperation between the Private Sector, Jewish Organizations, NGOs and Communities and the State of Israel. http://www.wjef.org/ , https://medium.com/jewish-economic-forum, http://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/commenti-e-idee/2015-05-15/a-tel-aviv-nasce-world-jewish-economic-forum-075432.shtml?uuid=ABU6VogD ,
- Jalsonic secure - jalsonic secure is a non-profit organization. where people manage there passwords and use one email address or password for every website.
jalsonic network make this technology more secure and current working how to make more save passwords. kinldy check this link for more extenal referese: []
- Jana's Campaign, Inc. - In honor of the late Jana Mackey and other victims of domestic violence, a committed group of activists created Jana’s Campaign, Inc. with the single mission of reducing gender and relationship violence. “We believe it is our responsibility to use the story of Jana’s life and the story of her death to help reduce violence against women.” Through our program activities, Jana’s Campaign aims to play a significant role in breaking the cycle of domestic and dating violence and be a catalyst for social change. More information can be found at www.janascampaign.org, www.janasstory.org, www.heartlandsummit.org, and www.1100torches.org. The organization is registered with the GuideStar Exchange. Additional affiliations include GoodSearch.
- JASCAP - Jeet Association for support to cancer patients
- Jennings Do-Dads Association A non-profit charitable organization dedicated to the youth of the Jennings, Missouri area. []
- Jerusalem Business Networking Forum was founded in 2006 to facilitate the growth and advocacy for Jerusalem-based businesses, http://jbnf.org/
- John L. Grove College of Business
- John Sykes Foundation - A registered charity (registered charity number 1156623) The Making of grants to any individual residing within the Reading Borough for any purpose within the scope of the following: 1. The advancement of education; 2. The advancement of health or saving of lives; 3. The advancement of arts, culture, heritage or science; 4. The advancement of amateur sport; 5. The relief of those in need by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage; or 6. Any other purpose currently recognised as charitable and any new charitable purposes which are similar to another charitable purpose.
- JSOU Foundation
- JCA - Japan Chess Association - FIDE Chess governing association in Japan.http://www.jca-chess.com/
- JMBACC - Japan MBA Case Competition - The JMBACC is the first MBA business case competition in Tokyo, organized under the leadership of students from the McGill MBA Japan Program, Hitotsubashi University, Aoyama University and other prominent business schools in Japan. The purpose of the event is to highlight the capabilities of MBA students in Japan, and to bring students together for a friendly competition. All of the presentations are delivered in English. The first annual JMBACC event took place in 17th Nov 2013. The McGill MBA Japan Team, of the Desautels Faculty of Management of McGill University won the first championship. The second JMBCC event is planned to take place in 30th Nov 2014, in Aoyama University.
- JVMI - Jewish Voice Ministries International - JVMI's mission is two-fold: Proclaim the Gospel to the Jew first, and also to the Nations (Romans 1:16), and equip the Church to reach the Jewish People by providing education about the Hebraic Roots of Christianity and how to share Messiah with the Jewish People. www.jvmi.org
- Karuna Expedition - Guinness World Record attempt " Longest Journey in a Scooter with a sidecar " while raising funds for the World Scout Foundation. http://karunaexpedition.weebly.com
- Katie Caples Foundation - Committed to increasing the number of registered organ donors through educational and awareness raising campaigns. Incorporated in 1998 in Fernandina Beach, Florida, the KCF has delivered organ donor education programs since 2005 in North Florida high schools. Hosts the Katie Ride for Life and other awareness raising events. www.katiecaples.org
- Kentuckiana Pride Foundation - LGBT organization incorporated in 2008 in Louisville, Kentucky; hosts Kentuckiana Pride Festival and other LGBT pride related events. kypride.com
- Khel Planet Foundation - Play based innovation in life-skills education for children. 
- Kick It Forward Foundation - Nonprofit anti-bullying organization http://www.kickitforward.foundation
- Kids Defense Team - Helping children. Collect Clothes for the Homeless. Give Internet and Chatroom Safety Seminars in Northeastern Maryland.
- Kids On The Move - Non-profit organization that serves children and families in three areas: Early Head Start for low-income families, Early Invervention for developmental delays, and Bridges for autism. 
- Kokomo Pride - LGBT pride organization. Does local charity work, and LGBT resource, along with other events. In Kokomo, Indiana 
- Konfirmed - Helping artists find progress in all their fields of work with the help of their expanding community.
- Kampung Halaman Foundation - Youth Organization. For the national youth-led network to produce multimedia digital content, conduct online media campaigns, and strengthen youth leadership in local decision-making processes. In Yogyakarta, Indonesia Halaman
- K9s For Warriors - Non-profit organization providing service canines to warriors suffering from Post-traumatic Stress Disability, traumatic brain injury and/or military sexual trauma as a result of military service post 9/11. Our goal is to empower them to return to civilian life with dignity and independence.       
Lorton Volunteer Fire Dept
- Lattice80 - 
- Little Keswick School - Therapeutic boarding school in Keswick, VA. Founded in 1963.
- Literacy Volunteers of Greater Hartford - Adult education non-profit serving the Hartford, CT region founded in 1972. Classes are offered in Basic Literacy, English for Speakers of Other Languages, Citizenship, GED, and more. The mission is to build a stronger, more resilient Greater Hartford by creating a community of fully literate adults.   
- Living with Reflux - The Uk's national charity supporting families with babies, children and young adults suffering with Gastro-oesophageal Reflux (GOR/GER) and Reflux Disease (GORD/GERD) -Charity Number:1132614. In conjunction with a specialist medical advisory board the charity works to provide vital information and resources for health clinics and hospitals and the general public at large.   
- Love for the Elderly - Internationally-reaching nonprofit that uplifts thousands of elders each year in nursing facilities, where they often experience extreme loneliness and depression. Became a member of the World Kindness Movement in July of 2016, and has been featured in places like Huffington Post, TED Talks, etc. lovefortheelderly.org
- Malaysian Timber Certification Council - Ecolabelling for timber from Malaysia http://www.mtcc.com.my/
- Mantis Society - Educational Charity founded in 2001 by Mantis Khiralla. 
- Massachusetts Military Heroes Fund 
- Marillac St. Vincent Family Services - 100 year old Chicago social service agency http://www.marillacstvincent.org.
- Mars Orbital - Orbital Station around mars.  
- MarsPolar - New initiative to send human to Mars  Just enter "MarsPolar" (with quotes) in google.
- Maryland Legal Services Corporation - Statewide organization created by state legislature to make grants to civil legal services nonprofits. Funded partially through IOLTA. http://www.mlsc.org
- MBAs Across America - Movement of MBAs & entrepreneurs working together to reinvent business school & revitalize America. 
- MPPAN - Missing Persons Psychic Awareness Network, Professional Association of Psychics
- Medical Society of New Jersey (MSNJ) - oldest professional organization established in 1766.
- Mexican Business Council for Foreign Trade, Investment, and Technology (COMCE) - organization representing Mexican businessmen internationally
- MEW Network (Managing Epilepsy Well Network) An organization comprised of groups from various universities promoting research focused on self management in epilepsy. ( )
- Michigan open carry - Political group,2nd amendment. www.miopencarry.org
- Management Sciences for Health, Inc. (MSH) (Management Sciences for Health, Inc. (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policymakers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, nongovernmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease.) (      )
- Manchester Modernist Society - Group that promotes the architecture of the 20th Century in Greater Manchester, UK, publishers of 'the modernist' magazine. http://manchestermodernistsociety.org/index.html
- Manchester United Foundation - The official charity of Manchester United Football Club. 
- ManExam Coalition for Testicular Cancer Awareness - Also known as just ManExam. Group that promotes the self-exam for testicular cancer throughout the world. Examiners [www.manexam.org]
- ManExam - Tells men to check themselves for testicular cancer. Works with artists and musicians to promote its cause. Based in the U.S. []
- Manhattan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce - 2006 NYC's Minority and Women Business Enterprise Chamber Challenge Champion
- Mareña Renovables - a controversial wind mill project in Mexico, similar to for instance Prodesis
- Massachusetts Budget and Policy Center - Provides independent research and analysis of state budget and tax policies, as well as economic issues, that affect low- and moderate-income people in Massachusetts.
- Meir Panim Charity advertising heavily on Facebook and elsewhere asking for donations to 'feed hungry Israelis'. Plenty of Press about them, but oddly no article. Given that people would likely want to research before donating, this would be a useful article.
- Mealshare A Canadian non-profit that allows customers to provide a meal for someone in need just by purchasing Mealshare-branded items.  Reference: ,
- Mental Health America Mental Health America, founded in 1909, is the nation’s leading community-based network dedicated to helping all Americans achieve wellness by living mentally healthier lives. 
- Mercy (Healthcare Organization) - the 5th largest Catholic non-profit healthcare system in the United States. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy it serves millions of patients a year across 4 states in the midwest of the country. Recently their IT division became an accredited provider of Epic Systems. 
- Mercy Partners A non profit humanitarian organization based in North Carolina USA, and operating in South Sudan, Darfur, Ethiopia and Kenya. .
- Metropolitan Council on Housing- Since 1959, Met Council on Housing has worked to preserve and expand the supply of decent, integrated and affordable housing in New York City. Reference  and  mentions: , ,  and 
- Metropolitan Emergency Managers Association A Minnesota-based non-profit consisting of emergency management including fire chiefs, police chiefs, county emergency managers corporate emergency managers and others 
- Moodoff Day A Sydney based non-profit org Moodoff Day is started a global event and is held globally on the last Sunday morning of February annually, asking all smartphone users, not to use their smart device for 5hours in Morning to raise awareness for the smart phone addiction. Reference: americannewsreport , ntnews,
- MultiCaf, http://www.multicaf.org/En/Staff.html A Community Cafeteria and Food Bank coordinated by private millionaire capitalist, Iranian immigrant to Canada, Fred Mehrabi. This organization is important as part of a network of government and donation-financed non-governmental organisms in the area of Cote-des-Neiges in Montreal whose aim is to socially restructure the formerly French and English Founding ethnic communities into Communitarian polyethnic communities practising multiculturalism to replace the Confederation of Canada. MultiCaf, with its community kitchen, food bank, computer center, free wireless Internet subsidized by the federal government of Canada, and its vast array of activities is a key to integrating immigrants. In the past 30 years, over 200 foreign races and cultures have been literally poured into the neighborhood, apparently under U.N. "diversity" auspices, to create socialist Communitarianism by mass immigration. MultiCaf and the organizations of which it is a part, including the Cote-des-Neiges Community Development Corporation at the hub of the rapid ongoing transformation, is essential to the process of transforming the neighborhood to replace Canada's founding peoples and the lawful Confederation of 1867. Mehrabi and fellow staff are apparently on substantial salaries from an anonymous board of directors.
