Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/March 30
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1842 – American physician Crawford Long became the first person to use diethyl ether as an anesthetic in a surgical procedure.
- 1861 – British chemist William Crookes announced his discovery of thallium, which he had done using flame spectroscopy.
- 1918 – Fighting began during the March Days revolt in Baku, Azerbaijan, resulting in about 12,000 deaths.
- 1964 – Jeopardy! (current host Alex Trebek pictured), the popular American game show created by Merv Griffin, made its debut on the NBC television network.
- 2009 – Twelve gunmen attacked the Manawan Police Academy in Lahore, Pakistan, and held it for several hours before security forces could retake it.