Wikipedia:Village pump (miscellaneous)
|policy, technical, or proposals pages, or – for assistance – at the help desk, rather than here, if at all appropriate. For general knowledge questions, please use the reference desk.The miscellaneous section of the village pump is used to post messages that do not fit into any other category. Please post on the|
|« Older discussions, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50|
Note: inactive discussions, closed or not, should be archived.
- 1 Regulation Committee and alternatives to consensus
- 2 New articles on narrow gauge railways
- 3 RfC: Should the heavy metal music article include a paragraph on the gender, race and sexual orientation of heavy metal musicians?
- 4 Strategy for reading department
- 5 RFC: Materials from 'Chicago Monitor' can be used?
- 6 m:Requests for comment/Global ban for Tobias Conradi
Regulation Committee and alternatives to consensus
Members of the community are invited to give their thoughts at a request for comment to discuss Wikipedians' alternatives to consensus, and the formation of a proposed Regulation Committee. Thank you, --ceradon (talk • edits) 04:20, 2 August 2015 (UTC)
New articles on narrow gauge railways
I am looking for new Wikipedia articles on railways or in particular on narrow gauge railways. Are there any search engines, which can filter those that are let's say less than a month old? --NearEMPTiness (talk) 18:40, 20 August 2015 (UTC)
- Not exactly, but something like User:AlexNewArtBot/MedicineSearchResult (created by a bot) might work for you in the future. WhatamIdoing (talk) 17:15, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
RfC: Should the heavy metal music article include a paragraph on the gender, race and sexual orientation of heavy metal musicians?
There is a new RfC asking if the heavy metal music article should include a paragraph on the gender, race and sexual orientation of heavy metal musicians. To view and/or participate, follow the link here.OnBeyondZebrax • TALK 17:12, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
Strategy for reading department
Happy weekend everyone, just headsup that the reading team is currently soliciting community input for the upcoming strategy of the reading department. Feel free to take a look and participate :)--Melamrawy (WMF) (talk) 20:20, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
RFC: Materials from 'Chicago Monitor' can be used?
Per m:Global bans, I am notifying the project of this proposal. Everyone is welcome to go and voice their opinion of the proposal and about the user in general.--GZWDer (talk) 09:39, 28 August 2015 (UTC)