Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/November 23
< Wikipedia:Selected anniversariesJump to navigation Jump to search
|This is an old revision of this page, as edited by PFHLai at 17:55, 23 November 2005 (+ '''Labour Thanksgiving Day''' in Japan.). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the .|
- 1644 - John Milton published Areopagitica, arguing for the right to free speech and against publication censorship during the English Civil War.
- 1869 - The clipper Cutty Sark was launched at Dumbarton in Scotland.
- 1971 - The People's Republic of China was given China's permanent seat on the United Nations Security Council.
- 1985 - Omar Rezaq and two others from the Abu Nidal terrorist group hijacked EgyptAir Flight 648 over the Mediterranean Sea.
- 2003 - Rose Revolution: Eduard Shevardnadze (pictured) resigned as President of Georgia following weeks of mass protests over disputed election results.