- Music for All - Music for All is one of the largest and most influential national music education organizations in support of active music making. Music for All is unique in that it combines programming at a national level with arts education advocacy. Bands of America (BOA) and Orchestra America are programs of Music for All, first founded in 1975, with a heritage in providing spectacular educational experiences and performance events for instrumental music programs and students. , 
- Mutuelle Jeunesse Active, A community organized humanitarian organization in Uvira, Congo-Kinshasa.
- My Broken Palace - A non-profit organization that exists to meet others in their time of brokenness.  mentions: 
- Military Warriors Support Foundation - A San Antonio, Texas based non-profit organization dedicated to assisting combat-wounded veterans transition to civilian life. They currently have four programs to assist veterans with; CEOs4Heroes to help veterans and spouses of military to find jobs, Homes4WoundedHeroes which awards mortgage-free homes to combat-wounded veterans or surviving unmarried spouses, Education4Heroes which provides college tuition assistance to veterans, and Skills4Life which provides outdoor recreation for severely disabled veterans. References: , ,  Main webpage 
- Mount Saint Vincent - Mount Saint Vincent is a Denver, Colorado-based treatment center for children aged 5 to 12 who face severe behavioral and emotional challenges due to trauma, mental illness, abuse, or neglect. ["Mount Saint Vincent" -site:http://www.msvhome.org]
- MLK Community Mural Project - Moving the Lives of Kids Community Mural Project (MLK Mural), is a US 501(c)3 charitable organization, that focuses on empowering youth through public art education. (sources can be found on our press page) (a draft of post can be provided to aid in completion)
- McKees Rocks Community Development Corporation - The McKees Rocks Community Development Corporation is a non-profit organization based in McKees Rocks in Pittsburgh, PA and focuses on community and economic development in McKees Rocks.
- Montgomery Lodge AF&AM - Freemason Lodge in Milford, Massachusetts chartered in 1797 by Paul Revere. 
- Media Policy Center - is a groundbreaking and award-winning media foundation dedicated to building better communities through creative content and localized outreach. 
- Mozilla Community Indore - Part of Mozilla India Community, Focusing on regional promotion and contribution of Open source projects under Mozilla Foundation.. 
- National Renal Administrators Association - The NRAA is the resource and voice for the independent and community-based dialysis providers.  NRAA's learning management system, Education Station, is a online learning platform for kidney care providers.  Conferences and Events: The NRAA hosts two annual meetings that offer unparalleled opportunities for members and non-members to interact and network with kidney care professionals from around the country. The NRAA Spring Meeting and Day on the Hill offers a unique experience that combines advocacy, education and networking. NRAA's signature event, the Annual Fall Conference Meeting features a robust education program, networking opportunities, and an exhibit hall with 60+ partners and vendors. 
- NAITA - The North Alabama International Trade Association 
- National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators - The National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) is a non-profit Accredited Crane Operator Certification organization that provides professional certification for operators and associated professionals in the crane and lifting industry. 
- National Nursing Centers Consortium The National Nursing Centers Consortium (NNCC) is a national nonprofit organization that advocates on behalf of nurse-managed health centers (NMHCs) and nurse-led care. They do this in the form of policy advocacy for increased scope of practice for nurse practitioners, funding initiatives, training and technical support for nurse-led care centers. They represent 250 NMHCs nation-wide. They work to enable nurse-managed health centers as a solution to healthcare disparities across the country the globe. They have worked with Congress to establish National Nurse Managed Health Clinic week.     
- National Housing Institute
- National English Spelling Competition (NESC) of Georgia - The NESC of the Republic of Georgia was initiated by a group of Peace Corps Volunteers (PCVs) serving in Georgia from 2011-2013. The PCVs envisioned a national spelling competition that would motivate students and teachers by making the English language learning experience fun and rewarding for participants. The NESC-GE was officially registered as a non-profit organization in Georgia on July 5, 2013. The program is administered by the NGO, “NESC Georgia,” and an advisory NESC Committee, which is comprised of volunteers throughout Georgia who strive to improve the English language learning experience for all. NESC Georgia collaborates with all parties interested in supporting the NESC including non-governmental organizations, government bodies, schools and the private sector.             
- National Mill Dog Rescue - is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome discarded breeding dogs and to educate the general public about the cruel realities of the commercial dog breeding industry. http://milldogrescue.org/
- National Library of Poetry - mentions: 
- National Women's Alliances - 6 Australian government funded entities which represent over 180 women’s organisations 
- Native Americans for Community Action Inc. - NACA Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization based in Flagstaff, Arizona providing health care, wellness & fitness, social services, and community development to the urban Native American populations in the area as well as others in need. They operate a Family Health Clinic, a Wellness Center, a tourism-centric open-air Native American Artisan Market, and a main office where much of their social service and community development programs are based. NACA Inc. partners with numerous organizations across the state, country, and continent, to bring services, knowledge, and awareness to the communities where they operate that is both cultural sensitive and assertive of the heritage and culture of Native American and Indigenous people everywhere.(http://www.nacainc.org)
- Neighborhood Legal Services Program - 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Washington DC that provides free legal information, advice and representation to low-income District of Columbia residents. Also known as NLSP. Website: www.nlsp.org See scholarly article about NLSP history: http://www.howardfairhousing.org/dictator/media/2044/dcr1041.pdf, https://blogs.commons.georgetown.edu/righton/2014/02/23/my-recollections-of-working-for-neighborhood-legal-services-in-washington-dc-in-the-mid-1960s/ http://www.nationallawjournal.com/legaltimes/id=1202672271734/Holder-Celebrates-DC-Legal-Services-Groups-50th-Anniversary?cmp=share_twitter&slreturn=20141011110814, http://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/remarks-attorney-general-eric-holder-50th-anniversary-event-neighborhood-legal-services
- NeighborWorks® Waco - is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to build stronger neighborhoods through homeownership and other quality housing opportunities. See http://www.nw-waco.org/, http://www.wacotrib.com/news/158523155.html, http://www.nw.org/network/nationalhomeownershipmonth/documents/HomeownerSuccessStories_Smith.pdf, http://www.nw.org/newsroom/pressReleases/2010/netNews052110.asp
- NeighborWorks® Southern New Hampshire - A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing lives and the community environment by providing access to quality housing services, revitalizing neighborhoods and supporting opportunities for personal empowerment. Located in Manchester, NH. Website: www.nwsnh.org
- New Entrepreneurs Foundation - A non-profit organisation founded by Oliver Pawle, Dee Stirling, Lord Davies of Abersoch and Sir Nigel Rudd and was designed to develop the entrepreneurial leaders of the future. Runs as an annual course from September to June for up to 50 selected candidates. Each participant is provided with a paid work placement with a high growth startup, up to 25 skills workshops, networking speaker events, executive coach and business mentor. Backed by corporate and individual sponsors. Recruits nationally but based in London. Website: www.newentrepreneursfoundation.com
- New River Conservancy -- An environmental nonprofit dedicated to protecting the waters, woodlands, and wildlife of the New River Watershed. Website:www.newriverconservancy.org
- New England Regional Council of Carpenters --Regional governing body for the Carpenters union.
- New York State Chiropractic Association - A professional state association founded in 1970 that represents the interests of more than 6,000 chiropractors across New York State. Website: www.nysca.com
- National Energy Policy Institute
- National Stroke Association - national organization for stroke in Denver, Colorado
- NC3Rs (National Centre for the Replacement, Refinement and Reduction of animals in research) - an independent scientific organisation tasked by UK Government to use the 3Rs as a framework to support science, innovation and animal welfare. The NC3Rs is the largest founder of 3Rs research in the UK. Organisation website: http://www.nc3rs.org.uk. Conflict of interest: I work for the NC3Rs. External references: http://www.alttox.org/ttrc/eu/3rs-centers.html#UKNC3R, http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/News/2008/News/WTD040136.htm
- NMI - UK trade association for electronic systems, microelectronics and semiconductors. It seeks to raise awareness and promote the societal and economic value of the industry to stakeholders. Established in 1996, NMI supports the commercial and technological development of its members and the wider industry through activities such as advocacy, networking, conferencing, influencing public funding and supporting skills development. See www.nmi.org.uk for more details.
- North Caroliniana Society - a select cultural heritage group founded in 1975. See http://www.ncsociety.org/, http://ncpedia.org/north-caroliniana-society
- Northern Starfish - Making A Difference, One Starfish At A Time. http://northernstarfish.org/ - http://www.bulletnewsniagara.ca/2013/04/24/young-niagara-falls-philanthropist-wesley-prankard-to-receive-caring-canadian-award-from-governor-general/ - http://cmicountmein.com/Count_Me_In/Count_Me_In_Conference_Speaker_-_Wes_Prankard.html
- Notting Hill Housing - Network Housing Group
- Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (NILMDTS) - providing free remembrance photographic portraiture to families suffering the loss of an infant. See https://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/ http://wn.ktvu.com/story/28822359/now-i-lay-me-down-to-sleep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1feyoXIV1M
- National Energy Foundation (US)- NEF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Salt Lake City dedicated to cultivating and promoting an energy literate society, founded in 1976. There is a National Energy Foundation in the UK and we're trying to differentiate from it. Website: www.NEF1.org, http://www.nonprofitfacts.com/UT/National-Energy-Foundation-Inc.html, http://www.mwalliance.org/node/3094
- Onehunga Swimming Club Onehunga Swimming Club is the second oldest swimming club in Auckland, New Zealand, starting in 1913 under the name of “Onehunga Swimming and Life Saving Club” In 1956 ,when the Onehunga War Memorial Pool in Jellicoe first opened, the club changed it’s name to “Onehunga Swimming Club”. It is a registered Charities organization in New Zealand. Sources: website charity page founding in 1913" rules of the club changing of name in 1956 +pool opening
- Oakham Enterprise Park - Formerly Ashwell Prison this site is now owned by Rutland County Council and has been turned into a thriving business park for the benefit of the local economy. 
