Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/April 27
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 629 – Shahrbaraz usurped the throne of the Sasanian Empire from Ardashir III, but was himself deposed only forty days later.
- 1522 – Italian War of 1521–26: The combined forces of Spain and the Papal States defeated a French and Venetian army at the Battle of Bicocca.
- 1810 – Ludwig van Beethoven composed his Bagatelle No. 25 in A minor, better known as "Für Elise" (audio featured), one of his most popular compositions.
- 1865 – An explosion destroyed the steamboat Sultana on the Mississippi River, killing an estimated 1,700 of the 2,400 passengers.
- 1949 – In response to the treatment of Lorenzo Gamboa under the White Australia policy, the Philippine House of Representatives passed a bill banning Australians from the country.
- 2012 – Unknown perpetrators committed a series of four bombings in Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine.