Wikipedia:Requested articles/Business and economics/Organizations
This page is for requests for new articles about non-profit Organizations, Charities, and Trade Groups.
|Add your request in the most appropriate place below.|
Before adding a request please:
Also, when adding a request, please include as much information as possible (such as webpages, articles, or other reference material) so editors can find and distinguish your request from an already-created article.
-From negative to Positive, Saheem Khan turns over a new leaf
Actor Saheem Khan who has been mostly seen in negative roles in his various episodic stints of Crime Patrol and Savdhan India is going for a super image makeover. However this makeover is also laced initially with a negative image as a stalker to finally emerge ‘positive’ for Sony TV’s popular series, Crime Patrol.
In this special episode that will show Saheem in a negative to turn positive role will be aired on 20 and 21st January, and revolves around Saheem’s character who is a stalker. This stalker starts stalking Mansi a beautiful girl whom he sees by the roadside enjoying pani puri with her best friend. Scarred and marred by the incidents, she goes and complaints at the local police station. However, as the stalker continues to stalk her, she goes to stay at an undisclosed location as suggested by the police. But he ends up there too. She’s too scared and worried and rushes to the police station and charges them with being in connivance with the stalker and giving him her details.
The story continues and Mansi realizes that the stalker is a police inspector by the name of Prashant Bhortake. However, Mansi will prove to be a master at the game, and she will tactfully get the inspector suspended from duty, for having stalked her, and for putting a false charge on her. Now she starts playing the game and ends up in Bhortake’s house and challenges him. This will be when the viewers will start wondering what the girl is upto. But with the story progression, her real criminal attitude will come out. It eventually gets revealed that Bhortake was actually stalking the girl Mansi, as he believes she must have apparently killed her husband. The story will then deal with the way in which Prashant will return with full gusto to catch Mansi red-handed as the killer of her husband.
Produced by Purple Canvas Productions, this special episode that will showcase Saheem as an inspector has been directed by Lalit Marathe, who has in the past directed Ram Gopal Verma’s movie Chapri, starring Isha Koppikar. While Saheem is playing Prashant Bhortake, Jia Mustafa of Pavitra Rishta fame is essaying the role of Mansi. On this wonderful opportunity in a positive role, Saheem says: “Yes, this is a big opportunity for me. I have the experience of being part of 56 episodes of Crime Patrol and around 85 episodes of Savdhan India. I have also done two Bollywood movies as lead, but all the roles on TV have been negative. For the first time, I will be playing a cop for Crime Patrol and I am super excited about it. Even my fans will love me in a police avatar and I think the uniform suits me.”
- Center for Regenerative Community Solutions - A 501(c)(3) promoting Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) and other solutions for bringing resources to community regeneration.
- Cadet Advocate General Corps NZ (NZCAG) - A non-profit organisation based on educating people about laws, in a military orientated environment.[www.cagcorps.ml]
- Constitutional Accountability Center (CAC) - A nonprofit law firm and think tank that files progressive briefs for the United States Supreme Court. Its predecessor organization was the Community Rights Council, which has a Wikipedia page: 
References: New Republic article discusses the organization at length:  Legal Times profile of the organization upon founding:  New York Times article focuses on a CAC study:  Wall Street Journal article on the organization:  Organization site: 
- California Lighting Technology Center - A nonprofit research facility affiliated with the University of California, Davis that focuses on energy-efficient lighting and daylighting technologies and controls.
- Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport - The Canadian National Anti-Doping Organization. 
- Canadian Hero Fund - A grassroots registered Canadian Charity that supports military families. http://www.HeroFund.ca
- Canadian Women's Foundation - non-profit organization focusing on preventing violence against women, moving low income women out of poverty and teaching girls self confidence and critical thinking skills http://www.canadianwomen.org
- Cancer Prevention Coalition - 
- Career & College Clubs - non-profit program to help middle school students prepare to succeed in high school, college, and life. [www.careerandcollegeclubs.org]    
- Caring Minds C.I.C. - A Community Interest Company who supports Young People with family mental illness. [www.caringminds.co.uk]
- The Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning The Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning is a 501(c)3 educational nonprofit in Lexington, KY dedicated to literacy and the literary arts. The building was the Lexington Public Library's main branch from 1905 until 1989; it was one of 2,500 public libraries built by Andrew Carnegie between 1883 and 1929. The building reopened as the Carnegie Center in 1992.  In 2013, the Carnegie Center began the Kentucky Writers Hall of Fame, and on January 24, 2013 inducted Harriette Arnow, William Wells Brown, Harry Caudill, Elizabeth Madox Roberts, James Still, and Robert Penn Warren for the inaugural class.  In 2014, they inducted Rebecca Caudill, Thomas D. Clark, Janice Holt Giles, James Baker Hall, Etheridge Knight, Thomas Merton, and Jesse Stuart. In 2015, they inducted Guy Davenport, Elizabeth Hardwick, Jim Wayne Miller, Effie Waller Smith, Hunter S. Thompson, and the first living writer into the Hall of Fame, Wendell Berry.  In 2014, the Carnegie Center won the Kentucky Foundation for Women's award in education for "two decades of activities focused on promoting literacy and literary arts in Kentucky".  In 1993, Phyllis MacAdam started the Carnegie Center's tutoring program, which has since won Lexington Family magazine's award for Favorite Tutoring/Learning Center in 2011, 2012, and 2015. Official Website
- The Center for Gifted Studies Located on the Western Kentucky University campus in Bowling Green, Kentucky, The Center for Gifted Studies has been serving children who are gifted and talented, their educators, and their parents for more than 30 years. The Center provides educational opportunities for gifted young people, professional development for teachers, and support for parents of gifted young people. Under the direction of Dr. Julia Roberts, The Center has become a national advocate for gifted education in the United States. Gifted encyclopedia:  USA Today:  Lane Report:  Bowling Green Daily News:  Organization website:  *Request for a page to be made.
- The Center for Health Affairs A non-profit hospital association in Northeast Ohio dating back to 1916. 
- The Center for Compact and Efficient Fluid Power (A former NSF-funded, non-profit organization that operates as a consortium of university researchers, graduate students, educators and industry volunteers to promote and advance research in the field of fluid power. (http://erc-assoc.org/content/erc-compact-and-efficient-fluid-power) (http://www.mobilehydraulictips.com/10-years-of-the-ccefp/)
- Center for Creative Leadership
- The Center for Leadership Initiatives - A U.S.-based private operating foundation that supports current and emerging leaders in the Jewish non-profit sector.
- Central Africa's Rights & AIDS (CARA) Society - An international non-profit organization promoting justice, health, education and other human rights in Africa and the United Kingdom. http://www.cara-online.org/
- Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology - CAWST - A Canadian charity working in 70+ countries to expand global access to safe drinking water and sanitation by building local knowledge and skills. References: Calgary development model aids Cambodians, July 2014 (http://www.calgaryherald.com/Calgary+development+model+aids+Cambodians/10022377/story.html), Profile of CAWST co-founder Camille Dow Baker (http://www.ffwdweekly.com/life/your-face-here/camille-dow-baker-co-founder-president-and-ceo-of-the-centre-for-affordable-water-and-sanitation-t-8056/), Further history about CAWST (http://www.ucalgary.ca/alumni/stories/dbaker), Narrowing the WASH Capacity Gap, January 2015 (http://washfunders.org/Blog/narrowing-the-wash-capacity-gap), The Case for Tackling the Human Capacity Gap in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, March 2015 (http://www.iwa-network.org/blog2/the-case-for-tackling-the-human-capacity-gap-in-water-sanitation-and-hygiene), Biosand filter Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosand_filter), Camille Dow Baker Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camille_Dow_Baker), "Evaluating the effectiveness of education and training in water and sanitation" (http://www.idrc.ca/EN/Regions/Global/Pages/ResultDetails.Aspx?ResultID=235), "A global review of capacity building organizations in water, sanitation and hygiene for developing countries" (http://wedc.lboro.ac.uk/resources/conference/36/Ngai-1683.pdf)
- Cepmed - Cepmed, the Canadian Centre of Excellence in Personalized Medicine. I am the Director of Business Development at Cepmed. Cepmed is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the science and practice of personalized medicine through research, commercialization and education. Founded through the efforts of the Montreal Heart Institute, Cepmed is a Centre of Excellence for Commercialization and Research (CECR) and supported by the Canadian Government, Genome Quebec as well as private partners including Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Novartis and Merck. http://www.nce-rce.gc.ca/NetworksCentres-CentresReseaux/CECR-CECR/CEPMed-CEMP_eng.asp
- CERN & Society Foundation - The CERN & Society Foundation is an independent non-profit organisation under Swiss private law, pursuing public benefit. The purpose of the Foundation is to support and promote the dissemination, to the widest possible public, of the benefits of the mission of CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, through education and outreach, innovation and knowledge exchange, and culture and arts; and to support and promote any related activities. Within this scope, the Foundation operates nationally and internationally.  
- Champions for America's Future - Champions for America’s Future is a national, bipartisan, membership organization of athletes, coaches and sports administrators who have come together to make sure every child has the best chance to compete in life. The organization educates the public and policymakers at the local, state and national levels about the need to invest in proven, cost-effective programs that help children overcome the obstacles that prevent them from competing successfully in the 21st century. http://www.championsforamericasfuture.org
- Changing Tunes - Changing Tunes is a charity that runs music sessions in 13 prisons throughout the South West of England with the goal of 'reducing reoffending through music'. They also work with prisoners after their release.       
- The Charityboyz - The Charityboyz are a fundraising group based in Derbyshire, England. They take part in many different projects and activities to help raise money for charities and good causes, these are usually local but they often help the larger charities too. The group was created in June 2005 after a calendar which took place at the company where many of them work. This soon took hold and raised £250 each for the Nspcc and Childline, since then they have taken part in 2 more calendars, given out hampers at christmas for the elderly and even started a fundraising football team. Justin Randall and Jonathan Sinclair who started the group have won 2 awards, Community workers of the year and proud to be local award.
- Chelsea Film Festival - NPO in New York City, Chelsea Film Festival is an international film festival dedicated to supporting emerging filmmakers. Give a voice to emerging & independent filmmakers, who make the world a better place through their work of art. First edition from 10/24/2013 to 10/27/2013.      
- Chesapeake Conservancy - A 501(C)3 nonprofit organization based in Annapolis, MD. The Chesapeake Conservancy's mission is to achieve a healthier Chesapeake Bay watershed by connecting people with its wildlife and history; conserving landscapes and rivers; and restoring its natural resources. The Conservancy serves as a catalyst for change, advancing strong public and private partnerships, developing and using new technology, and driving innovation throughout its work. The organization is the primary nonprofit partner to the National Park Service for the Captain John Smith Chesapeake National Historic Trail.   [www.chesapeakeconservancy.org]
- Chestnut Tree House - Chestnut Tree House is the only children's hospice in Sussex and cares for children and young adults from 0-19 years of age with progressive life-limiting and life-threatening illnesses from all over the county. http://www.chestnut-tree-house.org.uk/default.asp?id=1 , http://www.doitforcharity.com/chestnut.aspx
- Child Find of America -Child Find of America, Inc. is a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to the prevention and resolution of child abduction. Founded in 1980 by Gloria Yerkovich, the mother of a missing child. 
