Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/March 4
This is an old revision of this page, as edited by PFHLai at 05:05, 28 February 2006 (Saint Casimir's Day in Lithuania <!--and Poland--> (unable to confirm for Poland, but Lithuania is fine)). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the .
- 1461 - Wars of the Roses in England: Lancastrian King Henry VI was deposed by his Yorkist cousin, who then became King Edward IV.
- 1681 - King Charles II of England granted William Penn a charter for the Pennsylvania Colony.
- 1825 - Despite having lost in both the electoral and popular votes in the 1824 presidential election, John Quincy Adams was inaugurated as the sixth President of the United States.
- 1877 - Emile Berliner invented the microphone.
- 1980 - Robert Mugabe (pictured) of the Zimbabwe African National Union was elected to head the first government in Zimbabwe.