Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/November 13
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1002 – King Æthelred II (depiction shown) ordered the massacre of all Danes in England.
- 1841 – Scottish surgeon James Braid observed a demonstration of animal magnetism, which inspired him to study the subject he eventually called hypnotism.
- 1914 – Zaian War: Zaian Berber tribesmen routed French forces in Morocco at the Battle of El Herri.
- 1974 – In Amityville, New York, Ronald DeFeo Jr. killed the other six members of his family, later inspiring the book The Amityville Horror and the subsequent media franchise.
- 1982 – South Korean boxer Kim Duk-koo suffered fatal brain injuries during a match with American Ray Mancini in Las Vegas, leading to significant rule changes in the sport.