From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||Working with Wiki Education Foundation? You should go through the New Instructor Orientation on wikiedu.org instead of this training.
This orientation for educators using Wikipedia editing as a class assignment consists of a short introduction and four main modules:
- Welcome, a short introduction;
- The Core, an overview of Wikipedia's core principles;
- Editing, a tutorial on the basic mechanics of editing pages and communicating with others; and
- Classroom, a walkthrough of best practices and examples for using Wikipedia assignments in the classroom. In total, the four modules should take about one to one-and-a-half hours to complete.
- Course pages, instructions for requesting user rights, setting up course pages, and using them.
General topic advice