- Chinko Project - An NGO for sustainable Nature Management in the Chinko/Mbari Drainage Basin in Central African Republic (CAR) http://chinkoproject.com
- Chinko Project Area - refers to a roughly 18,000 sq km of uninhabited savannah/rainforest mosaic in the Chinko/Mbari Drainage Basin in Central African Republic leased and managed by Chinko Project; see on Google Maps at http://goo.gl/maps/kUXrR
- Children Of Bali - A Charity Supporting Balinese Kids School Education.
- CHIMO Crisis Services - mentions: 
- Choose New Jersey - an independently funded 501(c)(3) nonprofit economic development organization for the state of New Jersey.
- Christopher House Organization - Christopher House provides a family of schools to help low-income children and their families succeed in school, the workplace, and life. Located in Chicago, Illinois.Refs:   
- CIDSE - An international alliance of Catholic development organisations http://cidse.org/content/general-content/who-we-are.html
- The Cinnamon Trust A UK charity for the elderly and their pets. Refs:  (How Much Is) That Doggie in the Window?
- The Clean Energy Trust A Chicago-based non-profit that supports the growth of clean energy innovation in the Midwest through direct investment in early through middle stage companies, commercialization assistance, and a large mentor & partner network. Also Promotes clean energy in general through collaboration projects such as the Clean Jobs Illinois Report. The board is co-directed by Nicholas Pritzker and Michael Polsky. Refs  [www.cleanenergytrust.org]   
- ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions ClearPoint is a national nonprofit and NFCC-accredited credit counseling agency with branch locations in sixteen states. ClearPoint is education-focused, receives funding from a variety of financial institutions and nonprofits, and has received extensive and noteworthy media coverage. The company recently merged with CCCS of Greater Atlanta. Refs               
- Coalition for Science After School - An organization dedicated to the promotion of STEM education in informal learning environments.
- Concordia Greenhouse - The Concordia Greenhouse is a public greenhouse on the rooftop of the downtown Concordia University campus 
- Coimbatore Startups - An open community for technology startups based out of Coimbatore, India. 
- College Bound - An organization that prepares public and public charter school students in the metropolitan D.C. area to enter college, earn a degree, and achieve their personal and professional goals. [http:www.collegebound.org]
- Commonwealth Veterinary Association - I believe it is a non-profit organization. The BBC article mentions this organization, and the organization appears to have this website. It is an organization of veterinarians living in 54 countries.
- Community Development Foundation - London based charity and social enterprise that promotes community development and engagement, both in practice and in principle.   
- Compatible Technology International - a nonprofit that designs and distributes tools in collaboration with small farmers and their communities to improve food and water security. It is a registered 501(c)(3) organization based in Saint Paul, Minnesota, with regional offices in Nicaragua and Senegal. References:       Website: http://www.compatibletechnology.org/
- Connected in Motion - A Canadian-based charity providing peer-support and experiential education to adults living with Type 1 diabetes through outdoor adventure and physical activity pursuits.
- Corporate Research Foundation - crf.com - awards the TOP-Employers of the year title
- Council of Development Finance Agencies - organization representing the interests of the development finance industry with 260 members coming from the pubic, private and non-profit sectors.
- Createquity "A unique virtual think tank exploring the intersection of the arts with a wide range of topics including politics, economics, philanthropy, leadership, research, and urban planning, Createquity is a hub for next-generation ideas on the role of the arts in a creative society." www.createquity.com
- Crime Stoppers PEI - is a Prince Edward Island based non-profit organization, encompassing the community, the media and law enforcement agencies, established to assist in crime prevention and promotion of safer communities.
- CollegeSpring - Each year, CollegeSpring helps thousands of students from low-income backgrounds in CA and NY prepare for the SAT and measurably increase college access. CollegeSpring twice participated in the White House College Opportunity Day of Action and has been recognized in Forbes Magazine's 30 Under 30 - Education list and at the Goldman Sach's Builders + Innovators Conference. 
- Coming Together - Nonprofit publishing label http://www.eroticanthology.com
- Cordell Marine Sanctuary Foundation - is a California based non-profit organization established to support scientific research, marine education, and community connections to the Cordell Bank National Marine Sanctuary. organization page: http://cordellfoundation.org/, recent research supported: http://www.sfbaynerr.org/uploads/files/Proceedings_Final_2011_PDF.pdf, link from the marine sanctuary it supports: http://cordellbank.noaa.gov/involved/welcome.html, Sanctuary Advisory Council minutes noting attendance by Cordell Marine Sanctuary president: http://cordellbank.noaa.gov/council/sacminutes111810.pdf.
- Creative Migration - Non-profit arts organization based in Los Angeles. Focuses on public art, social engagement, and sustainable futures. https://www.creativemigration.org
- Cultural Council of Palm Beach County - The Cultural Council is the official support agency for arts and culture in Palm Beach County serving non-profit organizations, individual artists and arts districts. 
- Cures Without Cages - An animal testing charity that donates money directly to research projects that do not test on animals, thus removing monetary support for animal testing.
- Curry Stone Design Prize - An annual award given to promote and support humanitarian designers.
- Cyprus Space Exploration Organisation - an NGO, established by key international people in industry and academia, and based in Cyprus. It promotes scientific research and development in the field of space exploration, and enhances and actively develops the local space industry, leading to the advancement of high tech industry and collaboration with other space-faring nations in scientific, space and planetary missions 
- DC Labour Rights - A Hong Kong based student run group that aims to improve working conditions
- Detroit Greenways Coalition - a 501c3 non-profit making the city of Detroit a more walkable and bike friendly city. http://detroitgreenways.org
- Development Alternatives - A 30 years old organisation in India working on providing sustainable solutions. More at http://www.devalt.org
- Disaster Recovery Institute International - A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. One of two major business continuity management certification bodies in the world. Website: http://www.drii.org
-  - Wikipedia article on DRI International's most prominent certification.
- Doris Duke Artist Awards - annual award of $275,000 for artists in Dance, Theater and Jazz funded by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation. More at: http://ddpaa.org. Also see: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304299304577349910365901358.html, http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may/01/entertainment/la-et-cm-doris-duke-performing-artist-awards-20130430, http://creative-capital.org/news_items/view/461, http://foundationcenter.org/pnd/news/story.jhtml?id=377100011
- Education Development Center [] [EDC is a nonprofit research and development organization based in Waltham, Massachusetts with main offices in Washington, D.C., New York City, Chicago, and other locations. EDC has 1,400 employees who develop programs in education, health, and international development. EDC’s landmark programs include the social science curricula Man: A Course of Study (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man:_A_Course_of_Study). EDC was founded by Jerrold Zacharias (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerrold_R._Zacharias) who started the Physical Science Study Committee (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Science_Study_Committee) which is credited with changing physics education in the United States.
- Eco-Club, Aligarh Muslim University-   A non profit body engaged in the environmental protection based at Aigarh
- East Africa Mission Orphanage - Vegetarian orphanage in East Africa run by volunteers, looking after orphans with HIV/AIDS
- Elder Financial Protection Network - A non profit Organization based in San Francisco that is the primary provider of elder financial protective services in California.
- Eco-Cycle -  One of the largest non-profit recyclers in the US with an international reputation as a pioneer and innovator in resource conservation; servicing Boulder County, CO since 1976.
- E-Collaborative for Civic Education - Non-profit organization based in Bethesda, Maryland which created the Tavaana: E-Learning Institute for Iranian Civil Society. It has a "mission to leverage technology to promote civic learning and democratic political life internationally."
- Economic Research Council -  Britain's oldest Economics-based think tank and a registered charity with a focus on supporting education in Economics.
- EcoWatch -  a nonprofit with the mission to "unite the voice of the grassroots environmental movement and mobilize millions of people to engage in democracy to protect human health and the environment", news-service 
- Edinburgh City Centre Churches Together also known as ECCCT and TOGETHER a local ecumenical partnership of 3 churches in Central Edinburgh, working on a number of outreach projects.Refs:
- East-West Institute 
- eLearning Network also known as the eLN, a Community Interest Company (not for profit) with a focus on the best practice use of eLearning in Business and campaigning against ineffective eLearning. .See:
- Elemental Impact also known as Ei, is a national nonprofit located in Atlanta, Georgia dedicated to bringing sustainable operating practices to the corporate community. See: 
- Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity, Inc. - Elie Wiesel and his wife, Marion, established The Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity soon after he was awarded the 1986 Nobel Prize for Peace. The Foundation's mission, rooted in the memory of the Holocaust, is to combat indifference, intolerance and injustice through international dialogue and youth-focused programs that promote acceptance, understanding and equality. Organization's website is available at http://www.eliewieselfoundation.org
- Ethics & Compliance Officer Association (ECOA) - A non-profit, member-driven association exclusively for individuals responsible for their organization's ethics, compliance, and business conduct programs. mentions: 
- Episcopal Charities of New York - Episcopal Charities serves as the outreach arm of the Episcopal Diocese of New York. Our mission is to help parish-based programs provide assistance and opportunities to children and adults in need. Website: http://episcopalcharities-newyork.org
- Equal Payback Project - The Equal Payback Project is a TILT (The National Women’s Law Center) campaign to raise funds to fight for "equal pay through legislation, education and advocacy." (see http://www.equalpaybackproject.com/) American comedian and author Sarah Silverman has made a video for the project stating that due to the gender wage gap (and the gender wage gap for women of color), she is going to undergo the medical procedures to become a man (http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/sarah-silverman-equal-pay-wage-gap-video?cid=sm_m_main_1_20141008_33120886).
- END IT Movement A movement started through Passion International to help spread awareness about modern day slavery. This organization is the mediator between the people who want to donate money and learn more about slavery and the organizations that need the money to keep doing their work to end modern day slavery. Their main goal is to just spread awareness right now. Awareness that slavery DOES still exist and that is still a huge problem. In fact, bigger than it ever was before. http://enditmovement.com/ https://www.facebook.com/EndItMovementUnofficial https://twitter.com/enditmovement
- EyePAT - A Community Interest Company based in the UK that offers training in Internet Safety and Anti-bullying.
- Esperanza International - A Christian non-profit that serves people in poverty in the Dominican Republic and Haiti through microfinance intitiatives and complementary services. Esperanza serves over 13,000 people, has disbursed over $60 million USD in loans since 1995, and has an active portfolio of $3.49 million . The organization was founded by former MLB player Dave Valle . It is headquartered in Santo Domingo, has nine branch offices around the Dominican Republic and one in Haiti, and has offices in Dallas, Texas and Seattle, Washington. Esperanza's mission is "to free children and their families from poverty through initiatives that generate income, education, and health, restoring self-worth and dignity to those who have lost hope." Approximately 87% of all of Esperanza's associates, those that receives microcredit loans, are women. Esperanza emphasizes an integrated approach that includes small loans through a group-loan model, and educational services teaching classes on business, health, and savings. In addition to services for the group loans, Esperanza provides loans that help with school construction and clean water projects in the Dominican Republic. Esperanza also partners with Kiva International  , Hope International  , MLB Player's Trust , Reily Brothers Real Estate , The Hersh Foundation , Crown Council .
- Fairbanks Light Opera Theater - (FLOT) is Interior Alaska's premiere community theater production company, as well as a 501c(3) nonprofit arts organization established in 1970. [www.flot.org]
- Family Promise - a national nonprofit that mobilizes communities to help homeless and low-income families achieve financial independence. 
