|Wikipedia Reward Board|
The reward board is an informal page where users who want a specific task related to Wikipedia (such as the promotion of an article to featured article status or the editing of an image) can offer a reward to editors willing to take on the task. The execution and details of the transaction are the responsibility of the participating parties, and the reward can be monetary, goods (books, cookies, etc.), barnstars, or tit-for-tat editing (like improving another article).
The Wikimedia Foundation is not hiring contributors and no payments are made by the Foundation. This is purely a page for editors to offer rewards to other editors. Challenges may remain open for a maximum duration of one year. After that period of time, the challenge will be moved to expired requests; however, the author of the challenge may repost the challenge with a new expiration period. The aim of this policy is to keep the board clutter-free, ensure editors are available to fulfill such challenges, and to ensure the challenges are still valid.
See Wikipedia:Conflict of interest for information about monetary compensation and possible conflicts of interest.
How to offer a reward
If you would like to offer a reward such as the ones below, simply add an entry below. Add all the details that you feel are relevant to the reward, in a format similar to this pattern:
===Reward title=== *'''Offeror''': ~~~ *'''Date offered''': ~~~~~ *'''Request''': What needs to be done to claim the award. *'''Reward''': The reward you are offering. *'''Limit on rewards''': In the case of possible multiple rewards, any limit set. *'''Expires''': Date until which your offer is valid. Max expiration date is one year from offer date. *'''Sign-up''': Person interested in taking on the task. Please provide expected completion date.
In the case of a monetary offer, please specify country currency. Numerous countries use the same symbols.
Please place new entries in chronological order of expiration. See Wikipedia:Reward board fulfilled requests for past rewards.
- Offeror: Godsy (TALKCONT)
- Date offered: 19:37, 3 May 2018 (UTC)
- Request: Gain access to Kurtz, Bill (2007). "The Encyclopedia of Arcade Video Games". Schiffer Book for Collectors. Schiffer Publishing. 005; p. 211. ISBN 978-07-643-1925-9 and use it to improve Draft:005 (however much improvement the source allows for).
- Reward: The Video Games Barnstar
- Limit on rewards: One barnstar will be awarded to whoever completes the task first. Please leave a message on my talk page once the task is completed; apologies in advance for any delay that might occur in granting the award.
- Expires: Saturday, November 3, 2018 (six months from date offered).
- Sign-up & expected completion date:
- I've taken a stab at this. The given ISBN is for the 2004 edition. WorldCat doesn't show a 2007 edition, only the 2004 and one copy, held by a library in Sweden, of a supposed 2003 edition (most likely a typo). Page 211 contains no information about 005 or Sega, but on page 114 there is a copy of an ad for the game and a three line caption. Most of the scant information was already included in the draft; I could squeeze only one new sentence out of it. --Worldbruce (talk) 23:38, 10 May 2018 (UTC)
Add the option of WikEd color
- Offeror: Doc James (talk · contribs · email)
- Date offered: 06:03, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- Request: The colors used by the Wikitext editor syntax highlighting are IMO poor. I am wanting WikED colors as an option. Further details here
- Reward: Personal check from me for 100 CAD mailed to whoever solves this.
- Expires: Expires at the end of 2018.
- Sign up (expected completion date): I think I can do it within the next day or less. Working on it. wbm1058 (talk) 01:20, 24 February 2018 (UTC) Update: I'm maybe halfway done, taking longer than expected due to need for trial and error in finding the equivalent CSS classes for these two products. I took a break to get back to my regular tasks, hopefully will get back to this and finish it this weekend. wbm1058 (talk) 13:00, 1 March 2018 (UTC)
- User:Wbm1058 this is super cool :-) Let me know when you are done. Than shoot me an email with the address you want a check mailed to. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 03:33, 16 March 2018 (UTC)
Translations from Russian
- Offeror: PlanespotterA320
- Date offered: 18 July 2018
- Request: Assist in the backlog of redlinked super-notable articles needing translation from Russian here by developing non-stub articles (absolute minimum 3 paragraphs, preferably much more)
- Reward: For ten full articles written from the list you will receive a Writer's barnstar; 25 or more will result in a barnstar of national merit; 50 will result in the awarding of the Translation Barnstar, and any user who translates 100 articles in full will be awarded the Rosetta Barnstar.
- Limit on rewards: Articles may not be stubs or copy-pasted machine-translated text.
- Expires: 18 July 2019