- OSGi Alliance - open standards organization founded in March 1999.
- Old Rafflesians' Association
- Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary
- Ombudsman for Banking Service and Investment (OBSI) - The Canadian financial industry dispute resolution service for financial consumers and small businesses. The service is independent and impartial, and provided free of charge to customers who has a dispute which could not be resolved between customer and the financial firm on their own.
- Online Ocean Symposium - an organization that creates streaming video forums discussions on the ocean and climate by bringing together experts in the fields. The organization also works to amplify stories and efforts in the ocean realm. www.onlineoceansympsium.org
- Oregon Lutheran Youth Organization - a program of the Oregon Synod (ELCA). Youth-lead organization that plans events for Lutheran youth in the state of Oregon. http://oregonlyo.blogspot.com/
- Organization of Ontario Secondary Students (The Organization for Ontario Secondary Students (OOSS), is a federally registered not-for-profit organization in Canada and works to fuel the future ambitions of Ontario secondary students, whatever they might be. The organization represents high school students across the province and ensures that they have a voice in their education, and worked to represent students and deliver the opinions and needs of students to education stakeholders during the Ontario government/teacher labour disputes during Bill 115. As of November 2015, the OOSS changed its legal name from the Organization of Ontario Secondary Students to the Federation of Canadian Secondary Students (French: Fédération des Étudiants du Secondaire au Canada) (FCSS-FESC) with newly expanded horizons to reach secondary school students across Canada.) (https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/01/15/ontario_teacher_protest_etfo_extracurricular_ban_to_be_reviewed.html, https://www.thestar.com/yourtoronto/education/2015/04/22/student-group-fights-to-ensure-their-interests-arent-lost-in-teacher-unrest.html, http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/education/students-find-value-in-keeping-a-full-plate-of-extracurriculars/article6934698/, http://www.cbc.ca/ontariotoday/2015/08/20/students-what-do-you-want-to-change-about-school/, http://insidehalton.com/community-story/2907050-high-school-students-unveil-ooss-protest-plan, http://www.nugget.ca/2013/01/30/students-meet-with-teachers-union-leader, http://www.insidehalton.com/opinion-story/2909048-arbitration-is-key-to-conflict-resolution-in-ontario-labour-issues/, http://www.insidehalton.com/community-story/2899059-oakville-students-protest-loss-of-school-activities/, http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/10/toronto-students-stage-walkouts-amid-teacher-job-action, http://stories.plancanada.ca/events/ooss-opportunities-fair/, http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/1491400-etobicoke-school-of-the-arts-students-join-province-wide-sport-your-extra-curricular-day/, http://www.mississauga.com/news-story/3131474-cawthra-students-protest-loss-of-extracurricular-activities/, http://www.fcss-fesc.ca/history/, http://www.fcss-fesc.ca/blog/1192015the-big-news-were-going-national, https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/CorporationsCanada/fdrlCrpDtls.html?corpId=9136517 (see regsitered name history))
- OSME Alumni Association- Hello, I want to be created a article about OSME alumni association. This is a organization of ex-students of Orissa School of Mining Engineering. Please visit our alumni website http://osmealumni.weebly.com for better understanding.
- Outline (Surrey) - a Charity which started in 1999 and provides confidential advice, support and information to people who are concerned about issues regarding sexual health, sexuality, gender identity and coming out via a telephone helpline and online. - United Kingdom 
- Overcoming Obstacles - A non profit organization devoted to educating students about important life skills Official Site
- Open Local Illinois - www.openlocalillinois.org
- Organic Week - www.organicweek.ca
- One Step Shoe Recycling - www.onestepshoerecycling.org. An organization founded by a 20-year old university student who seek to encourage the benefits of sustainable consumerism. The organization collects thousands of used and unwanted shoes and delivers them to those in need all across the world.
- Omega Tau Rho - Honorary Fraternity created by the National Association of REALTORS
- Pacific Coast Council of Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders - http://pacificcoastcouncil.org - The Pacific Coast Council of Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders Assns. Inc (PCC) was established to further the interests of Pacific Coast freight forwarders and customs brokers, their customers, U.S. exporters and importers, and the entire international trade comuinity. It is the primary goal of the PCC to foster the unimpeded flow of international trade along the U.S. Pacific Coast, and to assure the productive participation of Forwarders and brokers.
- PEF Israel Endowment Funds, Inc. - http://pefisrael.org - PEF was established as The Palestine Endowment Fund in 1922 by Justice Brandeis, Rabbi Stephen Wise, Robert Szold and a group of distinguished American Zionists to enable the direct distribution of funds to selected and approved charitable organizations in Palestine. After the formation of the State of Israel it's name was changed to PEF Israel Endowment Funds, Inc.
- Plus Men - http://www.plusmen.com - The first UK based site to offer a combination of dating and community services exclusively for gay men living with HIV. The site works with NHS Sexual Health Clinics and HIV Clinics to offer free membership which is otherwise only available on a cost basis. The idea of this is to help protect the privacy of those on the site.
- Peaceful Tribe- The Peaceful Tribe is a Non-Profit Organization that encourages peace. It is a group that ensures peace without the use of violence. See [www.sjoh0043.wix.com/peacefultribe]
- Pacific Basin Information Node - This was a part of the now-defunct (2012) National Biological Information Infrastructure (NBII) (see http://www.nbii.gov/termination/). It's important to document the history of this entity and for people to have a stable online URL to which people can refer when citing this organization for historical purposes. Note: also needs alias "PBIN".
- Peanut Foundation - research group of American Peanut Council - mentions: 
- Pension Research Council - Research Center at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania focused on pensions & retirement
- People Against Cancer - a grassroots group of cancer patients disillusioned with conventional cancer therapy
- Perfected Love Church, INC. - An independent church located in Swainsboro, GA. Also known as a local mission work for spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ. Has a local impact by serving food with a pantry and going door to door inviting the community to come to church. Offical Website - http://perfectedlove.com/
- PetChance.org - A national nonprofit that helps pet owners raise money online for veterinary expenses and other pet health costs when money is tight. Official website - http://petchance.org
- Passion Play In The Smokies A Passion Play In Gatlinburg, TN. passionplayinthesmokies.org
- Pilgrims' Friend Society A UK based charity founded in 1807. They provide care for older people in the community, in retirement schemes, in care and nursing homes. http://www.pilgrimsfriend.org.uk/
- Pink Boots Society - Empowering women beer professionals to advance their careers in the beer industry through education. http://pinkbootssociety.org/
- Pollution Probe - Pollution Probe is one of the first and oldest environmental non-governmental organizations (ENGOs) in Canadian history. Founded in 1969 by students at the University of Toronto, Pollution Probe initially focused on air pollution. More than four decades later, it continues to be an influential national ENGO in Canada working on human health, transportation and energy.      
- Polyglot Indonesia - Indonesian Polyglots' non-profit organization which promotes cross cultural understanding and cross cultural communication proficiency. http://polyglotindonesia.org/
- Population Institute - The Population Institute is an international non-profit organization that seeks to promote universal access to family planning information, education, and services. http://www.populationinstitute.org
- Priere Sans Frontieres: Priere Sans Frontieres, Inc. Non profit organization (Public charity). http://www.psfbible.org/
- Promotional Products Association International: Also known as PPAI. Non-profit trade organization for the promotional merchandise industry. http://www.ppai.org/
- Public Affairs Centre - The Public Affairs Centre (PAC) is an Indian not-for-profit think tank that promotes active engagement of citizens to improve the quality of governance in India, and it does so through its research on public policy and participatory governance. It is part of the Think Tank Initiative and is best known for having developed the Citizen Report Card. http://pacindia.org/ External references:    
- Quality Deer Management Association Non-profit - supports deer management practices to ensure of healthy deer herds.  mentions: 
- Reach - Association for Children with Upper Limb Deficiency - A UK Charity supporting children with upper limb deficiency. Also known as Reach Charity Ltd - www.reach.org.uk
- RU Recovery Ministries - A Faith-based Addictions Program - A US Non-Profit Organization based out of Rockford, IL. Also known as Reformers Unanimous - Website: RURecovery.com Recently noted in the news media. Was featured on CSPAN-1 with Ted Cruz in the Election of 2016 as part of a Round Table Discussion on Addiction in America. I am unable to write this article myself due to a conflict of interest.
- Reaching Hand-A Indian Charitable Trust that helps in upliftment of the weeker section of the society by educating and empowering them to live in dignity - [ www.reachinghand.org ]  [ https://twitter.com/reachinghand96 ]
- Realtor Political Action Committee - among the largest and most influential lobbying groups in the US
- Recipe For Success Foundation - A non-profit 501(c)3 organization focused on combatting childhood obesity by changing the way children understand, appreciate and eat their food, and empowering the community to provide healthier diets for their families. The Foundation was created in 2005 by Gracie and Bob Cavnar with the help of 24 Houston chefs, and began with cooking and gardening classes for 4th graders in six Houston elementary schools - [ www.recipe4success.org ]
- The Ricardo Group - A centre-right think tank based in London covering all aspects of political economy, both international and and domestic. Established in 2012 in the name of David Ricardo, The Ricardo Group comprises specialists in relevant academic fields working together to promote the best public policy.  
- Risky Business Project - A non-profit (501)c(3) organization. The Risky Business Projects quantifies and publicizes the risks and opportunities associated with climate change in the United States. The organization was founded by Michael Bloomberg, Hank Paulson, and Tom Steyer in 2014 and continues to publish important reports that drive the conversation around climate risks and the business community. (   )
- Rockers Movement - a non-profit (501)c(3) organization, a collective designed to enable change and create solutions. They empower the community through the universal language of music, as well as the arts and cultural media.  
- Rose Charities,www.rosecharities.org, a multi-sectorial, international charity network focusing on community development, poverty reduction, education and health, founded Vancouver, Canada 1998. Projects in Asia,Africa,Americas including emergency relief.
- Romanian Children's Relief, Fundatia Inocenti, a 501c3 charity dedicated to preventing child abandonment in Romania.
- Rajshri Foundation, www.rajshri.org, Rajshri Foundation is the non-profit arm of the 66 year-old Rajshri group, India’s leading film, TV, music and digital entertainment studio.