- Find My Recycler -  A free to use United Kingdom based worldwide website recycler & refurbisher search service initiated and sponsored by Allsorts of Deeside, UK. Find My Recycler enables individuals and businesses to search for a recycler of the items they need to dispose of, in a manner befitting the needs of a person or entity that is concerned with green issues and the environment.
- Fire Museum of Maryland - 3rd largest Fire Museum in the world, located in Lutherville, Maryland 
- Fiscal Sponsorship
- Fisher Center for Alzheimer’s Research Foundation - a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 1995 to fund Alzheimer’s research, awareness and education.      /spotlight.jhtml;jsessionid=ENIIHJJESJERTLAQBQ4CGXD5AAAACI2F?id=273900022]
- FLMK A non-profit job vacancy services that you can found at FLMK and Lowongan Kerja
- Florida Marine Research -
- Florida Keys Forever - a national non-profit organization that focuses on protecting, preserving and promoting the Florida Keys and Key West. Organization's website is available at http://www.floridakeysforever.org
- Fondazione Bruno Keseler - A research organization that is dedicated to keep the province of Trento (Italy) in the mainstream of European and international research. 
- Food Export USA-Northeast - A private, non-profit association that offers services to help U.S. companies promote their Northeastern food and agricultural products in foreign markets.  A draft was written at User:JasmineDScott.
- FoodPool - Gardeners helping people in need - A not-for-profit organization (currently unincorporated) promoting the formation of neighborhood groups to collect backyard garden produce for donation to local food banks, food pantries, and other centers that distribute food to people in need.  mentions: 
- Forever Manchester - A non-profit organization that is dedicated to raising, managing and distributing money to support local people and groups trying to make a positive change in neighbourhoods throughout Greater Manchester. Organization's website is available at http://forevermanchester.com/
- The Francis E Low Foundation A non-profit dedicated to funding research into renewable energy
- The Free Network Foundation Vuilders and advocates of distributed and decentralized communication systems
- FreePoverty – a website/organization that donates water to those in need
- Friends Health Connection - A non-profit website focused on 'support and education' for members with illnesses. This includes lectures, conferences, workshops, and a social networking site. Named the 268th Daily Point of Light by former President Bush.
- The Friends of Israel - A non-profit organization dedicated to the witness of the Messiah to the nation to which he first came and to the fostering of solidarity with the Jewish people. 
- Friends of the River - A non-profit river conservation organization founded in 1973 by conservation advocates in California.
- Full Gospel Evangelistic Association - Ministry for training, licensing and ordaining Christian Ministers.
- The GardenWorks Project - The GardenWorks Project is 501(c)(3) registered volunteer-led nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing food insecurity in Chicago’s west suburbs by providing families in need of food assistance with home vegetable gardens and educational resources. We help families who would otherwise be unable to grow their own food because of financial need, disability, or advanced age. URL for organization's website: www.gardenworksproject.org. URLs for news stories: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130619/news/706199999/, http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2013/05/20/local-groups-provide-fresh-vegetables-to-glen-ellyn-food-pantry/as47y7k/, http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2013/01/10/glen-ellyn-landscape-designer-provides-vegetable-gardens-to-families-in-need/aupx2he/
- Gateway to College National Network - Gateway to College National Network is a nonprofit that builds the capacity of colleges, school districts, and states to revolutionize education for high school dropouts and underprepared college students so that all young people can achieve college credentials. Through the Gateway to College program, students complete their high school diploma requirements at community and technical colleges while simultaneously earning college credits toward an associate’s degree or certificate. Young people who had little chance of graduating from high school are achieving post-secondary success. Over the past 10 years GtCNN has expanded and currently supports 42 programs across the US. URL for organization's website: http://http://www.gatewaytocollege.org. URLs for news stories: http://www.heraldnews.com/x369948822/COMMUNITY-VOICES-Pathways-to-success-A-second-chance-for-at-risk-students?zc_p=1 https://tippingpoint.org/uploads/gateway_to_college.pdf, and http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/20131210_Grant_will_aid_college_program_aimed_to_help_at-risk_high_school_students.html.
- Gamemasons Society A society of game designers.
- The Generation Project - An educational philanthropy that allows donors to uniquely fund educational opportunities for low income K-12 students.
- Georgia Center for Oncology Research and Education Here is a link to a draft that can be used to develop the Georgia CORE entry.
- GivingBackLife - An NGO with a vision of China void of the most terrible poverty of all -- loneliness and the feeling of being unloved. Mission is using giftings in medicine and education as tools for serving marginalized men, women, and especially children, providing eternal hope for a brighter future. URL for organization's website: http://www.GivingBackLife.org
- Greater Colombian Merchant Fleet- (founded in 1946 between the governments of Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela) -
- Green Street Arts Center - Arts center affiliated with Wesleyan University committed to transforming lives through art. GSAC awards many scholarships which are funded through benefits with performances by notable Wesleyan alumni such as Dar Williams and Tierney Sutton.
- Global MapAid - is an NGO that makes maps to easily illustrate solutions to unemployment poverty, to keep Leaders informed. Desmond Tutu is Patron. More information: , , 
- Global Community Service Foundation - An NGO focusing on eradicating poverty in South East Asia. vietnamenews, vietnamnet, , , 
- Global Development Research Center The Global Development Research Center is an independent nonprofit think tank that carries out initiatives in the spheres of environment, urban, community, economy and information, and at scales that are effective. 
- Graduate Student Society of UBC Vancouver The representative body for graduate students at the University of British Columbia (Vancouver)
- Great Barrier Reef Foundation is an NGO that identifies, shapes, funds and oversees research that will underpin the protection and preservation of coral reefs, particularly the Great Barrier Reef.
- Group For Buddies - Group For Buddies is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Group For Buddies to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, post links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet. To Know more visit www.GroupForBuddies.com
- Girl Develop It http://www.girldevelopit.com/about Girl Develop It is an international organization, that exists to provide affordable and accessible programs to women who want to learn software development through mentorship and hands-on instruction.
- Gwrych Castle Preservation Trust is a Welsh registered charity (Charities Commission for England and Wales Number 1092035) that promotes the plight of Gwrych Castle. Founded in 2001 by Mark Baker, and achieving charitable status in 2002, it has helped facilitate the consolidation of Gwrych Castle Estate and is working with the owners on the Gwrych Trust Visitor's Centre Project - the restoration and conversion of the Melon House and Conservatory into a Visitor's Centre and Cafe. More info on the Gwrych Trust website. Any questions on the organisation can be directed to User:JakeB of GCPT
- Gulf Specimen Marine Laboratories, Inc The founders of this 50 year old marine supply and marine education company recently won the 2014 National Wetland Award for Education and Outreach.
- Hopecam -Connects children who are unable to attend school while undergoing treatment for a life-threatening illness with their friends at school using technology. References:[] [] []
- Hamilton/Burlington SPCA []
- Heartfelt Foundation - found by Shaun and Vanessa Bonett in 2005 to assist charities and people under stress. The Heartfelt Foundation has supported Pathways, Youth Insearch, Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation, Oncology Children’s Foundation, Ardoch Youth Foundation, Gawler Foundation, Bear Cottage and School Aid. Reference:[]
- Heshima Kenya - Heshima Kenya specializes in identifying and protecting unaccompanied and separated refugee children and youth, especially girls, young women and their children living in Nairobi, Kenya. Our shelter, education and community outreach services, coupled with local resources and the refugee community, empower this population to live healthy lives. By providing resources for long-term support, these girls and young women become catalysts for strengthening networks creating sustainable change within the local and global communities. References []
- Hello Sunday Morning - A non-profit organization that provides a platform for individuals to create meaningful change in their lives by taking a short break from alcohol. 20,000 users have now taken a 3-month break from alcohol. References [] [] []
- Help Desk Institute - A professional organization and certification body for the Service and Support industry founded in 1989.
- Helping Services for Northeast Iowa -Working to support families, end domestic violence and child abuse, prevent substance abuse and connect youth with caring adults. References: []
- HELPS International - An organization that funds programs to eradicate poverty in Latin America. References: [] [] [] [] [] []
- Hepatitis B Foundation - The only non-profit organization that funds hepatitis b research and advocacy internationally. Dr. Barusch Blumberg was an original supporter. References: 
- Haileybury Youth Trust - A charity based in Jinja, Uganda, helping to alleviate poverty and improve education and sanity through sustainable and considered building, education and training. References: HYT Haileybury Youth Trust Charities Comission
- Highlights for Highschool - In 2007, MIT OpenCourseWare introduced a site called Highlights for High School that indexes resources on the OCW applicable to advances high school study in biology, chemistry, calculus and physics in an effort to support US STEM education at the secondary school level. References [] []
- History Of The Hollywood Jaycees (Junior Chamber of Commerce) in Hollywood, CA.
- Hong Kong Caring Magic Circus - A charitable entity set up in 2011 by a group of volunteers under the founder of Wan Sze Chung. The entity was established under the laws of Hong Kong in China, with a view of training up volunteer leaders through Caring Magic and Caring Education.
- Horological Society of New York - America's oldest horological society, founded 1866. Pursuing the art & science of watchmaking. A 501(c)(6) organization.   
- Hyogo International Association -Promotes international exchange activities of residents and principals society Multicultural, contributes to the creation of a society rich international character living with people around the world, public interest Hyogo International Association, the county It is a public benefit corporation, which was established as a wholly-Shutsuen. http://www.hyogo-ip.or.jp/
- Household Cavalry Foundation -The Household Cavalry Foundation (HCF) was set up in January 2013 to raise much needed funds to care for the Casualties, Soldiers, Veterans, Families, Heritage and Horses of the Household Cavalry. []
- International Youth Society of Eco friendly and renewable technology(IYSERT) -International Youth Society of Eco Friendly and Renewable technology is a non-commercial, non-governmental, non-political organization founded on 2012 in India , Presently working in 8 countries and Mobilizing more than 2000 Youth across the world.
- IFP Market - Event Run by New York Non-Profit IFP - Intended as a Redirect Page
- Information Assurance Certification Review Board (IACRB) - An information security certification organization.
- InfrastructureUSA A non-profit online community devoted to generating a national dialogue about America's Infrastructure. Fiscal sponsorship and non-profit status is provided by Open Space Institute by designating InfrastructureUSA as part of their Citizen Action Program. , , , , , 
- InkuluFreeHeid - Non-partisan, non-profit and youth-led platform that innovates engagement and ignites action on democratic, social and economic issues in South Africa with the aim of advancing implementation of solutions to those issues.   
- Institute of Opinion The Institute of Opinion (IOO)is a non-partisan platform for views and opinion on the issues facing our country; both economically and politically. Taking a pragmatic approach to analyse news and opinion from Westminster, the team of writers and contributors cover the entire political spectrum, creating a true community of differing viewpoints.  
- Institute for Advanced Development Studies  - a Bolivian think tank focusing on research in the economic, social, and environmental aspects of development. INESAD has been ranked by the University of Pennsylvania as the #1 think tank in Bolivia and as among the top 1% of think tanks world wide for environmental policy. 
- Institute for Competitiveness & Prosperity  - an independent not for profit organization that deepens public understanding of macro- and micro-economic factors behind Ontario's economic progress. The Institute serves as the research arm of the Task Force on Competitiveness, Productivity and Economic Progress.
- Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
- Institute of Grocery Distribution, IGD  - IGD provides leadership to the food and consumer goods industry to ensure it delivers what matters to the public. A research and training charity, IGD is the leading source of information and best practice on the consumer goods industry worldwide. We use our insight and expertise to equip people to face into the challenges of this fast-changing world.
- Institute for Faith, Work & Economics - a non-partisan non-profit organization that researches biblical principles that apply to work and economics, providing resources for pastors, business leaders, and college professors. mentions: - see "about the author"
- Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure (ISI) - 
- International Academy of Financial Management - a global professional association for improving standards and ethics in the finance sector
- International Association of Assembly Managers (IAAM) - International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM) - mentions: 
- International Center for Economic Growth (ICEG)
- International Cleantech Network (ICN)  
- International Energy and Miners' Organisation (IEMO), a French organization of which Arthur Scargill is president
- International Money Laundering Information Network (IMoLIN) a UN organization which provides Anti-Money Laundering information and assistance to governments, organizations, and individuals.
- International Society of Glass Beadmakers (ISGB)
- The Institute Of Fraud Risk Management - Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist (CITRMS) is a course specifically developed to train and equip professionals to understand and address Identity Theft and related fraud. It addresses risks and issues for consumers, employees, and businesses / professional practices.
- The International Aloe Science Council -
- Invest in Africa - a not-for-profit business initiative that will promote Africa as a leading investment destination and actively challenge misconceptions about investing on the continent [][][][]
- i3Detroit Nonprofit hackerspace in Ferndale, MI. Source material here:  
- Internet Matters is an independent, not-for-profit organisation launched in May 2014 to help parents keep their children safe online. As Broadband usage has grown in the UK, and more and more devices now access the internet, for parents it can be increasingly challenging to find out what they can do to keep their children safe online. Internet Matters provide a range of helpful guides and information to protect against online threats. , , , , 
- Jalsonic secure - jalsonic secure is a non-profit organization. where people manage there passwords and use one email address or password for every website.
jalsonic network make this technology more secure and current working how to make more save passwords. kinldy check this link for more extenal referese: []
- Jana's Campaign, Inc. - In honor of the late Jana Mackey and other victims of domestic violence, a committed group of activists created Jana’s Campaign, Inc. with the single mission of reducing gender and relationship violence. “We believe it is our responsibility to use the story of Jana’s life and the story of her death to help reduce violence against women.” Through our program activities, Jana’s Campaign aims to play a significant role in breaking the cycle of domestic and dating violence and be a catalyst for social change. More information can be found at www.janascampaign.org, www.janasstory.org, www.heartlandsummit.org, and www.1100torches.org. The organization is registered with the GuideStar Exchange. Additional affiliations include GoodSearch.
- JASCAP - Jeet Association for support to cancer patients
- John L. Grove College of Business
- John Sykes Foundation - A registered charity (registered charity number 1156623) The Making of grants to any individual residing within the Reading Borough for any purpose within the scope of the following: 1. The advancement of education; 2. The advancement of health or saving of lives; 3. The advancement of arts, culture, heritage or science; 4. The advancement of amateur sport; 5. The relief of those in need by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage; or 6. Any other purpose currently recognised as charitable and any new charitable purposes which are similar to another charitable purpose.
- JSOU Foundation
- JCA - Japan Chess Association - FIDE Chess governing association in Japan.http://www.jca-chess.com/
- JMBACC - Japan MBA Case Competition - The JMBACC is the first MBA business case competition in Tokyo, organized under the leadership of students from the McGill MBA Japan Program, Hitotsubashi University, Aoyama University and other prominent business schools in Japan. The purpose of the event is to highlight the capabilities of MBA students in Japan, and to bring students together for a friendly competition. All of the presentations are delivered in English. The first annual JMBACC event took place in 17th Nov 2013. The McGill MBA Japan Team, of the Desautels Faculty of Management of McGill University won the first championship. The second JMBCC event is planned to take place in 30th Nov 2014, in Aoyama University.
- Karuna Expedition - Guinness World Record attempt " Longest Journey in a Scooter with a sidecar " while raising funds for the World Scout Foundation. http://karunaexpedition.weebly.com
- Katie Caples Foundation - Committed to increasing the number of registered organ donors through educational and awareness raising campaigns. Incorporated in 1998 in Fernandina Beach, Florida, the KCF has delivered organ donor education programs since 2005 in North Florida high schools. Hosts the Katie Ride for Life and other awareness raising events. www.katiecaples.org
- Kentuckiana Pride Foundation - LGBT organization incorporated in 2008 in Louisville, Kentucky; hosts Kentuckiana Pride Festival and other LGBT pride related events. kypride.com
- Khel Planet Foundation - Play based innovation in life-skills education for children. 
- Kick It Forward Foundation - Nonprofit anti-bullying organization http://www.kickitforward.foundation
- Kids Defense Team - Helping children. Collect Clothes for the Homeless. Give Internet and Chatroom Safety Seminars in Northeastern Maryland.
- Kids On The Move - Non-profit organization that serves children and families in three areas: Early Head Start for low-income families, Early Invervention for developmental delays, and Bridges for autism. 
- Kokomo Pride - LGBT pride organization. Does local charity work, and LGBT resource, along with other events. In Kokomo, Indiana 
- Konfirmed - Helping artists find progress in all their fields of work with the help of their expanding community.
- Kampung Halaman Foundation - Youth Organization. For the national youth-led network to produce multimedia digital content, conduct online media campaigns, and strengthen youth leadership in local decision-making processes. In Yogyakarta, Indonesia Halaman
- K9s For Warriors - Non-profit organization providing service canines to warriors suffering from Post-traumatic Stress Disability, traumatic brain injury and/or military sexual trauma as a result of military service post 9/11. Our goal is to empower them to return to civilian life with dignity and independence.       
- LeadingAge - An association of 5,600 non-profit organizations dedicated to making America a better place to grow old. We advance policies, promote practices and conduct research that supports, enables and empowers people to live fully as they age. 
- L.E.A.D Uganda - a non-profit organization that transforms forgotten children into leaders. ]
- Least of These, Inc., Christian County, MO. Food Pantry
- Legacy Of Hope Ref: [] - a non profit organization created to provide medical care and facilities for underserved children and communities around the world. ]
- Legacy X Ref: www.legacyx.com []
- Legion Scotland - The trading name of the Royal British Legion Scotland. Legion Scotland is a Scottish membership charity providing help to ex-service men and women across Scotland through disablement pensions advice, wellbeing programmes and support, fundraising for remembrance and providing a vital support to other veteran charities who also fund-raise for veteran causes. The Legion Scotland members and branches provide comradeship, develop strong communities and support remembrance with veterans and their families across Scotland. Legion Scotlands new trading name was formed in May 2014. Ref: www.legionscotland.org.uk
- Lendrick Muir Ref: [] - Lendrick Muir is an Outdoor Activity  Centre run by Scripture Union Scotland (part of the worldwide Scripture Union movement ) since the earlier school  on the site shut down in 1998. Lendrick Muir is located between Crook of Devon  and Rumbling Bridge  in Perth and Kinross .
Lendrick Muir hosts school residential and activity breaks under the banner of Classroom Outdoors  offering activities including archery, beach volleyball, bungee run, bungee trampolines, crate climbing, high ropes, kayaking, low ropes, raft building, rock climbing, trail biking and tree climb .
Lendrick Muir hosts SU Holiday events  during the Easter and summer school holidays. The story of SU Holidays can be read in the book, A Place to Pitch Your Tents, published in 1987 . The centre also hosts a wide variety of weekend groups ranging from 25-150 individuals  such as youth, student and church groups.
Lendrick Muir holds an Adventure Activities Licencing Authority licence  are members of the Association of Heads of Outdoor Centres  and have been had a presence at outdoor learning events such as Wild in the Park in June 2014  hosted by YouthLink Scotland  at the Scottish Parliament .]
- LGBT Equality Council - a non-profit which started in 2010 and aims to provide local and regional representation to the LGBT community.
- LGBT South Coast (A non-profit which started in 2015 and aims to provide an information hub for young people in the LGBT Community.) 
- Library of American Landscape History (LALH) - Founded in 1992, LALH is the only nonprofit organization in the world devoted to publishing in the field of American landscape history. Ref: www.lalh.org [] []
- Life Decisions International - a non-profit pro-family organization that started in 1992 to challenge the agenda of Planned Parenthood. (Life Decisions International is mentioned on several other pages on Wikipedia but there isn't an article on the group itself.) Thank you!
- Lighthouse Trust - a public/private HIV treatment clinic located in Lilongwe, Malawi. Ref: [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] http://www.mwlighthouse.org
- LinguisTech- a bilingual reference website for students and language professionals. It has a virtual desktop, tutorials, and an online community. I am an employee of LinguisTech looking for an outside editor to create a page.www.linguistech.ca Ref: [] [] []
- List of Transparent Organizations - Really think this should exist
- Living Advantage, Inc. - A non-profit organization based in Los Angeles, CA that works with at-risk foster youth to provide them the help and services they need to be successful including academic tutoring, career mentoring, and vital life document storage. Ref: []
- Living Lands and Waters - An environmental organization established and led by Chad Pregracke that has collected more than 7 million pounds of trash from U.S. waterways. Chad was named on November 20th, 2013 as the CNN Hero of the Year  
- Louis D. Brandeis Center for Human Rights Under Law, a civil rights organization founded by Kenneth L. Marcus to fight anti-Semitism on American college campuses.
- Love For The Elderly - Founded by 14-year-old Jacob Cramer, Love For The Elderly brings kindness to seniors in nursing homes.  
- Love for the Elderly - Global organization dedicated to uplifting the hearts of senior citizen in nursing facilities. Ref: www.lovefortheelderly.org
- Liverpool Cotton Exchange/International Cotton Association - amazing omission! ancient organisation which still oversees the bulk of the world's cotton trade. link
- Lumana - a non-profit organization promoting economic development in rural Ghana by providing small loans, savings accounts, and business education training to entrepreneurs in that area. While I am not involved with the organization, I have a cousin who is, so another editor will need to write the article so as to avoid conflict of interest. Resources include Lumana's official website, [], and such sites as [], [], and [].
- Malaysian Timber Certification Council - Ecolabelling for timber from Malaysia http://www.mtcc.com.my/
- Mantis Society - Educational Charity founded in 2001 by Mantis Khiralla. 
- Massachusetts Military Heroes Fund 
- Marillac St. Vincent Family Services - 100 year old Chicago social service agency http://www.marillacstvincent.org.
- Mars Orbital - Orbital Station around mars.  
- MarsPolar - New initiative to send human to Mars  Just enter "MarsPolar" (with quotes) in google.
- MBAs Across America - Movement of MBAs & entrepreneurs working together to reinvent business school & revitalize America. 
- MPPAN - Missing Persons Psychic Awareness Network, Professional Association of Psychics
- Medical Society of New Jersey (MSNJ) - oldest professional organization established in 1766.
