Wikipedia:Using AWB with 2FA
|This page in a nutshell: Use a bot password to log into tools like Huggle or AWB|
Introducing: Bot Passwords
Bot passwords allow access to a user account via the API without using the account's main login credentials. The user rights available when logged in with a bot password may be restricted.
Sounds a bit scary right? It's not, so lets get you set up:
1. Log on with the account you want to set this up for and head to Special:BotPasswords
2. Create a new "Bot" (bear with me here) called "AWB"
- Bot name: AWB
- Click `Create`
3. Make a note of the `Username` - for example
4. Tick the first four check boxes under `Granted` - you can select more here but most editors don't need to (you can change these whenever you need to without changing the bot password)
5. Click `Create`
6. Take note of the password - for example you'll see
The new password to log in with Samtar@AWB is [password was here]. Please record this for future reference.
- Keep this password secret as it can make changes as you, but can not be used at the website logon page
You will now be able to log into AWB with the username and password supplied
Resetting my AWB/Bot password
1. Head to Special:BotPasswords
2. Select `AWB` under `Existing bot passwords`
3. Tick `Reset the password`
4. Click `Update`
5. Take note of the new bot password