- Royal British Legion Scotland - The Royal British Legion Scotland or RBLS as it is sometimes referred now has a new trading name of Legion Scotland. The charity is a separate one from the RBL (Royal British Legion) which also exists. The Royal British Legion Scotland was set up on 18th June 1921 in Edinburgh's Usher Hall when more than 100 existing veteran support organisations joined together and formed the British Legion - Scotland was added later on when the RBL formed in England. The charity still exists today under its new trading name to stand for and provide support to veterans. Ref: www.legionscotland.org.uk
- Rho Eta Xi, , A midwestern co-ed professional fraternity focused on cinema and the art of entertainment .
- Reach Out WorldWide, [],ROWW is a network of professionals with first responder skill-sets who augment local expertise when natural disasters strike in order to accelerate relief efforts. (also founded by Paul Walker)
- San Diego Police Officers Association (was incorporated in 1953 to assist San Diego police officers in issues related to wages, hours, and working conditions. The SDPOA also aids members and their families in sickness, distress and death, and strives to improve social relations and welfare among the members.The precursor to the San Diego Police Officers Association was officially incorporated on August 5, 1953 as the San Diego Police Relief Association after having been originally established in 1912. In 1953, the purpose of the Relief Association was to “create and maintain a Police Relief Fund for the protection, care and relief of its members in distress through injury, sickness or death; to promote and maintain a feeling of friendship and fraternity among its members; to promote the individual and collective welfare of the members and to defend and preserve the rights of the members to a fair and secure retirement and pension system.” The Police Relief Association Articles of Incorporation were amended in 1962 to re-name the association to the San Diego Police Officers Association, Inc. as it is known today.
In 1912, two San Diego Police Officers had been shot in the line of duty responding to a bank robbery in progress. Back then, officers were the hook for their own medical bills. Local businessman John D. Spreckels, owner of the San Diego Union, stepped up and donated $250 for the injured officers’ medical bills. Mr. Spreckels, felt it was an injustice that officers who were protecting the community had to foot their medical expenses. So he used newspaper to solicit additional donations to the fund. It was the birth of the San Diego Police Relief Association!
On August 5, 1953, the Police Relief Association officially incorporated with the purpose to “create and maintain a Police Relief Fund for the protection, care and relief of its members in distress through injury, sickness or death; to promote and maintain a feeling of friendship and fraternity among its members…” In 1962, the Police Relief Association Articles of Incorporation were amended to re-name the association the San Diego Police Officers Association, Inc. as it is known today.
It is our duty to remain focused on the core of our mission — being there for our members and their families during times of difficulty.
Board of Directors Officer Brian R Marvel – President
Brian-R-Marvel Brian Marvel joined the San Diego Police Department in 1999. He served ten years in patrol operations at several divisions. He currently works in the Wellness Unit and is the Military Liaison officer for the department. His special assignments included the Bravo Team and eight years as the Terrorism Liaison Officer for Western Division. He is a veteran and an adjunct professor at the San Diego Regional Police Academy. Brian spent one year (2005-’06) in Fallujah, Iraq recruiting and training the newly reformed Iraqi Police.
Brian is the President of Californians Against Slavery, which spearheaded the passage of Prop 35, the Californians Against Sexual Exploitation Act, which was the most successful ballot initiative since the CA began the process in 1914.
Brian was elected to the board in 2006 and 2009. He ran unopposed in 2012. His term expires in January 2015. He was elected president in January 2009 and re-elected in 2011 and 2013. Each term is two years.
Brian currently co-chairs the Litigation Committee and is an ex-officio member for all SDPOA committees.
Contact Brian Marvel via e-mail.
Detective Jack Schaeffer – Vice PresidentJack-Schaeffer
Jack Schaeffer joined SDPD in 1989.He has worked as a patrol officer at Eastern Division and Mid-City Division. He worked on Northern Division Juvenile Services Team and the Summer Beach Team. Jack’s investigative assignments have included Northern Division, Vice Operations, and his current assignment in the Street Gangs Unit. Jack was elected in 2013.
Contact Jack Schaeffer via e-mail.
Officer Tom Bostedt – Secretary
Tom Bostedt joined the Department in 1986. He has served as a patrol officer in Central, Western and Southern Divisions. He is currently assigned to Eastern Patrol Division. His special assignments include 10 years as a field training officer, four years as a SWAT officer and four years in the Training Division. In addition to his service to the SDPOA, he is president of the San Diego Police Athletic Federation.
Tom was elected to the board in 2000, 2004, 2007 and 2010. His term expires in January 2017.
Tom chairs the Member Relations and Labor Management committees and serves on the Legal, Public Relations, Special Events/Scholarship and PAC committees.
Contact Tom Bostedt via e-mail.
Officer Terry Hoskins – Treasurer
Terry Hoskins started his career with the San Diego Police Department in October 2008. He has worked as a patrol officer at Mid-City Division since completing Phase Training in July 2009. His special assignments include the Mid-City Bicycle Enforcement Team. He is currently the Community Liaison Officer for the 820’s Service Area, serving ten communities within the City Height Communities. He was elected to the POA Board in January 2015 and is chair of the Budget and Finance Committee. His term will expire in January 2019.
Contact Terry Hoskins via e-mail.
Officer Mike Fender – Director
Mike Fender joined the department in 1990. He has worked Field Training (FTO) and Psychiatric Emergency Response Team (PERT) assignments and currently works patrol in the Ocean Beach area of Western Division.
Mike was elected to the board in 2009. His term expires in January 2016.
Mike is the chair of the Political Action Committee and also serves on the Labor Management and Memorial committees.
Contact Mike Fender via e-mail.
Ed Lavalle – Director
Ed LaValle joined the San Diego Police Department in 1998 though his knowledge of the department goes much further back in time. As executive commissioner and a director for the San Diego Police Historical Association, LaValle was instrumental in helping the SDPOA realize its ambition of opening a long-deserved police museum at 4710 College Avenue.
Contact Ed Lavalle via e-mail.
Detective Jim Mackay – Director
Jim Mackay has been a police officer for 26 years, the last 16 as a Detective. As an officer, he has worked East San Diego when it was part of Eastern Division and Southeastern. Jim was promoted to detective in 2000. As a Detective Jim worked Vice, Narcotics, Gangs NTF and is currently assigned to the Special Investigations Unit (SIU). Jim was elected to the board in 2015 and his term expires in January 2019.
Contact Jim Mackay via e-mail.
Detective Paul Paxton – Director
Paul Paxton joined the SDPD in 1986. He has worked as a patrol officer at Central, Eastern, Northern, Southeastern, Traffic and Western Divisions.His special assignments and duties have included FTO, TAC Team, Homicide Task Force, Street Crimes Unit and Western Beach Enforcement Team.He was promoted to detective in 1996.As a detective, he has worked Vice Operations and the Narcotic Section. He is currently assigned to the Drug Enforcement Administration Narcotic Task Force.
Paul was elected in 2004, 2007 and 2010.His term expires in January 2017.
Paul chairs the Public Relations Committee and also is a member of the Business & Governance Committee.
Contact Paul Paxton via e-mail.
Sergeant Mike Pidgeon – Director
Mike Pidgeon was born and raised in San Diego and graduated from SDSU before starting his career with the San Diego Police Department in 1993. After completing training, Mike was assigned to Eastern Division where he worked in patrol and as a member of the bicycle team before being selected to become a Field Training Officer. Mike returned to patrol and transferred to Central Division in 1999. Mike’s assignments at Central Division included patrol in the Logan Heights Service Area, Crime Suppression Team and C-Squad. Mike previously was an instructor at the San Diego Regional Training Center teaching firearms and law enforcement information systems.
Mike transferred to the Canine Unit in 2005 where he patrolled the entire city with “Matez”, his assigned Police Service Dog. He was promoted to Sergeant in 2007 and was assigned to Northwestern Division. Mike transferred to Central Division in 2011 before returning to the Canine Unit as a supervisor in 2012. His current partner is a German Shepherd named “Flash”.
Mike is active in the San Diego Irish community and is a member of the Friendly Sons of Saint Patrick and also serves as Secretary/Treasurer of the San Diego Law Enforcement Emerald Society.
Mike was elected to the POA Board in 2011 where he served as treasurer before being re-elected in 2014. He is currently chair of the Memorial Committee and liaison with the Concerns of Police Survivors. His term expires in January 2018.
(WWW.SDPOA.ORG) Shreshth Bharat Foundation /; Shreshth Bharat Foundation is a Non Government Organisation dedicated for the environmental conservaton and public awareness on different social issues. This was Founded on 16th July 2013 by Social activist Arunesh Tiwari. Panchvati vikas karyakram (पंचवटी विकास कार्यक्रम) is a major project of Shreshth Bharat Fondation, under this project plantation of five different plants takes place in a scientific order. We plant Panchvati at Public places such as school, colleges, hospitals, police stations and government offices. The Idea of PANCHVATI is taken from RAMAYANA. During his exile Lord RAMA had made to move the Panchvati in NASHIK (Maharashtra). As described in the Ramayana, Panchvati was the place where five different trees (पीपल, बरगद, बेल, आंवला व अशोक) were placed in order. The scientists of CDRI researched on it and found PANCHVATI very Beneficial to human health. Shresth Bharat Foundation is also working for public awareness on different social issues such as Dowry system and female foeticide. Shreshth Bharat foundation strongly support and is involved in Beti bachao - beti padhao and Swachh Bharat mission programmes of government of India.
Mr. Arunesh Tiwari, social activist (founder)
- Save Our Cemeteries - is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in New Orleans, LA. Our mission is to preserve, protect, and promote the historic cemeteries of New Orleans through restoration, education, and advocacy. SaveOurCemeteries.org
- Samahope - Samahope enables anyone, anywhere to fund critical medical treatments for those who cannot afford them. Samahope partners with local charity hospitals and global health organizations around the world with a track record of excellent care and fiscal discipline. These medical partners have highly accomplished physicians and medical providers who perform surgeries and other life-changing interventions in poor places. Samahope aims to fund 1 Million medical treatments. http://www.samahope.org/ | http://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewithorn/2014/10/21/samahopes-leila-janah-3-can-save-the-world/ | http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/12/with-honoryourmom-samahope-wants-to-fund-medical-treatments-for-women-in-need-around-the-world-2/
- Sama Group - Sama Group is nonprofit organization founded by Leila Janah with a mission to use technology and private sector methods to tackle poverty. The group includes three social ventures: Samasource, Samahope, and Samaschool. http://samagroup.co | https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20131106162832-5424383-announcing-the-sama-group | http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3806550182001/helping-solve-the-global-unemployment-problem/#sp=show-clips | http://www.bloomberg.com/video/samasource-outsourcing-tech-work-to-low-income-communities-u5P0e_hvRJ~M5X~ozYo7iQ.html | http://www.fastcompany.com/1839862/meet-league-extraordinary-women-60-influencers-who-are-changing-world | http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Making-a-difference/2014/1023/Leila-Janah-helps-people-in-the-developing-world-find-work-near-home
- Samaritan Aviation - Samaritan Aviation exists to share Christ's love, save lives, and impact communities in the East Sepik Province by providing aviation and medical services via the only floatplanes in Papua New Guinea. . . .