- Mexican Business Council for Foreign Trade, Investment, and Technology (COMCE) - organization representing Mexican businessmen internationally
- Michigan open carry - Political group,2nd amendment. www.miopencarry.org
- Manchester Modernist Society - Group that promotes the architecture of the 20th Century in Greater Manchester, UK, publishers of 'the modernist' magazine. http://manchestermodernistsociety.org/index.html
- ManExam Coalition for Testicular Cancer Awareness - Also known as just ManExam. Group that promotes the self-exam for testicular cancer throughout the world. Examiners [www.manexam.org]
- ManExam - Tells men to check themselves for testicular cancer. Works with artists and musicians to promote its cause. Based in the U.S. []
- Manhattan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce - 2006 NYC's Minority and Women Business Enterprise Chamber Challenge Champion
- Mareña Renovables - a controversial wind mill project in Mexico, similar to for instance Prodesis
- Massachusetts Budget and Policy Center - Provides independent research and analysis of state budget and tax policies, as well as economic issues, that affect low- and moderate-income people in Massachusetts.
- Mealshare A Canadian non-profit that allows customers to provide a meal for someone in need just by purchasing Mealshare-branded items.  Reference: ,
- Mental Health America Mental Health America, founded in 1909, is the nation’s leading community-based network dedicated to helping all Americans achieve wellness by living mentally healthier lives. 
- Mercy (Healthcare Organization) - the 5th largest Catholic non-profit healthcare system in the United States. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy it serves millions of patients a year across 4 states in the midwest of the country. Recently their IT division became an accredited provider of Epic Systems. 
- Mercy Partners A non profit humanitarian organization based in North Carolina USA, and operating in South Sudan, Darfur, Ethiopia and Kenya. .
- Metropolitan Emergency Managers Association A Minnesota-based non-profit consisting of emergency management including fire chiefs, police chiefs, county emergency managers corporate emergency managers and others 
- Moodoff Day A Sydney based non-profit org Moodoff Day is started a global event and is held globally on the last Sunday morning of February annually, asking all smartphone users, not to use their smart device for 5hours in Morning to raise awareness for the smart phone addiction. Reference: americannewsreport , ntnews,
- MultiCaf, http://www.multicaf.org/En/Staff.html A Community Cafeteria and Food Bank coordinated by private millionaire capitalist, Iranian immigrant to Canada, Fred Mehrabi. This organization is important as part of a network of government and donation-financed non-governmental organisms in the area of Cote-des-Neiges in Montreal whose aim is to socially restructure the formerly French and English Founding ethnic communities into Communitarian polyethnic communities practising multiculturalism to replace the Confederation of Canada. MultiCaf, with its community kitchen, food bank, computer center, free wireless Internet subsidized by the federal government of Canada, and its vast array of activities is a key to integrating immigrants. In the past 30 years, over 200 foreign races and cultures have been literally poured into the neighborhood, apparently under U.N. "diversity" auspices, to create socialist Communitarianism by mass immigration. MultiCaf and the organizations of which it is a part, including the Cote-des-Neiges Community Development Corporation at the hub of the rapid ongoing transformation, is essential to the process of transforming the neighborhood to replace Canada's founding peoples and the lawful Confederation of 1867. Mehrabi and fellow staff are apparently on substantial salaries from an anonymous board of directors.
- Music for All - Music for All is one of the largest and most influential national music education organizations in support of active music making. Music for All is unique in that it combines programming at a national level with arts education advocacy. Bands of America (BOA) and Orchestra America are programs of Music for All, first founded in 1975, with a heritage in providing spectacular educational experiences and performance events for instrumental music programs and students. , 
- Mutuelle Jeunesse Active, A community organized humanitarian organization in Uvira, Congo-Kinshasa.
- My Broken Palace - A non-profit organization that exists to meet others in their time of brokenness.  mentions: 
- Military Warriors Support Foundation - A San Antonio, Texas based non-profit organization dedicated to assisting combat-wounded veterans transition to civilian life. They currently have four programs to assist veterans with; CEOs4Heroes to help veterans and spouses of military to find jobs, Homes4WoundedHeroes which awards mortgage-free homes to combat-wounded veterans or surviving unmarried spouses, Education4Heroes which provides college tuition assistance to veterans, and Skills4Life which provides outdoor recreation for severely disabled veterans. References: , ,  Main webpage 
- Mount Saint Vincent - Mount Saint Vincent is a Denver, Colorado-based treatment center for children aged 5 to 12 who face severe behavioral and emotional challenges due to trauma, mental illness, abuse, or neglect. ["Mount Saint Vincent" -site:http://www.msvhome.org]
- MLK Community Mural Project - Moving the Lives of Kids Community Mural Project (MLK Mural), is a US 501(c)3 charitable organization, that focuses on empowering youth through public art education. (sources can be found on our press page) (a draft of post can be provided to aid in completion)
- McKees Rocks Community Development Corporation - The McKees Rocks Community Development Corporation is a non-profit organization based in McKees Rocks in Pittsburgh, PA and focuses on community and economic development in McKees Rocks.
- Montgomery Lodge AF&AM - Freemason Lodge in Milford, Massachusetts chartered in 1797 by Paul Revere. 
- NAITA - The North Alabama International Trade Association 
- National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators - The National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) is a non-profit Accredited Crane Operator Certification organization that provides professional certification for operators and associated professionals in the crane and lifting industry. 
- National Nursing Centers Consortium The National Nursing Centers Consortium (NNCC) is a national nonprofit organization that advocates on behalf of nurse-managed health centers (NMHCs) and nurse-led care. They do this in the form of policy advocacy for increased scope of practice for nurse practitioners, funding initiatives, training and technical support for nurse-led care centers. They represent 250 NMHCs nation-wide. They work to enable nurse-managed health centers as a solution to healthcare disparities across the country the globe. They have worked with Congress to establish National Nurse Managed Health Clinic week.     
- National Housing Institute
- National English Spelling Competition (NESC) of Georgia - The NESC of the Republic of Georgia was initiated by a group of Peace Corps Volunteers (PCVs) serving in Georgia from 2011-2013. The PCVs envisioned a national spelling competition that would motivate students and teachers by making the English language learning experience fun and rewarding for participants. The NESC-GE was officially registered as a non-profit organization in Georgia on July 5, 2013. The program is administered by the NGO, “NESC Georgia,” and an advisory NESC Committee, which is comprised of volunteers throughout Georgia who strive to improve the English language learning experience for all. NESC Georgia collaborates with all parties interested in supporting the NESC including non-governmental organizations, government bodies, schools and the private sector.             
- National Mill Dog Rescue - is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome discarded breeding dogs and to educate the general public about the cruel realities of the commercial dog breeding industry. http://milldogrescue.org/
- National Library of Poetry - mentions: 
- National Women's Alliances - 6 Australian government funded entities which represent over 180 women’s organisations 
- Neighborhood Legal Services Program - 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Washington DC that provides free legal information, advice and representation to low-income District of Columbia residents. Also known as NLSP. Website: www.nlsp.org See scholarly article about NLSP history: http://www.howardfairhousing.org/dictator/media/2044/dcr1041.pdf, https://blogs.commons.georgetown.edu/righton/2014/02/23/my-recollections-of-working-for-neighborhood-legal-services-in-washington-dc-in-the-mid-1960s/ http://www.nationallawjournal.com/legaltimes/id=1202672271734/Holder-Celebrates-DC-Legal-Services-Groups-50th-Anniversary?cmp=share_twitter&slreturn=20141011110814, http://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/remarks-attorney-general-eric-holder-50th-anniversary-event-neighborhood-legal-services
- NeighborWorks® Waco - is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to build stronger neighborhoods through homeownership and other quality housing opportunities. See http://www.nw-waco.org/, http://www.wacotrib.com/news/158523155.html, http://www.nw.org/network/nationalhomeownershipmonth/documents/HomeownerSuccessStories_Smith.pdf, http://www.nw.org/newsroom/pressReleases/2010/netNews052110.asp
- NeighborWorks® Southern New Hampshire - A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing lives and the community environment by providing access to quality housing services, revitalizing neighborhoods and supporting opportunities for personal empowerment. Located in Manchester, NH. Website: www.nwsnh.org
- New River Conservancy -- An environmental nonprofit dedicated to protecting the waters, woodlands, and wildlife of the New River Watershed. Website:www.newriverconservancy.org
- New England Regional Council of Carpenters --Regional governing body for the Carpenters union.
- New York State Chiropractic Association - A professional state association founded in 1970 that represents the interests of more than 6,000 chiropractors across New York State. Website: www.nysca.com
- National Energy Policy Institute
- National Stroke Association - national organization for stroke in Denver, Colorado
- NC3Rs (National Centre for the Replacement, Refinement and Reduction of animals in research) - an independent scientific organisation tasked by UK Government to use the 3Rs as a framework to support science, innovation and animal welfare. The NC3Rs is the largest founder of 3Rs research in the UK. Organisation website: http://www.nc3rs.org.uk. Conflict of interest: I work for the NC3Rs. External references: http://www.alttox.org/ttrc/eu/3rs-centers.html#UKNC3R, http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/News/2008/News/WTD040136.htm
- NMI - UK trade association for electronic systems, microelectronics and semiconductors. It seeks to raise awareness and promote the societal and economic value of the industry to stakeholders. Established in 1996, NMI supports the commercial and technological development of its members and the wider industry through activities such as advocacy, networking, conferencing, influencing public funding and supporting skills development. See www.nmi.org.uk for more details.
- North Caroliniana Society - a select cultural heritage group founded in 1975. See http://www.ncsociety.org/, http://ncpedia.org/north-caroliniana-society
- Northern Starfish - Making A Difference, One Starfish At A Time. http://northernstarfish.org/ - http://www.bulletnewsniagara.ca/2013/04/24/young-niagara-falls-philanthropist-wesley-prankard-to-receive-caring-canadian-award-from-governor-general/ - http://cmicountmein.com/Count_Me_In/Count_Me_In_Conference_Speaker_-_Wes_Prankard.html
- Notting Hill Housing - Network Housing Group
- Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (NILMDTS) - providing free remembrance photographic portraiture to families suffering the loss of an infant. See https://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/ http://wn.ktvu.com/story/28822359/now-i-lay-me-down-to-sleep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1feyoXIV1M
- Oakham Enterprise Park - Formerly Ashwell Prison this site is now owned by Rutland County Council and has been turned into a thriving business park for the benefit of the local economy. 
- OSGi Alliance - open standards organization founded in March 1999.
- Old Rafflesians' Association
- Ombudsman for Banking Service and Investment (OBSI) - The Canadian financial industry dispute resolution service for financial consumers and small businesses. The service is independent and impartial, and provided free of charge to customers who has a dispute which could not be resolved between customer and the financial firm on their own.
- Online Ocean Symposium - an organization that creates streaming video forums discussions on the ocean and climate by bringing together experts in the fields. The organization also works to amplify stories and efforts in the ocean realm. www.onlineoceansympsium.org
- Oregon Lutheran Youth Organization - a program of the Oregon Synod (ELCA). Youth-lead organization that plans events for Lutheran youth in the state of Oregon. http://oregonlyo.blogspot.com/
- OSME Alumni Association- Hello, I want to be created a article about OSME alumni association. This is a organization of ex-students of Orissa School of Mining Engineering. Please visit our alumni website http://osmealumni.weebly.com for better understanding.
