Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/June 10
This is a list of selected June 10 anniversaries that appears on the "On this day" section of the Main Page. To suggest a new item, in most cases you can be bold and edit this page. Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before making your edit. However, if your addition might be controversial, or on a day that is or soon will be on the Main Page, please post your suggestion on the talk page instead.
Please note that the events listed on the Main Page are chosen based more on relative article quality and to maintain a mix of topics, not based solely on how important or significant their subjects are. Only 5–6 events are posted at a time and thus not everything that is "most important and significant" can be listed. In addition, an event is not generally posted this year if it is also the subject of the scheduled June 10, 2018 featured article or the June 10, 2018 featured picture.
To report an error when this appears on the Main Page, see Main Page errors. Please remember that this list defers to the supporting articles, so it is best to achieve consensus and make any necessary changes there first.
- 1329 – Byzantine–Ottoman wars: A heavily armed imperial force was defeated in the Battle of Pelekanon.
- 1838 – Up to 30 Indigenous Australians were massacred near Inverell, New South Wales.
- 1935 – American physician Bob Smith had his last alcoholic drink, marking the traditional founding date of Alcoholics Anonymous.
- 1957 – Led by John Diefenbaker (pictured), the Progressive Conservative Party won a plurality of the seats in the Canadian House of Commons in the federal election, bringing an end to 22 years of Liberal Party rule.
- 2008 – War in Afghanistan: An airstrike by the United States resulted in the deaths of eleven paramilitary troops of the Pakistan Army Frontier Corps and eight Taliban fighters in Pakistan's tribal areas.