- Samaschool - Samaschool (previously SamaUSA) provides digital skills training to low-income people so they can get jobs in the digital economy and lift themselves out of poverty. Samaschool runs in-person courses in the USA and Kenya, and also recently launched Samaschool Online, which offers online-only courses for more advanced students. http://samaschool.org/ | http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/26/samausa/ | http://blog.sfgate.com/inthemission/2014/01/31/sama-usa-teaches-tech-skills-to-students-in-need/ | https://www.brightfunds.org/stories/the-14-student-samausa-pilot-class-graduates
- San Diego Financial Literacy Center - The mission of the San Diego Financial Literacy Center (SDFLC), a 501C3 non-profit, educates and empowers individuals and families to make sound financial decisions and develop positive personal finance habits for life. San Diego's 10 News - Financial Planning Programs Aimed at Veterans San Diego Union Tribune - Marine to Speak at Financial Workshop Geared to Military
- Safety Net Foundation - A 501(C)3 non-profit service organization in Broward County, FL, involved in raising tolerance & awareness of and service to the homeless and at-risk community through events and outreach as well as cooperation with similar organizations and the faith community. http://www.snf-fl.org http://www.facebook.com/safetynetfoundation
- St. Anne's Guest Home - 501C-3 in Grand Forks, ND, provides a home and services for elderly and vulnerable adults. http://www.stannesguesthome.org http://www.dillingenfranciscansusa.org/st-annes-guest-home.html]
- Savannah Pride - 501C-3 in Savannah, GA, responsible for raising tolerance and awareness for the LGBT community through annual events and outreach including its annual Savannah Pride Festival. . . mentions: 
- Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital Foundation - Raises funds for Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital and our local community thru donations, special events and Children's Miracle Network radio-thons and events. http://www.svmhfoundation.org. http://www.svmh.com. http://www.cherrysjubilee.org/cause_history.html. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Salinas-Valley-Memorial-Hospital-Foundation/103232979635
- SARC(Harford County) - SARC aids victims of domestic violence, sexual violence, child abuse and stalking in Harford County Maryland. Programs include a 24-hour helpline, counseling, crisis intervention, hospital companions, legal advocacy and representation, a confidentially located, 28-bed safehouse, outreach, trainings, presentations and community education. Website, facebook, references.
- Scottish Adoption - Scottish Adoption are a Scottish based Adoption Agency which was set up in 1923 with the aim of delivering a holistic range of high quality placement and adoption services. They work in partnership with other key agencies and organisations such as Local Authorities. Scottish Adoption are committed to delivering a child centred service and they strive to build on their reputation as the best value provider in all aspects of Adoption. Website Facebook Twitter
- Sea Shepherd UK - Direct Action Marine Conservation Charity registered in England and Wales (Incorporated 2005). Sea Shepherd UK's mission is to end the destruction of habitat and slaughter of wildlife around the UK's coastline and across the world’s oceans in order to conserve and protect ecosystems and species. Sea Shepherd UK uses innovative direct-action tactics to investigate, document and take action when necessary to expose and confront illegal activities committed against marine wildlife and habitats.  
- Seattle Globalist--Seattle-based online publication covering international connections and global diversity in the Pacific Northwest. , , , , 
- Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders - Long Island - a home where GLBT seniors can access supportive services, create rich social networks and share their legacy
- Science For All Foundation - The Science for All Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). SFAF is specifically focused on encouraging young women to pursue education and careers in science. 
- Science Schools Initiative - A Not-For-Profit that has a SHSAT test prep program that has recieved great praise among schools,parents,and students. 
- Scientific Exploration Society UK Charity 
- Screening for Mental Health, Inc. The premier provider of mental health screening programs. SMH's mission is to provide innovative mental health and substance abuse resources, linking those in need to quality treatment options. , , , , , , ,
- Sea Crest School - An independent K-8 school established in 1996 in Half Moon Bay, California with a focus on innovation. http://seacrestschool.org
- Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum (A 501(c)3 organization based in Winchester, VA providing experiental educational opportunities to the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding regions) ,
- Simon Communities of Ireland - Charitable organization that aims to end homelessness and influence government policy and public opinion in Ireland.
- Singapore Medical Society of the United Kingdom - Student-led organisation founded in 1994 to represent the interests of Singaporean students in medical and dental schools across the UK , , , 
- Skillshare International - British international development organisation employing professional people in Africa and Asia.
- Small Business Advocacy Council (SBAC) - Illinois-based 501(c)(6) not-for-profit, non-partisan, member driven organization which promotes small business success through political advocacy, support services and educational programs. 
- Social Accountability International - Social Accountability International.
- Social Media Emergency Management (SMEM) - Social Media Emergency Management, stylized as #SMEM, is a disaster-response methodology developed in 2011 for disseminating crowd-sourced information via social media channels and low-bandwidth localized websites. SMEM groups consist of volunteer-run local response teams that collect and vet information about disasters, and senior "veteran" facilitators who disseminate updates through organized social media channels. SMEM projects include creating "official" hashtag topologies for disasters, fact-checking rumors, and assisting with logistics and allocation of emergency resources. SMEM projects include Joplin Tornado Info (2011 Mashable Awards Finalist), Rockaways Hurricane Sandy News , Ebola Virus Info , Measles Info , and Philippines Typhoon Aid. . Sources: , , ,
- The Society of St. Yves The Society of St. Yves is an ecclesiastical NGO based in Jerusalem. Based on canonical law and as a registered Catholic lay organization, it is the Catholic human rights organization in the Holy Land. The association was established in 1991 by the then Patriarch Michel Sabbah founded. (German WP has an article) 
- Socorro Gomes - President of the World Peace Council
- Solicitor Search Engine - A new project set up in the UK to make it easier to search for SRA regulated solicitors .
- South Australian State Emergency Service - The South Australian State Emergency Service (SA SES) is a volunteer based organisation responding to natural disasters and working to ensure the safety of communities around South Australia, Australia. Each State and territory of Australia has its own independent State Emergency Service, and the SA SES is only one of these services spread across Australia. At times of great need or catastrophic disaster, it is common that assistance be sought from other states. The SA SES comprises approximately 1700 volunteers spread across 68 units and responds to around 6000 – 7000 tasks and requests for assistance each year. These tasks primarily involve: Responding to floods, storms, road accidents and emergencies requiring both general rescue and technical rescue services (vertical rescue, confined space rescue, swift water rescue, road crash rescue). Supporting land, sea and air searches for missing persons and vessels. Providing blue water marine and brown water riverine rescue services.
Photos: SA SES logo https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Emergency_Service#/media/File:SA_SES_Logo.png SA SES rescue vehicle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Emergency_Service#/media/File:SA_SES_Ford_F250.gif
Categories: Emergency services in South Australia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Emergency_services_in_South_Australia
References: Carr, J, 2015. In times of need : the story of the South Australian State Emergency Service . 1st ed. Australia: Openbook Howden Design and Print.
- SparkCon an annual creative conference and showcase of local talent in Raleigh, NC, USA
- Speedy Publishing LLC (Speedy Publishing Provides Video Training Courses, Access to Software, eBook and Print Templates, Book Cover Creation and Much More) (http://www.speedypublishing.com)
- Spinal Injuries Association - UK charity supporting everyone affected by spinal cord injury as they rebuild their lives by advising, educating and campaigning on their behalf 
- Spinal Research - Charity funding medical research around the world to develop reliable treatments for paralysis caused by a broken back or neck , , , , , .
- Standards for Excellence - A national institute that certifies the efficiency of nonprofit organizations in order to maintain a high standard for ethics and accountability. , , , 
- Stages of Learning - NYC based nonprofit organization that existed between 1994-2010. Its mission was to restore drama instruction to public schools and was home to the Chekhov Theatre Ensemble, an award-winning company of teaching actors.
- Steuben County Literacy Coalition - Offers comprehensive programming to increase the literacy rate of Steuben County, IN, community members of all ages.
- Styleta - Styleta is a rapidly expanding nonprofit organization that uses fashion to nurture the next generation of young social entrepreneurs by creating sponsored student organizations on campuses nationwide that allow students to take on leadership positions and gain hands-on experience in the world of business while bettering their community. Styleta collects gently used clothing, sells them online and on university campuses, and donates the proceeds to charity. Sources: Glamour, InStyle, People
- St. Nicks Alliance - The St. Nicks Alliance is a nonprofit, nonsectarian community-based organization founded in 1975 with a mission to serve as a catalyst to improve the quality of life of Williamsburg-Greenpoint (Brooklyn, NY) residents by addressing economic, educational, health, housing and social needs while preserving the vibrant and diverse character of the entire community, particularly for low- and moderate-income residents. , , 
- Sudbury Community Foundation AKA SCF. Public Foundation in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada since 1996. 
- Secure Borders Initiative -
- Social Aid & Pleasure Club
- Stichting Tripod Foundation - A Netherlands based charity. 
- St. Mary's Hospital (Langata) - Requested via OTRS, ticket:2014022710010515. 
- streetfootballworld - An international NGO that uses football (soccer) for positive social change. . Based in Berlin, Germany with offices in South Africa, Brazil, the U.S. and Colombia, and a network of 120 community organisations around the world--all of which place football at the heart of sustainable social change in their communities.             
- Swiss Network for International Studies - A Swiss funding agency for academic research funded in 2008 with the mission to promotes academic research in the interdisciplinary area of International Studies, cited on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_International_Academic_Network. 
- Startup Canada - A volunteer-driven and grassroots network of entrepreneurs working together to cultivate a culture of entrepreneurship in Canada and around the globe.
- Startup Stir - A Boston-based non-profit organization providing enrichment-oriented event programming in Boston, Philadelphia and New York.   