- Outline (Surrey) - a Charity which started in 1999 and provides confidential advice, support and information to people who are concerned about issues regarding sexual health, sexuality, gender identity and coming out via a telephone helpline and online. - United Kingdom 
- Overcoming Obstacles - A non profit organization devoted to educating students about important life skills Official Site
- Open Local Illinois - www.openlocalillinois.org
- Organic Week - www.organicweek.ca
- One Step Shoe Recycling - www.onestepshoerecycling.org. An organization founded by a 20-year old university student who seek to encourage the benefits of sustainable consumerism. The organization collects thousands of used and unwanted shoes and delivers them to those in need all across the world.
- Omega Tau Rho - Honorary Fraternity created by the National Association of REALTORS
- Pacific Coast Council of Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders - http://pacificcoastcouncil.org - The Pacific Coast Council of Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders Assns. Inc (PCC) was established to further the interests of Pacific Coast freight forwarders and customs brokers, their customers, U.S. exporters and importers, and the entire international trade comuinity. It is the primary goal of the PCC to foster the unimpeded flow of international trade along the U.S. Pacific Coast, and to assure the productive participation of Forwarders and brokers.
- PEF Israel Endowment Funds, Inc. - http://pefisrael.org - PEF was established as The Palestine Endowment Fund in 1922 by Justice Brandeis, Rabbi Stephen Wise, Robert Szold and a group of distinguished American Zionists to enable the direct distribution of funds to selected and approved charitable organizations in Palestine. After the formation of the State of Israel it's name was changed to PEF Israel Endowment Funds, Inc.
- Plus Men - http://www.plusmen.com - The first UK based site to offer a combination of dating and community services exclusively for gay men living with HIV. The site works with NHS Sexual Health Clinics and HIV Clinics to offer free membership which is otherwise only available on a cost basis. The idea of this is to help protect the privacy of those on the site.
- Peaceful Tribe- The Peaceful Tribe is a Non-Profit Organization that encourages peace. It is a group that ensures peace without the use of violence. See [www.sjoh0043.wix.com/peacefultribe]
- Pacific Basin Information Node - This was a part of the now-defunct (2012) National Biological Information Infrastructure (NBII) (see http://www.nbii.gov/termination/). It's important to document the history of this entity and for people to have a stable online URL to which people can refer when citing this organization for historical purposes. Note: also needs alias "PBIN".
- Peanut Foundation - research group of American Peanut Council - mentions: 
- Pension Research Council - Research Center at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania focused on pensions & retirement
- People Against Cancer - a grassroots group of cancer patients disillusioned with conventional cancer therapy
- Perfected Love Church, INC. - An independent church located in Swainsboro, GA. Also known as a local mission work for spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ. Has a local impact by serving food with a pantry and going door to door inviting the community to come to church. Offical Website - http://perfectedlove.com/
- PetChance.org - A national nonprofit that helps pet owners raise money online for veterinary expenses and other pet health costs when money is tight. Official website - http://petchance.org
- Passion Play In The Smokies A Passion Play In Gatlinburg, TN. passionplayinthesmokies.org
- Pilgrims' Friend Society A UK based charity founded in 1807. They provide care for older people in the community, in retirement schemes, in care and nursing homes. http://www.pilgrimsfriend.org.uk/
- Pink Boots Society - Empowering women beer professionals to advance their careers in the beer industry through education. http://pinkbootssociety.org/
- Polyglot Indonesia - Indonesian Polyglots' non-profit organization which promotes cross cultural understanding and cross cultural communication proficiency. http://polyglotindonesia.org/
- Population Institute - The Population Institute is an international non-profit organization that seeks to promote universal access to family planning information, education, and services. http://www.populationinstitute.org
- Priere Sans Frontieres: Priere Sans Frontieres, Inc. Non profit organization (Public charity). http://www.psfbible.org/
- Promotional Products Association International: Also known as PPAI. Non-profit trade organization for the promotional merchandise industry. http://www.ppai.org/
- Quality Deer Management Association Non-profit - supports deer management practices to ensure of healthy deer herds.  mentions: 
- Reach - Association for Children with Upper Limb Deficiency - A UK Charity supporting children with upper limb deficiency. Also known as Reach Charity Ltd - www.reach.org.uk
- Reaching Hand-A Indian Charitable Trust that helps in upliftment of the weeker section of the society by educating and empowering them to live in dignity - [ www.reachinghand.org ]  [ https://twitter.com/reachinghand96 ]
- Realtor Political Action Committee - among the largest and most influential lobbying groups in the US
- The Ricardo Group - A centre-right think tank based in London covering all aspects of political economy, both international and and domestic. Established in 2012 in the name of David Ricardo, The Ricardo Group comprises specialists in relevant academic fields working together to promote the best public policy.  
- Rockers Movement - a non-profit (501)c(3) organization, a collective designed to enable change and create solutions. They empower the community through the universal language of music, as well as the arts and cultural media.  
- Rose Charities,www.rosecharities.org, a multi-sectorial, international charity network focusing on community development, poverty reduction, education and health, founded Vancouver, Canada 1998. Projects in Asia,Africa,Americas including emergency relief.
- Romanian Children's Relief, Fundatia Inocenti, a 501c3 charity dedicated to preventing child abandonment in Romania.
- Rajshri Foundation, www.rajshri.org, Rajshri Foundation is the non-profit arm of the 66 year-old Rajshri group, India’s leading film, TV, music and digital entertainment studio.
- Royal British Legion Scotland - The Royal British Legion Scotland or RBLS as it is sometimes referred now has a new trading name of Legion Scotland. The charity is a separate one from the RBL (Royal British Legion) which also exists. The Royal British Legion Scotland was set up on 18th June 1921 in Edinburgh's Usher Hall when more than 100 existing veteran support organisations joined together and formed the British Legion - Scotland was added later on when the RBL formed in England. The charity still exists today under its new trading name to stand for and provide support to veterans. Ref: www.legionscotland.org.uk
- Rho Eta Xi, , A midwestern co-ed professional fraternity focused on cinema and the art of entertainment .
- Reach Out WorldWide, [],ROWW is a network of professionals with first responder skill-sets who augment local expertise when natural disasters strike in order to accelerate relief efforts. (also founded by Paul Walker)
- Save Our Cemeteries - is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in New Orleans, LA. Our mission is to preserve, protect, and promote the historic cemeteries of New Orleans through restoration, education, and advocacy. SaveOurCemeteries.org
- Samahope - Samahope enables anyone, anywhere to fund critical medical treatments for those who cannot afford them. Samahope partners with local charity hospitals and global health organizations around the world with a track record of excellent care and fiscal discipline. These medical partners have highly accomplished physicians and medical providers who perform surgeries and other life-changing interventions in poor places. Samahope aims to fund 1 Million medical treatments. http://www.samahope.org/ | http://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewithorn/2014/10/21/samahopes-leila-janah-3-can-save-the-world/ | http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/12/with-honoryourmom-samahope-wants-to-fund-medical-treatments-for-women-in-need-around-the-world-2/
- Sama Group - Sama Group is nonprofit organization founded by Leila Janah with a mission to use technology and private sector methods to tackle poverty. The group includes three social ventures: Samasource, Samahope, and Samaschool. http://samagroup.co | https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20131106162832-5424383-announcing-the-sama-group | http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3806550182001/helping-solve-the-global-unemployment-problem/#sp=show-clips | http://www.bloomberg.com/video/samasource-outsourcing-tech-work-to-low-income-communities-u5P0e_hvRJ~M5X~ozYo7iQ.html | http://www.fastcompany.com/1839862/meet-league-extraordinary-women-60-influencers-who-are-changing-world | http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Making-a-difference/2014/1023/Leila-Janah-helps-people-in-the-developing-world-find-work-near-home
- Samaschool - Samaschool (previously SamaUSA) provides digital skills training to low-income people so they can get jobs in the digital economy and lift themselves out of poverty. Samaschool runs in-person courses in the USA and Kenya, and also recently launched Samaschool Online, which offers online-only courses for more advanced students. http://samaschool.org/ | http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/26/samausa/ | http://blog.sfgate.com/inthemission/2014/01/31/sama-usa-teaches-tech-skills-to-students-in-need/ | https://www.brightfunds.org/stories/the-14-student-samausa-pilot-class-graduates
- San Diego Financial Literacy Center - The mission of the San Diego Financial Literacy Center (SDFLC), a 501C3 non-profit, educates and empowers individuals and families to make sound financial decisions and develop positive personal finance habits for life. San Diego's 10 News - Financial Planning Programs Aimed at Veterans San Diego Union Tribune - Marine to Speak at Financial Workshop Geared to Military
- Safety Net Foundation - A 501(C)3 non-profit service organization in Broward County, FL, involved in raising tolerance & awareness of and service to the homeless and at-risk community through events and outreach as well as cooperation with similar organizations and the faith community. http://www.snf-fl.org http://www.facebook.com/safetynetfoundation
- Savannah Pride - 501C-3 in Savannah, GA, responsible for raising tolerance and awareness for the LGBT community through annual events and outreach including its annual Savannah Pride Festival. . . mentions: 
- Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital Foundation - Raises funds for Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital and our local community thru donations, special events and Children's Miracle Network radio-thons and events. http://www.svmhfoundation.org. http://www.svmh.com. http://www.cherrysjubilee.org/cause_history.html. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Salinas-Valley-Memorial-Hospital-Foundation/103232979635
- SARC(Harford County) - SARC aids victims of domestic violence, sexual violence, child abuse and stalking in Harford County Maryland. Programs include a 24-hour helpline, counseling, crisis intervention, hospital companions, legal advocacy and representation, a confidentially located, 28-bed safehouse, outreach, trainings, presentations and community education. Website, facebook, references.
- Scottish Adoption - Scottish Adoption are a Scottish based Adoption Agency which was set up in 1923 with the aim of delivering a holistic range of high quality placement and adoption services. They work in partnership with other key agencies and organisations such as Local Authorities. Scottish Adoption are committed to delivering a child centred service and they strive to build on their reputation as the best value provider in all aspects of Adoption. Website Facebook Twitter
- Seattle Globalist--Seattle-based online publication covering international connections and global diversity in the Pacific Northwest. , , , , 
- Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders - Long Island - a home where GLBT seniors can access supportive services, create rich social networks and share their legacy
- Science For All Foundation - The Science for All Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). SFAF is specifically focused on encouraging young women to pursue education and careers in science. 
- Science Schools Initiative - A Not-For-Profit that has a SHSAT test prep program that has recieved great praise among schools,parents,and students. 
- Scientific Exploration Society UK Charity 
- Screening for Mental Health, Inc. The premier provider of mental health screening programs. SMH's mission is to provide innovative mental health and substance abuse resources, linking those in need to quality treatment options. , , , , , , ,
- Sea Crest School - An independent K-8 school established in 1996 in Half Moon Bay, California with a focus on innovation. http://seacrestschool.org
- Simon Communities of Ireland - Charitable organization that aims to end homelessness and influence government policy and public opinion in Ireland.
- Singapore Medical Society of the United Kingdom - Student-led organisation founded in 1994 to represent the interests of Singaporean students in medical and dental schools across the UK , , , 
- Skillshare International - British international development organisation employing professional people in Africa and Asia.
- Small Business Advocacy Council (SBAC) - Illinois-based 501(c)(6) not-for-profit, non-partisan, member driven organization which promotes small business success through political advocacy, support services and educational programs. 
- Social Accountability International - Social Accountability International.
