Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/June 10
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1190 – Third Crusade: Frederick Barbarossa drowned in the Saleph River in Anatolia.
- 1786 – Ten days after it was created during an earthquake, a landslide dam on the Dadu River in China was destroyed by an aftershock, causing a flood that killed an estimated 100,000 people.
- 1886 – Mount Tarawera, a volcano in New Zealand's North Island, erupted (depicted), killing around 120 people and creating the Waimangu Volcanic Rift Valley.
- 1925 – The United Church of Canada, the country's largest Protestant church, held its inaugural service in Toronto's Mutual Street Arena.
- 1991 – Eleven-year-old Jaycee Lee Dugard was kidnapped in South Lake Tahoe, California; she remained a captive until 2009.