- Scripture Union Scotland - The vision of SU Scotland is to see the children and young people of Scotland exploring the Bible and responding to the significance of Jesus. Scripture Union Scotland is part of the worldwide family of Scripture Union movements  that began in the nineteenth century and now operate in over 130 countries across the world. We are a Christian charity working in partnership with local churches. More than 2,000 volunteers are involved in helping run our activities, together with around 100 staff and associate workers. We work in schools running SU Groups and supporting Curriculum for Excellence. Our two activity centres accommodate school groups and weekends away during term-time and during the school holidays we run an extensive programme of SU Holidays and SU Missions. We also run discipleship and training programmes, prayer events and online discipleship for young people. In all that we do we seek to ensure that we are prioritising the disadvantaged, working in partnership with churches and recognising the family context that young people come from. We are also committed to promoting prayer support for all schools in Scotland. ]
- Sugar Nutrition UK - Sugar Nutrition UK is a not for profit, scientific organisation that is a leading source of expertise on sugars and health in the UK. It was established in 1964 (previously known as The Sugar Bureau) and is principally funded by UK sugar manufacturers. The organisation’s aim is to "improve knowledge and understanding about the contributions of sugar and other carbohydrates to a healthy balanced diet”. The organisation has an extensive research program on the nutritional science of sugars looking at issues ranging from reformulation to satiety to cravings in pregnancy. They also monitor a range of scientific journals and provide updates on their website. Sources: http://http://www.nhs.uk/news/2014/01january/pages/sugar-obesity-qa.aspx http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21082629 http://www.theweek.co.uk/health-science/59187/sugar-blamed-for-uk-obesity-how-much-is-in-our-food www.britishsugar.co.uk/Research-and-development.aspx. CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLAIMER - The article is requested by an employee of the organisation
- Synthetic Turf Council (STC) - Founded in 2003, the Synthetic Turf Council is a 501(c)6 non-profit trade association dedicated to serving as a resource for trustworthy information about synthetic turf. Their objective is to encourage, promote and facilitate better understanding among all parties involved in the manufacture, selection, delivery and use of today's synthetic turf systems. To that end, they make every attempt to dispense information that is neutral, objective and validated by independent, science-based, current and credible research.
As an action-oriented organization, STC promotes high standards and high quality in the synthetic turf industry through a respected member certification program and strict code of ethics. Their semi-annual membership meetings provide a forum for cooperative learning and issue resolution, while outreach initiatives encourage cooperative relationships between industry and end-user organizations. Their Mission Statement is "Committed to community wellness and environmental responsibility through the use of synthetic turf, the Synthetic Turf Council is the industry's voice for promoting the highest ethical and professional standards, education, legislative and community advocacy."
As the voice of the industry, the STC has been cited often in the media, especially in response to the controversy over the use of crumb rubber used as an infill for synthetic turf in many sports fields and play parks. Some of these references include the following: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/artificial-turf-debate/feds-finally-take-action-crumb-rubber-turf-n517726; http://triblive.com/news/neighborhoods/carlynton/10529478-74/turf-playing-surface; http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-bears-turf-lawsuit-0527-biz-20160526-story.html; http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/264708-turf-industry-lobbies-up-in-rubber-safety-fight; http://www.law360.com/articles/737107/turf-wars-the-attack-on-crumb-rubber-synthetic-turf; https://chemicalwatch.com/43099/us-congressman-calls-for-synthetic-turf-safety-review; http://www.wuft.org/news/2015/12/04/synthetic-turf-studies-inconclusive-on-health-concerns/; http://www.bendbulletin.com/localstate/education/4107000-151/rubber-in-artificial-turf-causes-health-concerns; http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/artificial-turf-debate/feds-wont-say-if-artificial-turf-safe-kids-n435731; http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/technology/273927-applauding-agency-action-on-recycled-rubber-and-artificial; and many more.
The STC is also occasionally misquoted in the media: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/laurel/ph-ll-mccullough-field-improvements-1008-20150930-story.html.
STC Certification: This program delivers peace of mind to buyers and end-users of synthetic turf by recognizing qualified companies whose products and/or services come highly recommended by their customers. The Certification program is an exclusive benefit of STC members. The eligibility requirements are listed here: http://www.syntheticturfcouncil.org/page/Certification. The fulfillment of the certification criteria and awarding of their certificate is a newsworthy event for STC Certified Members: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140108006085/en/Aplix-Achieves-Synthetic-Turf-Council-Certification.
- Steps of Faith Foundation- Steps of Faith Foundation is a registered Non-Profit that provides prosthetic limbs for people who are not able to afford them. Links that mention Steps of Faith are included below: http://www.stepsoffaithfoundation.org/ -- http://givingmatters.guidestar.org/nonprofit.aspx?orgId=1147467 -- http://1043myfm.iheart.com/onair/my-la-your-community-on-my-47118/327steps-of-faith-foundation-moving-amputees-14526224/ -- https://nashvillebynicole.com/2015/11/25/steps-of-faith-foundation/ -- http://www.etonline.com/news/141250_Wynonna_Judd_Praises_Husband_s_Positivity_despite_Motorcycle_Accident/ -- http://www.musictimes.com/articles/4301/20140219/wynonna-performing-benefit-steps-of-faith-foundation.htm -- http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/back-to-rockville/article38094249.html -- https://doterra.com/US/en/about/caring-steps-of-faith
- tnAchieves (tnAchieves is the partnering non-profit to Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam's Tennessee Promise scholarship program. The organization provides the administration of the program which offers students the opportunity to attend two years of community or technical college free of tuition and mandatory fees. Students must contribute community service hours and participate in the mentoring program to be eligible.) (https://tnachieves.org/about-us/)(http://tnpromise.gov/)(http://www.chalkbeat.org/posts/tn/2017/01/12/for-tennessee-high-school-students-free-community-college-isnt-about-the-money-its-about-the-branding)(http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/education/2016/11/02/tennessee-promise-sets-application-record-again/93184198/) (http://wreg.com/2016/11/03/record-number-of-students-take-advantage-of-tn-promise/) (http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/education/2015/12/26/excitement-angst-remain-tennessee-promise/77381590/)
Tackle Kids Cancer - (Tackle Kids Cancer raises funds to benefit essential clinical care, unique support services and groundbreaking cancer research needed to find a cure at the Children’s Cancer Institute at HackensackUMC. Founded in September 2015 in partnership with New York Giants and Eli Manning, Tackle Kids Cancer has raised over $3 million to date. In addition, Tackle Kids Cancer has partnerships with New York Red Bulls, PGA Tour, Modell's Sporting Goods, New York Knicks, New York Liberty, Madison Square Garden, and PepsiCo) Site [www.TackleKidsCancer.org] Sources       
- [ [Tapestries of Life Ministries] ] - (Tapestries of Life is a Non-Profit 501(c)(3) public Ministry based both in the United States and as "Tapestries de Mexico in Chihuahua, Mexico as an international Orphanage and Adoption Agency exclusively for charitable purposes. (http://www.tapestriesoflife.com) Tapestries of Life (TLM) considers the Christian Mandate to take care of widows and orphans very seriously and in order to do this TLM has focused on 2 specific tasks. Firstly Steve & Cathy Brewer have envisioned and created an orphanage in Guadalupe Mexico, the largest such creation in all of Latin America. Much needs to be done in order to complete this endeavor, however when completed this orphanage will house over 400 children and the Government of Mexico has promised to fill it when it's doors finally open. This orphanage is being built with the proceeds of churches in the United States and around the World on 27 acres of property that was donated to Tapestries of Life. They have named this orphanage "Casa de las Gemas"--House of Gems. It includes, among other buildings, a two-story dormitory in the shape of a cross which will house 400 of the 7000 children so desperately needing such a facility in the area. The orphanage also contains a Clinic, a cafeteria, housing for staff, a warehouse for storage, and very importantly an elementary school.)
Some References concerning Tapestries of Life Ministries:
Listing of Orphanages at Orphanage.org,
(Aerial View of Orphanage with Google Maps)
April 2003 Mission Trip to Guadalupe, Mexico by a group from Wyoming Methodist Church)
(Tapestries of Life Local Newscast on ABC-KVIA Channel 7)
Interview of Steven Brewer, Founder and director of Tapestris of Life, 2014, Borderzine.com(c))
(Tapestries of Life YouTube Channel),
(Tapestries of Life Page @ MissionFinder)
Tapestries of Life Ministries in Fabens, Texas information at NonProfitFacts.com)
- Teachers Health Fund - Teachers Health Fund is a not-for-profit private health fund.. Contact centre: 1300 728 588.  Headquarters: Sydney, Australia.  CEO: Brad Joyce.  Founded: 1954.
- Team Challenge - Team Challenge is the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America’s (CCFA) endurance training and fundraising program, which has grown to become the second largest such organization in the US, raising more than $50 million since its inception in 2007 . Through Team Challenge, participants run or walk a half marathon (13.1 miles), train for a cycling event, or experience a sprint triathlon while simultaneously helping to find a cure for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis—two chronic and often debilitating digestive diseases that impact over 1.4 million Americans  
- TerraGraphics International Foundation (TerraGraphics International Foundation (TIFO) is a 501c3 organization specializing in human health risks associated with environmental contaminants. Founded in 2013, the organization uses proven models developed over decades of work at US sites and applies proven methodologies to sites around the world. Much of the organization's work has been in Nigeria, addressing the worst outbreak of lead poisoning in modern history.) (http://www.gcint.org/terragraphics-what-the-recognition-means/ , http://www.aspph.org/event/columbia-23rd-annual-granville-h-sewell-lecture-in-environmental-health-sciences/ , http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/08/05/doctors-treat-more-than-1000-children-for-lead-poisoning-in-african-village.html , https://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2013MED/webprogram/Paper222398.html , http://www.msf-me.org/en/news/news-media/news-press-releases/msf-welcomes-news-that-remediation-work-in-bagega-has-begun.html , http://www.denverpost.com/2013/08/03/doctors-can-finally-begin-to-treat-1000-lead-poisoned-kids-in-nigeria/ , http://www.msf.ca/en/article/remediation-work-begun-village-children-affected-lead-poisoning , https://www.yahoo.com/news/nigeria-doctors-treat-lead-poisoned-children-100739575.html?ref=gs ]
- Texas Home School Coalition (Texas Home School Coalition is the authority in Texas on home schooling. The coalition of three organizations impacts the lives of more than 100,000 home schooling families in Texas. Since 1986, THSC has been working to secure and maintain the liberties of Texas families through advocacy and service as well as influencing the political processes that determines law and policy relative to home schooling families and parental rights in Texas.)         
