|This help and feedback page is an initiative of the WikiProject Schools. Note: All the blue words are links to more information.|
Wait! Please read the school article guidelines before posting. Elementary/primary schools and middle schools must clearly show why they are important, and must satisfy the criteria for organisations. The usual answer here is that you need more reliable sources to demonstrate the school is notable and to support the claims made in the article.
- Check these other help pages before posting here: Your first article and So you made a user subpage draft
- People helping you here are volunteers like you, so please read the other help pages first before posting here.
- Five simple steps to ask for feedback or help on a school article:
- Type the name of the article between the square brackets in the box below, like this: [[article name]]
- Press the big button and start writing your question when the editing page opens.
- Sign your message with four tildes: ~~~~ or press the signature button in the edit window tool bar.
- Press the Save page button. Done! You have successfully posted your message.
- Check back here regularly for responses to your request. and you may like to consider adding this page to your watchlist.
- 1 User:Danjel/Rose Bay Secondary College
- 2 Al-Helal Islami Academy School
- 3 Sapahar Govt. Degree College
- 4 Mount Tabor High School
- 5 Mwadinomho combined school uupdated
- 6 Temasek Secondary School & Listing of all achievements, etc.
- 7 Sydney Girls High School
- 8 Johnston High School
- 9 Woodleigh School, North Yorkshire
- 10 Fryerns Comprehensive School
- 11 The Ensworth School
- 12 George Washington High School (Philadelphia)
- 13 Hilton College
- 14 Central Elementary School (Albemarle, North Carolina)
- 15 Jack and Jill School
- 16 St.John Universal School
- 17 History
- 18 Curriculum
- 19 Extracurricular activities
- 20 References
- 21 External links
- 22 Corona del Mar High School
- 23 ISE International School
- 24 Morgan City High School
- 25 Beth Yeshurun Day School (Houston, Texas)
I worked closely with RBSC for quite a few years until earlier this year, so I want to be careful that I haven't tripped over any WP:COI issues. I'm also trying not to include any information that will require references that I simply don't have.
- Looking into it. --Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 09:47, 26 May 2011 (UTC)
- Done See: User talk:Danjel/Rose Bay Secondary College. --Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 10:17, 26 May 2011 (UTC)
- it is a school of sapahar,naogaon,Bangladesh
- IT IS NUMBER OWN SCHOOL IN SAPAHAR TOWN
- Hi. I'm not quite sure what your question is or what help you would like. The article is extremely short, and provides no useful information even about the school or what kind of school it is. Please read again the maintenance tags on the article, and see WP:WPSCH/AG. To get more ideas for improving the article, consider looking at other articles about schools. --Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 04:22, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
- Sapahar Govt. Degree College
- Established: 1972
- Location: Ukilpara, Sapahar, Naogaon.
- Hi. I'm not quite sure what your question is or what help you would like. The article is extremely short, and provides no useful information even about the school or what kind of school it is. Please read again the maintenance tags on the article, and see WP:WPSCH/AG. To get more ideas for improving the article, consider looking at other articles about schools. --Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 07:16, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
I don't know if this is the right section, and it's a small issue. But this page is no longer a stub but is categorized as such on the talkpage. Since I'm not in this project I didn't want to mess with it.
- Reassessed to Start. It's looking good... But it needs reliable sources. -danjel (talk to me) 14:55, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
The School in NAmibia
Temasek Secondary School & Listing of all achievements, etc.
Is there a general consensus about whether we should go about listing out every single achievement and award won by the school? This has been a problem among quite a few Singapore schools, where opinions differ (quite greatly I might add) about whether those things should be included wholly or simply summarised (perhaps highlighting some notable achievements or the like). An example would right now be Temasek Secondary School, where a discussion is currently going on.
Also, I think Temasek Secondary School is no longer a Stub and should be reclassified into Start/something higher. Would someone kindly take a look at it and provide comments as well? Thanks. AngelSL (talk) 09:13, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
Hey I've posted a revised version of the Johnston High School article in the discussion section on the page, but it appears to receive little activity. I'm looking for someone to review my proposed changes. Can anyone here help?--Namk48 (talk) 16:33, 31 October 2011 (UTC)
- Article is currently at AfD; all I can suggest is to keep working on it and to demonstrate as clearly as possible that it meets WP:N, so a consensus can be formed. I have taken the liberty of fixing a few issues. CT Cooper · talk 20:18, 24 April 2012 (UTC)
Hello. I have created a page for a school that closed in 1999. Does this still mean that it can use the same info box as extant schools?
The Ensworth School
Would someone please take a look at the edit history of The Ensworth School? There seems to be an edit war between ObeseCows and E1958. I am not very familiar with Wikipedia standards regarding schools, but something just doesn't look right about this, so I'd like to defer to editors more experienced in these matters. Thanks! (I'm no IP, talk to me!) 21:47, 23 January 2013 (UTC)
Doing... That's a very problematic page. I've undone User_talk:ObeseCows and User_talk:Hermahgerd's edits, because they were non-neutral and quite trivial, and posted to both users' talkpages. ˜danjel [ talk | contribs ] 22:43, 23 January 2013 (UTC)
- Fixed - by editing the Schools project template. Also removed a stray US flag. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 23:57, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
I have recently been revamping the Hilton College page and I would just like some advice where to proceed from here. If anybody is willing to read over it and comment on what I must do, that would be great. Regards Mattpbarry (talk) 21:57, 23 May 2013 (UTC)
- Without checking on the contribs of individual users, the article is neutral and well referenced, even if in places it goes a bit OTT on detail. There may be a possible question of copyright on the inclusion of the full text of the school songs, and there may be a question of the list of names per WP:LISTPEOPLE of headmasters who may not be notable in their own right. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 04:55, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
The problem is that a historic school has changed names. It is of course Wikipedia policy (or at least a guideline) that we use the current building name, in this case Central Elementary School. I have used names for buildings in articles I have written only to have the articles moved. So I knew the current name for this building was the best.
The problem is that the elementary school currently occupying the building was in another location for 82 years. Longer if you go by what the school was called for 25 to 50 years before that (I'm having trouble pinning down accurate sources for the construction date). The other location has been vacant for seven years.
A Wikipedia article on this school would surely mention the history of the "school" during those 82 years and of course the 25-50 years the school existed before that. But the building the school now occupies is what makes it notable. An elementary school is not notable enough for Wikipedia. A historic elementary school is, though it is the building that is historic. The elementary school's previous building might be, but I thought it was just too far gone to save, unlike the historic building where the school is now.
I tried explaining this to another editor who wanted to help me with the article, but this editor is so confused he/she can't make productive contributions. I end up having to revert most of them. The last time, I got no repsonse from this person, and so far he/she hasn't said anything. But the last edit summary had incorrect information in it, and it is clear from that and the editor's talk page comment (not the article talk page) that he/she just doesn't understand. While it is all clear to me, I do have the knowledge of what is going on with these buildings. The article is inadequate if it doesn't explain the situation to this person's satisfaction.— Vchimpanzee · talk · contributions · 20:22, 2 June 2014 (UTC)
This is an elementary school. I don't think they're notable, but I'd like some additional opinions. There's a lot of sources, but they don't seem like significant coverage to me because they seem to be mainly lists of kids winning awards and that doesn't seem to set them apart from most elementary schools. Thanks. Mdtemp (talk) 19:21, 4 September 2014 (UTC)
St. John’s Universal School (SJUS), Goregaon, Mumbai is a co-educational day school established in 1969. Affiliated with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations(ICSE). SJUS is promoted by the Universal Education (UE), which runs several schools, colleges and professional education institutions in Mumbai.
SJUS is affiliated with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination. The school focuses on delivering a developmentally appropriate curriculum, culminating in the class X ICSE exam. Teaching methods focus on developing knowledge through hands-on learning, encouraging the spirit of inquiry and assimilation of information. SJUS offers pre-primary to class X education.
It include music, dance, art, clubs for writing, flower arrangement, cookery, nature and photography, arts, music, drama and sports. Students also publish a newsletter ‘Expressions’ and a year book. SJUS also offers the BRIDGE – Building Responsible Individuals Dedicated to Growth and Development - programme which is managed by a fulltime psychologist and counselor. This programme students study tips, learning with disabilities, leadership training and career guidance.
- Interested editors should be aware of Wikipedia:Administrators'_noticeboard/IncidentArchive858#22.214.171.124_appears_to_be_making_legal_threats --NeilN talk to me 21:08, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
I am a high school computer teacher at an international school in Thailand. I would like to have one of my classes work on contributing information to a school wikipedia page.
Is there a link to a template I could use to start adding information to a school wikipedia article?
- Hi JphalsI live in Thailand and I spent several years here as a school administrator. I'm also a coordinator of the Wikipedia Schools Project. There is no template, but for an idea of what a good article looks like about a typical independent school, check out Malvern College. Please ask me on my talk page anything you would like to know. --Kudpungkกุดผึ้ง (talk) 00:18, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
I think a well-intentioned, fairly new editor may be heading for conflict which might be avoided with a little judicious advice. I ran across some colloquy between the new editor, who is the recent major contributor to the article and a couple of other editors whom I know to be patient, fair, decent and diligent regarding the effort to improve the encyclopedia. I wonder if an early intervention from here might keep things from escalating. See  and this section. It's the school article guidelines that the editor doesn't seem to grasp. The editor didn't take the advice of the good doctor, but they might hear it from this project, since a misunderstanding of the project guidelines are the fundamental issue. If I were to step in, however, I believe I would be perceived as yet another "WikiNazi" piling on, as I am not involved in the project. May wiser heads prevail. Geoff Who, me? 21:23, 17 July 2015 (UTC)
Beth Yeshurun Day School (Houston, Texas)
Hi there. I'm new here. I tried to make a page for a school two years ago and gave up when it was marked not sufficiently important and not sufficiently cited. I just redid it with more references and more relevance. Can someone please check it over for me so I can improve it if need be? Thank you.