- Social Media Emergency Management (SMEM) - Social Media Emergency Management, stylized as #SMEM, is a disaster-response methodology developed in 2011 for disseminating crowd-sourced information via social media channels and low-bandwidth localized websites. SMEM groups consist of volunteer-run local response teams that collect and vet information about disasters, and senior "veteran" facilitators who disseminate updates through organized social media channels. SMEM projects include creating "official" hashtag topologies for disasters, fact-checking rumors, and assisting with logistics and allocation of emergency resources. SMEM projects include Joplin Tornado Info (2011 Mashable Awards Finalist), Rockaways Hurricane Sandy News , Ebola Virus Info , Measles Info , and Philippines Typhoon Aid. . Sources: , , ,
- Socorro Gomes - President of the World Peace Council
- South Australian State Emergency Service - The South Australian State Emergency Service (SA SES) is a volunteer based organisation responding to natural disasters and working to ensure the safety of communities around South Australia, Australia. Each State and territory of Australia has its own independent State Emergency Service, and the SA SES is only one of these services spread across Australia. At times of great need or catastrophic disaster, it is common that assistance be sought from other states. The SA SES comprises approximately 1700 volunteers spread across 68 units and responds to around 6000 – 7000 tasks and requests for assistance each year. These tasks primarily involve: Responding to floods, storms, road accidents and emergencies requiring both general rescue and technical rescue services (vertical rescue, confined space rescue, swift water rescue, road crash rescue). Supporting land, sea and air searches for missing persons and vessels. Providing blue water marine and brown water riverine rescue services.
Photos: SA SES logo https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Emergency_Service#/media/File:SA_SES_Logo.png SA SES rescue vehicle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Emergency_Service#/media/File:SA_SES_Ford_F250.gif
Categories: Emergency services in South Australia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Emergency_services_in_South_Australia
References: Carr, J, 2015. In times of need : the story of the South Australian State Emergency Service . 1st ed. Australia: Openbook Howden Design and Print.
- SparkCon an annual creative conference and showcase of local talent in Raleigh, NC, USA
- Speedy Publishing LLC (Speedy Publishing Provides Video Training Courses, Access to Software, eBook and Print Templates, Book Cover Creation and Much More) (http://www.speedypublishing.com)
- Spinal Research - Charity funding medical research around the world to develop reliable treatments for paralysis caused by a broken back or neck , , , , , .
- Stages of Learning - NYC based nonprofit organization that existed between 1994-2010. Its mission was to restore drama instruction to public schools and was home to the Chekhov Theatre Ensemble, an award-winning company of teaching actors.
- Steuben County Literacy Coalition - Offers comprehensive programming to increase the literacy rate of Steuben County, IN, community members of all ages.
- Styleta - Styleta is a rapidly expanding nonprofit organization that uses fashion to nurture the next generation of young social entrepreneurs by creating sponsored student organizations on campuses nationwide that allow students to take on leadership positions and gain hands-on experience in the world of business while bettering their community. Styleta collects gently used clothing, sells them online and on university campuses, and donates the proceeds to charity. Sources: Glamour, InStyle, People
- St. Nicks Alliance - The St. Nicks Alliance is a nonprofit, nonsectarian community-based organization founded in 1975 with a mission to serve as a catalyst to improve the quality of life of Williamsburg-Greenpoint (Brooklyn, NY) residents by addressing economic, educational, health, housing and social needs while preserving the vibrant and diverse character of the entire community, particularly for low- and moderate-income residents. , , 
- Sudbury Community Foundation AKA SCF. Public Foundation in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada since 1996. 
- Secure Borders Initiative -
- Social Aid & Pleasure Club
- Stichting Tripod Foundation - A Netherlands based charity. 
- St. Mary's Hospital (Langata) - Requested via OTRS, ticket:2014022710010515. 
- Swiss Network for International Studies - A Swiss funding agency for academic research funded in 2008 with the mission to promotes academic research in the interdisciplinary area of International Studies, cited on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_International_Academic_Network. 
- Startup Canada - A volunteer-driven and grassroots network of entrepreneurs working together to cultivate a culture of entrepreneurship in Canada and around the globe.
- Startup Stir - A Boston-based non-profit organization providing enrichment-oriented event programming in Boston, Philadelphia and New York.   
- Scripture Union Scotland - The vision of SU Scotland is to see the children and young people of Scotland exploring the Bible and responding to the significance of Jesus. Scripture Union Scotland is part of the worldwide family of Scripture Union movements  that began in the nineteenth century and now operate in over 130 countries across the world. We are a Christian charity working in partnership with local churches. More than 2,000 volunteers are involved in helping run our activities, together with around 100 staff and associate workers. We work in schools running SU Groups and supporting Curriculum for Excellence. Our two activity centres accommodate school groups and weekends away during term-time and during the school holidays we run an extensive programme of SU Holidays and SU Missions. We also run discipleship and training programmes, prayer events and online discipleship for young people. In all that we do we seek to ensure that we are prioritising the disadvantaged, working in partnership with churches and recognising the family context that young people come from. We are also committed to promoting prayer support for all schools in Scotland. ]
- Sugar Nutrition UK - Sugar Nutrition UK is a not for profit, scientific organisation that is a leading source of expertise on sugars and health in the UK. It was established in 1964 (previously known as The Sugar Bureau) and is principally funded by UK sugar manufacturers. The organisation’s aim is to "improve knowledge and understanding about the contributions of sugar and other carbohydrates to a healthy balanced diet”. The organisation has an extensive research program on the nutritional science of sugars looking at issues ranging from reformulation to satiety to cravings in pregnancy. They also monitor a range of scientific journals and provide updates on their website. Sources: http://http://www.nhs.uk/news/2014/01january/pages/sugar-obesity-qa.aspx http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21082629 http://www.theweek.co.uk/health-science/59187/sugar-blamed-for-uk-obesity-how-much-is-in-our-food www.britishsugar.co.uk/Research-and-development.aspx. CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLAIMER - The article is requested by an employee of the organisation
- Team Challenge - Team Challenge is the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America’s (CCFA) endurance training and fundraising program, which has grown to become the second largest such organization in the US, raising more than $50 million since its inception in 2007 . Through Team Challenge, participants run or walk a half marathon (13.1 miles), train for a cycling event, or experience a sprint triathlon while simultaneously helping to find a cure for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis—two chronic and often debilitating digestive diseases that impact over 1.4 million Americans  
- The Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation - The Guthy-Jackson Charitable Foundation is dedicated to funding basic science research to find answers that will lead to the prevention, clinical treatment programs and a potential cure for Neuromyelitis Optica (NMO) Spectrum Disease. 
- The International Legal Foundation (ILF) - "Created in 2001, the ILF is an international nongovernmental organization that assists post-conflict and transitional countries in establishing public defender systems that provide effective, quality criminal defense services for the poor. It is guided by two fundamental principles: that laws must be drafted with an appreciation of the cultural realities of the country in which they will function; and that defense lawyers—as guardians of due process—are indispensable to any fair system of justice and must be provided to anyone accused of a crime. In 2003, the ILF opened Afghanistan’s first independent public defender office in Kabul, and has since established public defender offices in Nepal and the West Bank."   Mentions:   
- The Nature Trust of British Columbia -The Nature Trust of British Columbia is a leading land conservation organization based in British Columbia, Canada. They acquire ecologically significant land through purchase, donation, covenant and lease. Then they care for this land in order to protect the natural diversity of wildlife and plants, and their critical habitats. 
- The Nordic International Support Foundation (NIS) - The Nordic International Support Foundation (NIS) is a Norwegian-registered non-profit non-governmental organisation engaged in stabilisation and reconciliation initiatives in conflict and post-conflict areas. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, NIS has finalised a project in Sri Lanka and currently implements projects in Somalia, Myanmar, and the Sahel.  Mentions:              
- The Reinvestment Fund - A community investment group that specializes in financing low-wealth neighborhood revitalization in the Mid-Atlantic region 
- Thirst Relief International - A non-profit organization founded in 2005 dedicated to providing water to 9 countries throughout the world, so far impacting over 200,000 lives.  mentions: 
- Three Rings (UK-based website) A non-profit online company providing rota management and other related online resources to charity helplines in the United Kingdom, mainly for Samaritans branches and Nightline organisations. Three Rings is run by volunteers who previously volunteered for Nightlines and/or Samaritans, or still do. 
- Through the Heart - The mission of Through the Heart is to educate and support anyone who is experiencing a pregnancy loss either directly or indirectly. Through the Heart is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.  
- Tinogona "It is achievable", organization founded by Tererai Trent, also a consulting organization.
- Triblox nonprofit Game Studios - Created in 2007 by Voho. Currently working on Halo: Out With a Whimper,  mentions: 
- Tobacco Free CA - near as I can tell, this is some sort of organization dedicated to banning smoking in the state of California. There doesn't seem to be any information about them on the web, but their sponsored TV adds are ubiquitous in California.
- Tony Blair Africa Governance Initiative - a UK charity which works with African leaders and their governments on public service delivery,currently in Sierra Leone, Rwanda and Liberia  mentions: 
- Top Employers Institute - The Top Employers Institute globally certifies excellence in the conditions that employers create for their people. Optimal employee conditions ensure that people develop themselves personally and professionally. This in turn enables companies to grow and to develop, always. Website.
- TransCelerate BioPharma Inc. - was launched in 2012 by several pharma companies to simplify and enhance the research and development of new medicines. Through several initiatives that develop practical solutions to overcome inefficiencies in clinical trials and are drawn from the combined expertise of member organizations and industry collaborators.  Mentions: , , 
- TurboVote - a tech start-up that allows people to fill out voter registration forms online and get subscribed to text and email reminders about upcoming elections. TurboVote has already helped more than 200,000 people register to vote and has been written about by the New York Times, the Journal of Higher Education, and other publications. Mentions: 
- Total Child Development, part of TCD Kids Foundation, a non-profit that provides tutoring, mentoring, service learning, and community awareness events for kids. ,
- [[UCare}} - UCare is an independent, nonprofit health plan providing health coverage and services to more than 500,000 members in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. UCare serves more people from diverse cultures and more people with disabilities enrolled in Medical Assistance than any other health plan in Minnesota. Working in partnership with health care providers and community organizations, UCare serves:
Individuals and families choosing health coverage through MNsure, the new insurance marketplace Medicare-eligible individuals Individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance Adults with disabilities
Was among the first Minnesota health plans to offer coverage through MNsure. Has the fourth-largest health plan enrollment in Minnesota, serving more than 500,000 members across Minnesota and 26 counties in western Wisconsin. Provides health coverage to nearly 100,000 Medicare-eligible individuals through its Medicare health plans and 10,000 Minnesotans enrolled in individual and family UCare Choices plans. Provides health coverage to more than 300,000 individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and has the largest and most diverse Prepaid Medical Assistance Program membership of any health plan in Minnesota. Works with thousands of health care providers across Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Members have access to more than 43,000 physicians at thousands of locations. Was the first health plan in Minnesota to own and operate a mobile dental clinic. Was the first health plan in Minnesota to offer health care programs for people with disabilities, and currently serves the most members with disabilities of any health plan in Minnesota. Was created in 1984 by the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health at the University of Minnesota Medical School. Today, UCare is an independent, nonprofit organization offering health coverage plans in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Offers a 4.5 Medicare Star plan, UCare for Seniors, with a satisfaction score (Consumer Assessment of Health Care Providers and Systems) higher than the national and state average. Is led by Jim Eppel, President and Chief Executive Officer, who brings several decades of health care experience and executive leadership to his role. Is a 2015 Star Tribune Top 150 Workplace.
