|Wikipedia Reward Board|
The reward board is an informal page where users who want a specific task related to Wikipedia (such as the promotion of an article to featured article status or the editing of an image) can offer a reward to editors willing to take on the task. The execution and details of the transaction are the responsibility of the participating parties, and the reward can be monetary, goods (books, cookies, etc.), barnstars, or tit-for-tat editing (like improving another article).
The Wikimedia Foundation is not hiring contributors and no payments are made by the Foundation. This is purely a page for editors to offer rewards to other editors. Challenges may remain open for a maximum duration of one year. After that period of time, the challenge will be moved to expired requests; however, the author of the challenge may repost the challenge with a new expiration period. The aim of this policy is to keep the board clutter-free, ensure editors are available to fulfill such challenges, and to ensure the challenges are still valid.
See Wikipedia:Conflict of interest for information about monetary compensation and possible conflicts of interest.
How to offer a reward
If you would like to offer a reward such as the ones below, simply add an entry below. Add all the details that you feel are relevant to the reward, in a format similar to this pattern:
===Reward title=== *'''Offeror''': ~~~ *'''Date offered''': ~~~~~ *'''Request''': What needs to be done to claim the award. *'''Reward''': The reward you are offering. *'''Limit on rewards''': In the case of possible multiple rewards, any limit set. *'''Expires''': Date until which your offer is valid. Max expiration date is one year from offer date.
In the case of a monetary offer, please specify country currency. Numerous countries use the same symbols.
Please place new entries in chronological order of expiration. See Wikipedia:Reward board fulfilled requests for past rewards.
Cascadia stub expansion
- Offeror: Brianhe (talk)
- Date offered: 01:25, 5 August 2015 (UTC)
- Request: Expand any Cascadia-related stub for credit as part of the 2015 stub contest. For purposes of this offer, Cascadia-related is defined as belonging to WikiProject Washington (list), WikiProject Oregon (list), or equivalent WPUSA, or others in British Columbia or California as per my own discretion (Cascadia has no definite boundaries). Examples below.
- Reward: Cascadia Polandball (File:Cascadia_polandball.png) or custom Cascadia barnstar (your choice). List here and at the scoreboard to claim.
- Limit on rewards: No limit.
- Listing expires: At end of 2015 stub contest, 31 August 2015.
Audio networking improvements
- Offeror: ~KvnG
- Date offered: 16:13, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
- Request: Bring any article in Category:Audio network protocols to WP:GA status
- Reward: Vintage Wayfarer II sunglasses
- Expires: 1 September 2015
- Hi kvng. If I work on one tomorrow and nominate it tomorrow, it will take up to a week which can be out of the expiration. Would you mind extending the expiration before I begin work on one? Thanks Tortle (talk) 04:28, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, no problem to extend. Thanks and good luck. ~Kvng (talk) 17:10, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- Offeror: --Jakob (talk)
- Date offered: 17:25, 28 October 2014 (UTC)
- Request: Create maps like this one (but if possible try to label all named tributaries; every named tributary of each of these creeks has an article) for one or more of the following creeks (I may expand the list later):
- Mahoning Creek (Susquehanna River)
- Roaring Creek (Pennsylvania)
- Catawissa Creek
- Tomhicken Creek
- Little Fishing Creek
- Green Creek (Pennsylvania)
- Kitchen Creek (Pennsylvania)
- Coles Creek (Pennsylvania)
- East Branch Fishing Creek
- West Branch Fishing Creek
- Briar Creek (Susquehanna River)
- Big Wapwallopen Creek
- Shickshinny Creek
- Harveys Creek
- Solomon Creek
- Toby Creek
- Reward: One graphic designer's barnstar per map. Leave a note on my talkpage to claim the award.
- Expires: October 28, 2015
Stub expanson (2nd revision)
- Offeror: Armbrust The Homunculus
- Date offered: Armbrust The Homunculus 16:53, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
- Request: Expand one of the following stub articles to a Start-class or C-class article.
- Limit on rewards: Maximum of two Barnstars per article. If you want to collect your prize immediately, then notify me on my talk page.
- Listing expires: 14 February 2016
- Offeror: Rcsprinter123 (talk)
- Date offered: 09:27, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
- Request: Any one (or more) of the articles Hayfield, Buxton, or Glossop raised to GA status, with a GA review passed by an independent reviewer.
- Reward: £10 GBP per article
- Limit on rewards: Maximum of £25 per person on offer. Contact me to claim.
- Expires: 9 July 2016
Years in lit. Lead Section Revamp
- Date offered: 04:14, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- Request: I am in the process of replacing the random lead sections of all the Years in Literature pages to make them all alike. So replace the whole existing lead section of words (ex. not templates just sentences) with this template-
- This article presents a list of the historical events and publications of literature during '''YEAR'''.
- Heres an example.
- So change the lead section on any 10 non-random consecutive (ex. NOT like 1903-1912 but like 1900-1909) pages from the list of the years in literature pages in order to receive a barnstar. To see which pages are available, come to the bottom of my userpage and look at the sets of years under the heading "Checklist." Any set of 10 years without a ○ or a Username next to it is available. So after completing a set of 10 pages, write your username next to the corresponding set under the "Checklist" header at the bottom of my user page. If you need more clarification, please come to my talk page. This is an easy task for an easy award so please help the cause.
- Reward: The Working Wikipedians Barnstar.
- Limit on rewards: One barnstar per set up to 10 sets.
Once all sets are complete.28 August 2016 (UTC)