Wikipedia:Requests for page importation
This is a place to request that pages be imported with history of pages from other Wikimedia Foundation wikis to here. This might be done if a page was copied and pasted from a WMF wiki to here, or, in the case of the Nostalgia Wikipedia, to make very old revisions accessible. Administrators can import pages from Meta, the Outreach Wiki, the Test2 Wikipedia site, and the German, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, and Nostalgia Wikipedias to the English Wikipedia (see Phabricator task 22280 for relevant shell permission requests, and to request permissions for importing from more projects). It is also to indirectly import from Commons, Foundation-wiki, and the Czech-wiki (by first importing to Meta) and to import from En-wikibooks (via Commons). More languages (Danish, Dutch, Greek, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, Russian, Turkish, Ukranian, Hungarian, Chinese) are possible through another indirect import to the German Wikipedia. With the "importupload" feature, pages from all other wikis can be imported too.
Check the history of the source page before importing. If there are overlapping edits between the source and destination page, import the edits into the MediaWiki talk namespace, since it is very rarely used. Follow this procedure, where "foo" is the title of the page in the English Wikipedia and "bar" is the title of the source page:
The same procedure can be used when there are no overlapping edits, but in this case, it's best to move the page first, so the import appears in the page history.
Check the newly imported history for unregistered account names, which will not have a "contribs" link attached to them. Try to create those accounts to prevent impersonation. If you can't create a particular account due to unified login, it can't be impersonated so it's not a problem. See User:Graham87/Import for guidelines on importing from the Nostalgia Wikipedia. There is a log of all page imports at Special:Log/import.
- Language: de:User:Simonnemichellejones/Simonne Jones
- New name: Simonne Jones
- Note: --Simonne Jones 08:49, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
- Note by importing administrator: Not done. I don't feel comfortable doing this (a:) because it's from your userspace; (b) because you have a conflict of interest; and (c) because you didn't follow my instructions above about signing messages. Please use the articles for creation process. Graham87 14:55, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
- Note: I am sorry but you didn't give me any instructions before. Additionally, I don't think that I have a conflict of interest problem as long as I am not Simonne Jones myself, plus German wikipedia users told me to do so. Now you are telling me that you don't want to do it because it's in my userspace, I am confused a bit. Best regards! --Simonne Jones 16:21, 23 August 2016 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Simonnemichellejones (talk • contribs)
- @Simonnemi: Yesz, I asked you to sign your messages; you didn't do that. If you're not Simonne Jones, then why do you sign as Simonnemichellejones and have a username of Simonnemichellejones? Graham87 02:13, 24 August 2016 (UTC)
- Language: de:Philipp Gerschlauer
- New name: Philipp Gerschlauer
- Note: The musician is active in english speaking countries. Therefor a translation from german to english would be necessary. Please advise on how to proceed. I am new here and a bit lost :( AnnaBanana3142 — Preceding unsigned comment added by AnnaBanana3142 (talk • contribs) 19:34, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
- Note by importing administrator: Please see the instructions in the entry you added above. Graham87 02:18, 24 August 2016 (UTC)
- Language: de:Mark Vogelsberger
- New name: Mark Vogelsberger
- Note: --188.8.131.52 (talk) 00:40, 27 August 2016 (UTC)
- Note by importing administrator: Not done; I can't import an untranslated article straight into the main namespace. Assuming you have an account, either translate it first or allow me to import it into your userspace. Graham87 05:13, 27 August 2016 (UTC)
Import of de:Rankenheim: to Rankenheim
- Language: de:Rankenheim:
- New name: Rankenheim
- Note: I would be glad if you import the article the translation is on User:160816a/Rankenheim- Thank You! --160816a (talk) 19:41, 4 September 2016 (UTC)
- Note by importing administrator: Done Graham87 10:48, 5 September 2016 (UTC)