- UNAA - Founded in 1988, the Uganda North American Association (UNAA) is the oldest and largest formal association of Ugandans in the Diaspora; holding an Annual Convention and Trade Expo each labor day weekend in different North American cities. The 27th Annual UNAA Convention and Trade Expo will be held in New Orleans, LA. UNAA serves as the umbrella association that houses all Ugandans regardless their background, creed, tribe and/or social status tracing its origins to the Thanksgiving weekend of 1988 in the suburbs of Atlanta, GA. The objectives of the organization are to "Promote the Social, Cultural and Economic Development of the Ugandan Community in North America and beyond." The Ugandan Community in North America numbers over 120,000 individuals. Official site: . Mentions: , , , , , , 
- Unyts - A non-profit organization headquartered in Buffalo and serving Western New York. Founded in 1981, Unyts (formerly known as Upstate New York Transplant Services) is the federal and state authorized organ, eye and tissue procurement organization for Alleghany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming counties. Unyts Community Blood Service began in 2007 at the request of local hospitals. It is the primary supplier of blood products to Kaleida Health, ECMC and all hospitals in Niagara and Wyoming counties. Official site: . Mentions: , , 
- United Neighborhood Houses - United Neighborhood Houses of New York (UNH) is a 501(c) nonprofit membership organization of 38 independent community centers and settlement houses in New York City. Rooted in the history and values of the settlement house movement, UNH provides a collective voice for member agencies, performing advocacy to support policies and funding as well as participating in collaborations to benefit the settlement houses in the areas of children, youth, adult literacy and immigrant services, older adults, housing stability, and healthy food. UNH was founded in 1919 and Martin Luther King, Jr., addressed the organization in 1966. UNH is already mentioned in the Wikipedia articles for Settlement Houses  and several of our member agencies. [disclaimer: I am a UNH employee] Official site: . Third-party sources: WNYC story on UNH annual fall conference, 1966 , Text of MLK Jr.’s speech to UNH 1966, , Spearheads for Reform, The Social Settlements and the Progressive Movement 1890-1914 (book, pg 239), by Allen F. Davis. Articles: New York Times , New York Daily News, 2015 , Quoted in a press release issued by Mayor de Blasio , New York Post, 2014 , Newsday 2014 ,Daily News 2013 .
- Venture for America - non-profit organization that places college graduates in start-ups, generally in struggling cities - http://ventureforamerica.org/
- Virtual Enterprises International - Also referred to as (VEI), is a non-profit organization which runs an in-school entrepreneurship and global business program preparing students for college and career through hands-on, workplace simulations. The program got its start in 1994 when the New York City Department of Education implemented "Virtual Enterprises" in seven New York City public high schools. Virtual Enterprises International, Inc. was formed in 2011 to support and guide the growth of this program, which is now in 500 secondary and post-secondary schools across America, serving over 10,000 students annually. 
- Virginia Mason Institute - healthcare training, education. 
- VOKI INTERNATIONAL - child relief organisation with projects in India, Nepal, Switzerland, Thailand.  -  -  -  - . External links:  (German link) -  re-tweet of VOKI INTERNATIONAL -  CEO of organisation -  Acknowledged and taxdeductable in Switzerland -  -  other references. video clip of the organization.  - Press-report on Project VOKI India , ,  - Press-report on VOKI INTERNATIONAL  - Radio-News-report on VOKI INTERNATIONAL  - Report's on WorldNews , , 
- Vibe 107.6FM - Also referred to as Vibe 107.6, is a licensed non-profit community radio station based in Watford, Hertfordshire. Music selection includes contemporary music ranging from chart and indie to hip hop and R&B, old skool and pop, with features on local unsigned bands. Music is broadcasted to Watford and its surrounding areas, such as Hemel, Harpenden, St Albans. It was launched in August 2011, and works closely with community businesses to promote the work of local people. , , , , 
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) Riders' Union A public transit riders' union based in Washington, DC that models other riders' unions in The United States. Founded in September 2015. .
- Warm Cookies of the Revolution A Denver, Colorado-based 501c3 organization and self-proclaimed "civic health club" that works to engage everyday citizens in their local civic, political, and cultural lives by creating and hosting events using award-winning comedy, theater, and irreverent show and tell . And they always have cookies and milk at their events!
- Washington Humane Society A non-profit organisation chartered by the U.S. Congress 
- War Writers' Campaign, Inc. http://www.warwriterscampaign.org Mission: To promote social change surrounding veteran’s issues through written awareness.
- WCF "World Cat Federation" - http://www.wcf-online.de/WCF-EN/index.html - An international federation of cat registries.
- William G. McGowan Charitable Fund - William G. McGowan Charitable Fund Inc. is a not-for-profit foundation with over $145 million in assets under management. The foundation focuses its grants on scholastic assistance to students and medical research. It was established in 1992 and is based in Washington, District of Columbia. Third party:  
- William O. Douglas Trail Foundation A non-profit founded in 2005 with the mission of establishing the William O. Douglas Trail as "a statewide significant heritage trail that links the City of Yakima to Mount Rainier."  mentions: 
- Window Coverings Association of America -
- We Love Reading Non-Profit Organization located in Amman, Jordan, founded in 2006 by Dr. Rana Dajani. An NGO about fostering a love of reading in children around the world, and especially the Middle East where such a culture is lacking, through promoting reading aloud to children and creating libraries in neighborhoods around the country and the region. The NGO has workshops and training programs teaching people to read aloud to children and having reading sessions with children, creating a self sustainable community of readers and people who love books. They publish and distribute children's books aimed at enhancing environmental consciousness and empathy in children. They organize reading sessions and set up libraries in neighborhoods as well as refugee camps around the country. The NGO and the idea has spread to many countries in the Middle East as well as other areas, such as Europe, Africa, North America and Southeast Asia. We Love Reading has been nominated as a finalist for the WISE award for supporting the development and replication of cutting-edge practices. The founder, Dr. Rana Dajani, has been ranked 13 in CEO Middle East Magazine's list of 100 most powerful Arab women and named one of the most influential women scientists of the Islamic world in 2014 by UK based Muslim Science magazine. She was also awarded the 2009 Arab World Social Innovator award by Synegros for the project We Love Reading, and nominated as one of Ahel Al-Himmeh (an initiative by Queen Rania of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan to recognize individuals who do volunteer work for the Jordanian community).          
- Whangarei Growers Market A Growers Market formed in 1998 which is the largest and oldest market of its kind in New Zealand and which came about as a direct result of the supermarket duopoly causing the auction system to fail. Radio New Zealand report, The Social and Economic Impact of Whangarei Growers Market, Whangarei Growers Market to supply produce to Auckland, [TVNZ Country Calendar episode|http://tvnz.co.nz/country-calendar/episode-23-growing-strong-3642619], Transition Towns - Whangarei Growers Market talk, Grower, Sep 2002; v.57 n.8:p.10-12; issn:1175-2742, Lifestyle farmer, Nov/Dec 2003; v.4 n.5:p.24-27; issn:1175-3390, North and South (Online), Oct 2009; n.283:p.58-65; issn:0112-9023, Tree cropper, Jun 2015; n.82:p.30-40; issn:1173-3292New Zealand Growing Today, Jul 2001; v.15 n.7:p.38-41; issn:1171-7033
- Western Federal Credit Union "Western is classified as a multiple common bond, primarily transportation equipment credit union.
- Woloso "World Lottery for Social Development" - http://www.woloso.com - A non-profit organization located in Quebec promoting life before profit.
- WordTheatre - Literary L.A.-based nonprofit that brings actors to perform short stories to promote various charities - mentions: , , , 
- World Book Night U.S. - Inspired by the U.K. organization, World Book Night U.S. is a non-profit organization where Givers give half a million free World Book Night paperbacks to light and non-readers on April 23 (also known as World Book Day). http://www.us.worldbooknight.org/
- World Energy Forum - A non-profit organization that actively facilitate strategic relationships, opportunities, and translates ideas into a global marketplace. The organization was founded in 2008 by Dr. Harold HyunSuk Oh with a mission to provide energy and water for all and to promote clean and safe energy and sustainable development across the globe. The organization has many reputable sources and is notable. The article has previously existed but was bias. A proper article for this organization should be created. http://www.worldenergyforum.com/ Source 1 source 2Source 3 Source 4 source 5 video 1video 2video 3 ]
- World Leisure Organization (WLO) - A worldwide, non-governmental association of persons and organizations dedicated to discovering and fostering the conditions that best permit leisure to serve as a force for human growth, development and wellbeing. The organization was incorporated in 1956 in New York City. It is the belief of the World Leisure Organization that well selected leisure experiences improve one's quality of life. The World Leisure Organization works toward its mission by hosting forums and events that allow for the formal and informal dissemination of knowledge and information; engaging in informed advocacy surrounding conditions that optimize leisure experiences in regards to legislation, infrastructure, leadership and programming; and fostering inquiry through research and scholarship to allow for the discovery of personal and social potentialities of leisure experiences. Today, the organization hosts numerous events throughout the world that aim to advocate for and educate on the importance of leisure in communities while also highlighting places that have elevated leisure to a prominent standing. The World Leisure Organization includes a membership and is governed by a Board of Directors with guidance from an Executive Committee.  
- World Public Forum - international nongovernmental European-based organization which supports and develops dialogue among civilizations since 2003 
- Women’s Rehabilitation Centre (WOREC) A non-profit organization working in Nepal, founded by Women Right Activists in 1991 in order to address the issue of human trafficking. Its actively engaged in the promotion and protection of human rights, campaigning on violence against women and trafficking of women as well as economic social and cultural rights (ESCR).
- Women's Enterprise Initiative (WEI) - A non-profit initiative established by Western Economic Diversification Canada to help women in Western Canada successfully start, grow and operate their businesses. The WEI is comprised of centres in the four western provinces: Women's Enterprise Centre of BC, Alberta Women Entrepreneurs, Women Entrepreneurs of Saskatchewan, and Women's Enterprise Centre of Manitoba. In addition to providing three core services: business financing, training and advising, the centres also provide networking opportunities, coaching and mentoring to support women at various business stages.      
- YouCaring.com - Free Online fundraising website for adoptions, medical expenses, tuition, and mission trips. Lebanon Express YouCaring article. Killer Startups
- Young Americans Center for Financial Education - mentions: 
- Young Entrepreneurs Business Week (YEBW) - Non-profit organization that provides week-long business, financial literacy, and career-prep camps for high school students at college campuses in Oregon. - mentions: 
- Young Mariners of New Zealand - A non-profit youth organisation similar in some ways to the New Zealand Sea Scouts, that fosters mental, spiritual and physical development of young women through sailing, rowing, camping and other leadership and team building activities. Based throughout the Upper North Island of New Zealand. Mentions:
- Youssef Bey Karam Foundation Private, charitable and non-profit foundation, which seeks to spread the history of the Lebanese hero Youssef Bey Karam.
- Yes We Code - An initiative to teach programming to low-opportunity youth, powered by Van Jones' Rebuild the Dream fund. 
- ZOE International - A 501(c)3 organization that rescues children from human trafficking & cares for orphans. They use a three tier method of intervention, prevention, and aftercare.