Wikipedia:Requests for mediation/India, Afghanistan and Pakistan
India, Afghanistan and Pakistan
|Formal mediation case|
|Articles||Indians in Afghanistan (talk)
|Opened||12 Apr 2012|
|Mediators||Sunray (talk) and Lord Roem (talk)|
- Users involved in dispute
- TopGun (talk · contribs)
- JCAla (talk · contribs)
- Mar4d (talk · contribs)
- Darkness Shines (talk · contribs)
- Articles concerned in this dispute
- Other steps of dispute resolution that have been attempted
- Neutral point of view noticeboard
- Mediation Cabal
- Ongoing RfC for Balochistan conflict
- ANI discussions
- Talk page discussions
- User talk page discussions
- Procedural Notes from Whenaxis (initiator and mediator)
- I removed myself from this dispute per a request from Anomie. I will still be monitoring the progress of this dispute and if necessary, I will be happy to provide further information to potential mediators about this dispute as I was the mediator at MedCab and have been following this dispute closely.
- Darkness Shines and TopGun have an interaction ban due to conduct related issues.
Issues to be mediated
All aspects of article content over which there is disagreement should be listed here. The filing party should define the scope under "Primary issues", which is used to frame the case; other parties to the dispute can list other issues under "Additional issues", and can contest the primary issues on the case talk page.
- Primary issues
- Various disputes that have spawn from past and current controversial topics over the regions of India, Afghanistan and Pakistan such as border relations, terrorism and how to express such issues in a neutral way with sources
- Additional issues (added by other parties)
- Additional issue 1
- Additional issue 2
Parties' agreement to mediation
All parties please indicate below whether they agree to mediation of this dispute; remember to sign your post. Extended comments should be made on the case talk page. Every party listed above will be automatically notified that this request has been filed.
- Agree. Darkness Shines (talk) 13:35, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
- Agree for the primary dispute, WP:NPOVN#Pakistan's denial of Taliban support before 2001, only. Rest are resolved or have not had enough discussion. --lTopGunl (talk) 17:33, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
- Agree. Mar4d (talk) 17:38, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
- Agree. Some of the issues have already been resolved though including "Indians in Afghanistan" and "Taliban" (although some editors may want to have a renewed discussion on that issue). "Balochistan conflict" still needs to be resolved and maybe "Inter-Services Intelligence" also. JCAla (talk) 17:41, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
Decision of the Mediation Committee
A member of the Mediation Committee will indicate whether this request is to be accepted or rejected. Notes concerning the request and questions to the parties may also be posed by a committee member in this section.
- Accept. For the mediation committee, --Xavexgoem (talk) 17:57, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
- Please wait while a mediator is selected. Shouldn't take long! Xavexgoem (talk) 02:38, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
- We are working on assigning mediator(s) to this case, we will have a response for you shortly. For the mediation committee, WGFinley (talk) 19:42, 16 April 2012 (UTC).
- Clarifications - it appears there are still issues that need to be mediated? Also, for the purposes of this mediation, I'm willing to suspend the WP:IBAN if both parties are willing to mediate in good faith and take direction from the mediator if things are getting out of hand. Please update me on those and I'll get this assigned. For the Mediation Committee, WGFinley (talk) 12:44, 17 April 2012 (UTC).