Wikipedia:Tip of the day/September 2
Here are some spelling checkers to assist you in your Wikipedia editing. Please spell check before you save an article. (Also nice for spot checking articles).
- Mozilla Firefox add-on for U.S English, also British, Canadian, Australian and South African.
- Google Toolbar offers spell checking in various languages for Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
- A well-designed spell checker for Internet Explorer is ieSpell.
- For Mozilla Firefox textboxes, there's SpellBound.
- Post 7.5 versions of Opera: GNU Aspell can be used as spellchecker by Opera (textboxes only.)
- Konqueror uses Aspell if it's installed and set up in your KDE Control Center.
- A good stand-alone spell checker for English Wikipedia pages is Inspyder InSite. (The free version is good enough for fixing Wikipedia articles.)
- The Mac OS X's universal spell checker is available in Wikipedia's "edit this page" mode while using Safari and in theory any other Cocoa-based browser.