- The Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation - The Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation is dedicated to funding basic science research to find answers that will lead to the prevention, clinical treatment programs and a potential cure for Neuromyelitis Optica (NMO) Spectrum Disease. 
- The International Legal Foundation (ILF) - "Created in 2001, the ILF is an international nongovernmental organization that assists post-conflict and transitional countries in establishing public defender systems that provide effective, quality criminal defense services for the poor. It is guided by two fundamental principles: that laws must be drafted with an appreciation of the cultural realities of the country in which they will function; and that defense lawyers—as guardians of due process—are indispensable to any fair system of justice and must be provided to anyone accused of a crime. In 2003, the ILF opened Afghanistan’s first independent public defender office in Kabul, and has since established public defender offices in Nepal and the West Bank."   Mentions:   
- The Nature Trust of British Columbia -The Nature Trust of British Columbia is a leading land conservation organization based in British Columbia, Canada. They acquire ecologically significant land through purchase, donation, covenant and lease. Then they care for this land in order to protect the natural diversity of wildlife and plants, and their critical habitats. 
- The Nordic International Support Foundation (NIS) - The Nordic International Support Foundation (NIS) is a Norwegian-registered non-profit non-governmental organisation engaged in stabilisation and reconciliation initiatives in conflict and post-conflict areas. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, NIS has finalised a project in Sri Lanka and currently implements projects in Somalia, Myanmar, and the Sahel.  Mentions:              
- The Reinvestment Fund - A community investment group that specializes in financing low-wealth neighborhood revitalization in the Mid-Atlantic region 
- The Syria Institute - A non-profit organization founded in 2015 in response to the growing need for informed research and analysis of the situation in Syria. The Syria institute is a registered 501(c)(3) based in Washington, DC. The executive director is Valerie Szybala. This organization is also involved in the Siege Watch project, which is a joint initiative with "PAX for Peace", a Dutch humanitarian aid organization, to publish quarterly reports on the besieged communities of Syria, presently affected by the war.
- Thirst Relief International - A non-profit organization founded in 2005 dedicated to providing water to 9 countries throughout the world, so far impacting over 200,000 lives.  mentions: 
- Three Rings (UK-based website) A non-profit online company providing rota management and other related online resources to charity helplines in the United Kingdom, mainly for Samaritans branches and Nightline organisations. Three Rings is run by volunteers who previously volunteered for Nightlines and/or Samaritans, or still do. 
- Through the Heart - The mission of Through the Heart is to educate and support anyone who is experiencing a pregnancy loss either directly or indirectly. Through the Heart is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.  
- Tinogona "It is achievable", organization founded by Tererai Trent, also a consulting organization.
- Triblox nonprofit Game Studios - Created in 2007 by Voho. Currently working on Halo: Out With a Whimper,  mentions: 
- Tobacco Free CA - near as I can tell, this is some sort of organization dedicated to banning smoking in the state of California. There doesn't seem to be any information about them on the web, but their sponsored TV adds are ubiquitous in California.
- Tony Blair Africa Governance Initiative - a UK charity which works with African leaders and their governments on public service delivery,currently in Sierra Leone, Rwanda and Liberia  mentions: 
- Top Employers Institute - The Top Employers Institute globally certifies excellence in the conditions that employers create for their people. Optimal employee conditions ensure that people develop themselves personally and professionally. This in turn enables companies to grow and to develop, always. Website.
- TransCelerate BioPharma Inc. - was launched in 2012 by several pharma companies to simplify and enhance the research and development of new medicines. Through several initiatives that develop practical solutions to overcome inefficiencies in clinical trials and are drawn from the combined expertise of member organizations and industry collaborators.  Mentions: , , 
- Tree Angels for Haiti - Nonprofit started in 2011 focusing on deforestation in Haiti. Incorportated in the state of Virgina, USA. Sandra Romulus is Founder and Executive Director. Current focus is planting and distributing trees around the Leogane region. Site:  Mentions: 
- Truth About Money - Truth About Money provides financial education courses, debt management and estate planning services to successful online applicants. Through these courses and services, as well as the online blog and tools section, Truth About Money strives to help South Africans take control of their finances and make informed financial decisions that can change their lives, one step at a time. Truth About Money is a 1Life initiative. http://www.truthaboutmoney.co.za/about/
- TurboVote - a tech start-up that allows people to fill out voter registration forms online and get subscribed to text and email reminders about upcoming elections. TurboVote has already helped more than 200,000 people register to vote and has been written about by the New York Times, the Journal of Higher Education, and other publications. Mentions: 
- Total Child Development, part of TCD Kids Foundation, a non-profit that provides tutoring, mentoring, service learning, and community awareness events for kids. ,
- UCare - UCare is an independent, nonprofit health plan providing health coverage and services to more than 500,000 members in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. UCare serves more people from diverse cultures and more people with disabilities enrolled in Medical Assistance than any other health plan in Minnesota. Working in partnership with health care providers and community organizations, UCare serves:
Individuals and families choosing health coverage through MNsure, the new insurance marketplace Medicare-eligible individuals Individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance Adults with disabilities
Was among the first Minnesota health plans to offer coverage through MNsure. Has the fourth-largest health plan enrollment in Minnesota, serving more than 500,000 members across Minnesota and 26 counties in western Wisconsin. Provides health coverage to nearly 100,000 Medicare-eligible individuals through its Medicare health plans and 10,000 Minnesotans enrolled in individual and family UCare Choices plans. Provides health coverage to more than 300,000 individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and has the largest and most diverse Prepaid Medical Assistance Program membership of any health plan in Minnesota. Works with thousands of health care providers across Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Members have access to more than 43,000 physicians at thousands of locations. Was the first health plan in Minnesota to own and operate a mobile dental clinic. Was the first health plan in Minnesota to offer health care programs for people with disabilities, and currently serves the most members with disabilities of any health plan in Minnesota. Was created in 1984 by the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health at the University of Minnesota Medical School. Today, UCare is an independent, nonprofit organization offering health coverage plans in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Offers a 4.5 Medicare Star plan, UCare for Seniors, with a satisfaction score (Consumer Assessment of Health Care Providers and Systems) higher than the national and state average. Is led by Jim Eppel, President and Chief Executive Officer, who brings several decades of health care experience and executive leadership to his role. Is a 2015 Star Tribune Top 150 Workplace.
- UNAA - Founded in 1988, the Uganda North American Association (UNAA) is the oldest and largest formal association of Ugandans in the Diaspora; holding an Annual Convention and Trade Expo each labor day weekend in different North American cities. The 27th Annual UNAA Convention and Trade Expo will be held in New Orleans, LA. UNAA serves as the umbrella association that houses all Ugandans regardless their background, creed, tribe and/or social status tracing its origins to the Thanksgiving weekend of 1988 in the suburbs of Atlanta, GA. The objectives of the organization are to "Promote the Social, Cultural and Economic Development of the Ugandan Community in North America and beyond." The Ugandan Community in North America numbers over 120,000 individuals. Official site: . Mentions: , , , , , , 
- Undersea Voyager Project – A nonprofit that focuses on ocean science, research, exploration and education http://www.underseavoyagerproject.org *Request for a page to be made.
- Unyts - A non-profit organization headquartered in Buffalo and serving Western New York. Founded in 1981, Unyts (formerly known as Upstate New York Transplant Services) is the federal and state authorized organ, eye and tissue procurement organization for Alleghany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming counties. Unyts Community Blood Service began in 2007 at the request of local hospitals. It is the primary supplier of blood products to Kaleida Health, ECMC and all hospitals in Niagara and Wyoming counties. Official site: . Mentions: , , 
- United Neighborhood Houses - United Neighborhood Houses of New York (UNH) is a 501(c) nonprofit membership organization of 38 independent community centers and settlement houses in New York City. Rooted in the history and values of the settlement house movement, UNH provides a collective voice for member agencies, performing advocacy to support policies and funding as well as participating in collaborations to benefit the settlement houses in the areas of children, youth, adult literacy and immigrant services, older adults, housing stability, and healthy food. UNH was founded in 1919 and Martin Luther King, Jr., addressed the organization in 1966. UNH is already mentioned in the Wikipedia articles for Settlement Houses  and several of our member agencies. [disclaimer: I am a UNH employee] Official site: . Third-party sources: WNYC story on UNH annual fall conference, 1966 , Text of MLK Jr.’s speech to UNH 1966, , Spearheads for Reform, The Social Settlements and the Progressive Movement 1890-1914 (book, pg 239), by Allen F. Davis. Articles: New York Times , New York Daily News, 2015 , Quoted in a press release issued by Mayor de Blasio , New York Post, 2014 , Newsday 2014 ,Daily News 2013 .
- Urban Uprising is a not-for-profit organisation that funds climbing programmes for at risk young people in Brazil and Scotland . It was originally founded in August 2013  by Stuart Green, Tom Ray and Matt Ray to provide funding for Centro de Escalada Urbana (in English, Urban Climbing Centre) a grass roots climbing programme for disadvantaged youths from Rio de Janeiro's Rochina favela . In 2016 Urban Uprising co-funded the build of an indoor climbing wall in Rochina . Due to significant interest for this programme in the UK the first Scottish project was launched in Feb 2016 in Glasgow with support from The Climbing Academy Glasgow . The next Scottish project is due to be launched in Edinburgh in 2017. The charity has support in the form of Ambassadors from some of the UK's top climbers , including Dave Macleod  , Natalie Berry  , James Pearson   and Robbie Phillips   to name a few. In the UK so far the charity has delivered climbing taster sessions to 60 young people and have taken 14 young people through a 6 week climbing development programme where they got the chance to achieve a NIBAS award . *Request for a page to be made.
