Wikipedia:Tip of the day/March 26
Let SuggestBot point the way. SuggestBot is a program that attempts to help Wikipedia users find pages to edit. It matches people with pages they might like to contribute to based on their past contributions. It uses a variety of algorithms, including standard information retrieval and collaborative filtering techniques, to make suggestions. It also sometimes points people to the Community Portal, or their past edits, as a source of inspiration.
If you are looking for SuggestBot recommendations, you have these options.
- To get a single set of suggestions:
- …based on articles you've edited, please follow the instructions at User:SuggestBot/Requests.
- …using WikiProjects you are interested in, go to the Teahouse's SuggestBot page, click on Get suggestions, and follow the instructions.
- …based on a specific set of articles or categories of articles, see our SuggestBot instructions for that.
- You can also get suggestions posted periodically to your talk page (or another page of your choosing). How to do that is described here.