Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/September 30
This is a list of selected September 30 anniversaries that appears on the "On this day" section of the Main Page. To suggest a new item, in most cases you can be bold and edit this page. Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before making your edit. However, if your addition might be controversial, or on a day that is or soon will be on the Main Page, please post your suggestion on the talk page instead.
Please note that the events listed on the Main Page are chosen based more on relative article quality and to maintain a mix of topics, not based solely on how important or significant their subjects are. Only 5–6 events are posted at a time and thus not everything that is "most important and significant" can be listed. In addition, an event is not generally posted this year if it is also the subject of the scheduled September 30, 2018 featured article or the September 30, 2018 featured picture.
To report an error when this appears on the Main Page, see Main Page errors. Please remember that this list defers to the supporting articles, so it is best to achieve consensus and make any necessary changes there first.
- 737 – Muslim conquest of Transoxiana: Turgesh tribes attacked the exposed Umayyad baggage train, which had been sent ahead of the main force, and captured it.
- 1551 – Sue Takafusa, a military leader for the Ōuchi clan in western Japan, led a coup against daimyo Ōuchi Yoshitaka, leading to the latter's forced suicide.
- 1939 – World War II: General Władysław Sikorski (pictured) became Prime Minister of the Polish government-in-exile.
- 1975 – The AH-64 Apache, the primary attack helicopter for a number of countries, made its first flight.
- 2005 – The Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten published controversial editorial cartoons depicting Muhammad, sparking protests across the Muslim world by many who viewed them as Islamophobic and blasphemous.