- Venture for America - non-profit organization that places college graduates in start-ups, generally in struggling cities - http://ventureforamerica.org/
- Verbattle Foundation - non-profit organization that promotes democratic values and culture of debates and leadership. The organisation is based out of bengaluru, India and has operations in many countries through its partners and associates. Verbattle's internationally acclaimed debate format is the only unique format from the developing world. - http://verbattle.com/
- Virtual Enterprises International - Also referred to as (VEI), is a non-profit organization which runs an in-school entrepreneurship and global business program preparing students for college and career through hands-on, workplace simulations. The program got its start in 1994 when the New York City Department of Education implemented "Virtual Enterprises" in seven New York City public high schools. Virtual Enterprises International, Inc. was formed in 2011 to support and guide the growth of this program, which is now in 500 secondary and post-secondary schools across America, serving over 10,000 students annually. 
- Virginia Mason Institute - healthcare training, education. 
- VOKI INTERNATIONAL - child relief organisation with projects in India, Nepal, Switzerland, Thailand.  -  -  -  - . External links:  (German link) -  re-tweet of VOKI INTERNATIONAL -  CEO of organisation -  Acknowledged and taxdeductable in Switzerland -  -  other references. video clip of the organization.  - Press-report on Project VOKI India , ,  - Press-report on VOKI INTERNATIONAL  - Radio-News-report on VOKI INTERNATIONAL  - Report's on WorldNews , , 
- Vibe 107.6FM - Also referred to as Vibe 107.6, is a licensed non-profit community radio station based in Watford, Hertfordshire. Music selection includes contemporary music ranging from chart and indie to hip hop and R&B, old skool and pop, with features on local unsigned bands. Music is broadcasted to Watford and its surrounding areas, such as Hemel, Harpenden, St Albans. It was launched in August 2011, and works closely with community businesses to promote the work of local people. , , , , 
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) Riders' Union A public transit riders' union based in Washington, DC that models other riders' unions in The United States. Founded in September 2015. .
- Warm Cookies of the Revolution A Denver, Colorado-based 501c3 organization and self-proclaimed "civic health club" that works to engage everyday citizens in their local civic, political, and cultural lives by creating and hosting events using award-winning comedy, theater, and irreverent show and tell . And they always have cookies and milk at their events!
- Washington Humane Society A non-profit organisation chartered by the U.S. Congress 
- War Writers' Campaign, Inc. http://www.warwriterscampaign.org Mission: To promote social change surrounding veteran’s issues through written awareness.
- WCF "World Cat Federation" - http://www.wcf-online.de/WCF-EN/index.html - An international federation of cat registries.
- William G. McGowan Charitable Fund - William G. McGowan Charitable Fund Inc. is a not-for-profit foundation with over $145 million in assets under management. The foundation focuses its grants on scholastic assistance to students and medical research. It was established in 1992 and is based in Washington, District of Columbia. Third party:  
- William O. Douglas Trail Foundation A non-profit founded in 2005 with the mission of establishing the William O. Douglas Trail as "a statewide significant heritage trail that links the City of Yakima to Mount Rainier."  mentions: 
- Window Coverings Association of America -
- We Love Reading Non-Profit Organization located in Amman, Jordan, founded in 2006 by Dr. Rana Dajani. An NGO about fostering a love of reading in children around the world, and especially the Middle East where such a culture is lacking, through promoting reading aloud to children and creating libraries in neighborhoods around the country and the region. The NGO has workshops and training programs teaching people to read aloud to children and having reading sessions with children, creating a self sustainable community of readers and people who love books. They publish and distribute children's books aimed at enhancing environmental consciousness and empathy in children. They organize reading sessions and set up libraries in neighborhoods as well as refugee camps around the country. The NGO and the idea has spread to many countries in the Middle East as well as other areas, such as Europe, Africa, North America and Southeast Asia. We Love Reading has been nominated as a finalist for the WISE award for supporting the development and replication of cutting-edge practices. The founder, Dr. Rana Dajani, has been ranked 13 in CEO Middle East Magazine's list of 100 most powerful Arab women and named one of the most influential women scientists of the Islamic world in 2014 by UK based Muslim Science magazine. She was also awarded the 2009 Arab World Social Innovator award by Synegros for the project We Love Reading, and nominated as one of Ahel Al-Himmeh (an initiative by Queen Rania of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan to recognize individuals who do volunteer work for the Jordanian community).          
- Whangarei Growers Market A Growers Market formed in 1998 which is the largest and oldest market of its kind in New Zealand and which came about as a direct result of the supermarket duopoly causing the auction system to fail. Radio New Zealand report, The Social and Economic Impact of Whangarei Growers Market, Whangarei Growers Market to supply produce to Auckland, [TVNZ Country Calendar episode|http://tvnz.co.nz/country-calendar/episode-23-growing-strong-3642619], Transition Towns - Whangarei Growers Market talk, Grower, Sep 2002; v.57 n.8:p.10-12; issn:1175-2742, Lifestyle farmer, Nov/Dec 2003; v.4 n.5:p.24-27; issn:1175-3390, North and South (Online), Oct 2009; n.283:p.58-65; issn:0112-9023, Tree cropper, Jun 2015; n.82:p.30-40; issn:1173-3292New Zealand Growing Today, Jul 2001; v.15 n.7:p.38-41; issn:1171-7033
- Western Federal Credit Union "Western is classified as a multiple common bond, primarily transportation equipment credit union. Western Federal Credit Union is now [Unify Financial Federal Credit Union].
- Woloso "World Lottery for Social Development" - http://www.woloso.com - A non-profit organization located in Quebec promoting life before profit.
- WordTheatre - Literary L.A.-based nonprofit that brings actors to perform short stories to promote various charities - mentions: , , , 
- World Book Night U.S. - Inspired by the U.K. organization, World Book Night U.S. is a non-profit organization where Givers give half a million free World Book Night paperbacks to light and non-readers on April 23 (also known as World Book Day). http://www.us.worldbooknight.org/
- World Energy Forum - A non-profit organization that actively facilitate strategic relationships, opportunities, and translates ideas into a global marketplace. The organization was founded in 2008 by Dr. Harold HyunSuk Oh with a mission to provide energy and water for all and to promote clean and safe energy and sustainable development across the globe. The organization has many reputable sources and is notable. The article has previously existed but was bias. A proper article for this organization should be created. http://www.worldenergyforum.com/ Source 1 source 2Source 3 Source 4 source 5 video 1video 2video 3 ]
- World Leisure Organization (WLO) - A worldwide, non-governmental association of persons and organizations dedicated to discovering and fostering the conditions that best permit leisure to serve as a force for human growth, development and wellbeing. The organization was incorporated in 1956 in New York City. It is the belief of the World Leisure Organization that well selected leisure experiences improve one's quality of life. The World Leisure Organization works toward its mission by hosting forums and events that allow for the formal and informal dissemination of knowledge and information; engaging in informed advocacy surrounding conditions that optimize leisure experiences in regards to legislation, infrastructure, leadership and programming; and fostering inquiry through research and scholarship to allow for the discovery of personal and social potentialities of leisure experiences. Today, the organization hosts numerous events throughout the world that aim to advocate for and educate on the importance of leisure in communities while also highlighting places that have elevated leisure to a prominent standing. The World Leisure Organization includes a membership and is governed by a Board of Directors with guidance from an Executive Committee.  
- World Government Summit - The World Government Summit is an organization that serves as a platform for global dialogue attempting to revolutionize how governments operate and how policies are made. Each year, government officials, thought leaders, policy makers and private sector leaders meet to explore the future of governments in the coming decades. 
- World Public Forum - international nongovernmental European-based organization which supports and develops dialogue among civilizations since 2003 
- Women’s Rehabilitation Centre (WOREC) A non-profit organization working in Nepal, founded by Women Right Activists in 1991 in order to address the issue of human trafficking. Its actively engaged in the promotion and protection of human rights, campaigning on violence against women and trafficking of women as well as economic social and cultural rights (ESCR).
- Women's Enterprise Initiative (WEI) - A non-profit initiative established by Western Economic Diversification Canada to help women in Western Canada successfully start, grow and operate their businesses. The WEI is comprised of centres in the four western provinces: Women's Enterprise Centre of BC, Alberta Women Entrepreneurs, Women Entrepreneurs of Saskatchewan, and Women's Enterprise Centre of Manitoba. In addition to providing three core services: business financing, training and advising, the centres also provide networking opportunities, coaching and mentoring to support women at various business stages.      
- Williamsburg Health Foundation - A non-profit 501(c)(3) private foundation that promotes health and mobilizes resources in the greater Williamsburg, Virginia community. Previously named the Williamsburg Community Health Foundation, est. 1996. 
- YouCaring.com - Free Online fundraising website for adoptions, medical expenses, tuition, and mission trips. Lebanon Express YouCaring article. Killer Startups
- Young Americans Center for Financial Education - mentions: 
- Young Entrepreneurs Business Week (YEBW) - Non-profit organization that provides week-long business, financial literacy, and career-prep camps for high school students at college campuses in Oregon. - mentions: 
- Young Mariners of New Zealand - A non-profit youth organisation similar in some ways to the New Zealand Sea Scouts, that fosters mental, spiritual and physical development of young women through sailing, rowing, camping and other leadership and team building activities. Based throughout the Upper North Island of New Zealand. Mentions:
- Youssef Bey Karam Foundation Private, charitable and non-profit foundation, which seeks to spread the history of the Lebanese hero Youssef Bey Karam.
- Yes We Code - An initiative to teach programming to low-opportunity youth, powered by Van Jones' Rebuild the Dream fund. 
- Year Up - A national non-profit organization that provides a one-year professional training program for urban young adults aged 18-24. References: 
- YMCA Scotland - National Council of YMCA's in Scotland (The YMCA (Young Men’s Christian Association) is one of the biggest youth organisations in the world. Founded in 1844, YMCA operates today in 119 countries working with 58 million people.
Across the world, YMCA works to bring social justice and peace to young people and their communities, regardless of religion, race, gender or culture.
In Scotland the YMCA operates in over 100 local communities through 32 local YMCA organisations working with the most vulnerable children, young people and families. Often based in the heart of a community, YMCA supports young people to achieve their fullest potential.) (https://www.ymcascotland.org/about-us/)
- ZOE International - A 501(c)3 organization that rescues children from human trafficking & cares for orphans. They use a three tier method of intervention, prevention, and aftercare.
- ~~~~ |🇺🇸 here©
- "About Us - American Media Institute". American Media Institute. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- "Investigations - American Media Institute". American Media Institute. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- Davies, Sally (9 May 2014). Financial Times https://www.ft.com/content/0bef5d18-d755-11e3-a47c-00144feabdc0. Retrieved 5 October 2016. Missing or empty