Wikipedia:WikiProject Entertainment Technology
|This WikiProject is believed to be inactive. If you are not currently a member of the project, please consider joining it or its parent project WikiProject Technology to help. This tag may be removed if activity resumes, or if this tag has been placed in error.
NOTE: this project is currently under construction. You can help to build this project by signing the participants page.
WikiProject: Entertainment Technology aims at compiling information pertaining to the technology of the entertainment business
- 1 Title
- 2 Scope
- 3 Parentage
- 4 Descendant WikiProjects
- 5 Related Wikiportals
- 6 Related Collaborations
- 7 Related Regional notice boards
- 8 Related groups of Wikipedians
- 9 Related pages in Sister projects
- 10 Participants
- 11 Structure
- 12 Hierarchy definition
- 13 Goals
- 14 Projects
- 15 Tasks
- 16 Adopt an article
- 17 General strategy and discussion forums
- 18 Other subpages
- 19 Templates
- 20 Categories
- 21 Lists
- 22 Articles
- 22.1 Wikipedia articles on Entertainment Technology
- 22.2 Wikipedia namespace and Meta-Wiki articles on Entertainment Technology
- 22.3 New Wikipedia articles related to Entertainment Technology
- 22.4 Did you know?
- 22.5 Article improvement drive
- 22.6 Collaboration of the week
- 22.7 Peer review
- 22.8 Featured articles
- 22.9 Featured pictures
- 22.10 Featured lists
- 23 Wikipedia surveys
- 24 Requests
- 25 Resources
- 26 Entertainment Technology Meetups
- 27 Archives
- 28 See also
- 29 Sister Project links
- 30 External watchlist
WikiProject on Entertainment Technology
The scope of this project includes live concerts (of all types), theatre, theme park events, museum productions, corporate theatre, trade shows, installations incorporating technology of the like, filmmaking, videotography, film scoring, post production, studio production, home theatre, media formats, interactive video (video games), DJ/VJ, television broadcast, radio broadcast, satellite linkage, fibre optics, internet broadcast, etc.
Thomas Alva Edison- Not really, but...
See Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Directory/Culture#Entertainment Technology for an up-to-date list. Proposed descendants include:
- WikiProject Live Audio
- WikiProject Stage Lighting
- WikiProject Special Effects
- WikiProject Live Video
Currently being proposed- Please leave your comment
- What's being proposed? Please be more specific.
No related Collaborations have been named at this time.
Related Regional notice boards
No related Regional notice boards have been named.
Related groups of Wikipedians
No related Wikipedians have been named.
Related pages in Sister projects
- Commons:Entertainment Technology
- Wikibooks:Entertainment Technology
- Wikinews:Entertainment Technology
- Wikiquote:Entertainment Technology
- Wikisource:Entertainment Technology
- Wikispecies:Entertainment Technology
- Wiktionary:Entertainment Technology
- meta:Entertainment Technology
Sister Project Searches
- Technologyia&go=Go WikiBooks search
- Technology&go=Go WikiQuote search
- Technology&go=Go WikiSource search
Please place your user name (Dash and four tildes: --~~~~ Also place a brief description of what you plan to bring to the project. Please see the User Guidelines before signing on.
e.g. johndoeuser0247 -I'm the technical director for the Palace Theatre, Johnson City, GA., USA
--Wforlines 04:10, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
Wikiproject: Entertainment Technology is the parent to many other projects. This project will essentially be a hub to the descendants.
No classification of this project has been defined.
- Compile a list of all existing articles within Wikipedia relating to Entertainment Technology
- Compile a list of articles that do not yet exist but are recommended for the project
- Compile a list of Stubs and other articles existing but that need to be expanded.
- Outreach the project in other Wikimedia projects.
- Create a photograph album of pictures related to "Entertainment Technology" (through the Wikimedia Commons)
- Publish a directory of Wikipedia articles and other Wikimedia medias.
Please add your name (using two dashes and four tildes)to the list to join with the project and work on it. ONLY add your name to projects in which you will participate in. To remove yourself from a project, please do not delete it, but place it in the dicard category below.
1. Project Exist Compile- Compile all existing articles WITHIN Wikipedia about entertainment technology to be placed in the "Adopt an Article" section. After compiling, decide whether it should stay in this project, or be classified under a descendant (Such as Stage Lighting, Live Audio, etc.). Please then add it to the appropriate project, but leave it on the list.
- -- Wforlines 00:48, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
2. Project Write List: Compile a list of needed articles (articles that have not been written, but are wanted)
- -- Wforlines 00:48, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
3. Project Outreach: Establish a discussion on how to extend this project into other Wikimedia outlets.
-- Wforlines 00:48, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
4. Project Structure: Build a general structure or platform on which WikiProject: Entertainment Technology
-- Wforlines 00:48, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
Once tasks have been completed, place them in the "Completed Tasks" section.
- Create template to place on articles encircled in the project.
- Create advertising template to be placed on the talk page of existing articles.
- Expand and restructure Mixing console
- Expand Lighting control console
- Clear up Intelligent lighitng and Moving light. Include more than moving heads in "Intelligent lighting"
Expand Stubs for
- Eastern Acoustic Works (EAW)
- Earthworks (Company)
- Røde Microphones
- Multicore cable -add lighting/power multi-core cable and more digital snakes
- Sampson -Establish pages that are no-existent and expand stubs
- Behringer -Help to erase the neutrality tag
- Sennheiser -Help to erase nentrality tag
- DJ mixer
- Electronic Theatre Controls
Clean Up Neutrality
Adopt an article
Similar to the Collaboration of the week, but on a smaller scale, you might want to "adopt" an article. This would involve doing the research, writing, and picture-taking (if possible) for either a non-existent article or a stub. Of course, everyone else can still edit an adopted article, and you can work on other things too, but the idea is to find a focus for a while, to try and build up the number of quality articles the Project has produced.
If name is blue, please erase it from this list and add it to the "Existing Articles Section"
- Example article: User:Example
- Altman Lighting (Stage Lighting) (Film Lighting)
- High End Systems (Stage Lighting)
- Flying Pig Systems (Stage Lighting)
- Coemar (Stage Lighting)
- Lighting & Electronics (Stage Lighting)
- Electronics Diversified (Stage Lighting)
- SGM (Company) (Stage Lighting)
- Le Maitre (Special Effects)
- James Thomas Engineering (Rigging) (Stage Lighting)
- Production Intercom (PI) (Stage Management)
- Rosco Labratories (Stage Lighting) (Film Lighting) (Set/Scenery) -Disambigulation needed
- Apollo Design Technologies (Stage Lighting) (Film Lighting)-Disambigulation needed
- Great American Market (GAM) (Stage Lighting) (Film Lighting)
- HME (Company) (Stage Management)
- Clear Com (Stage Management)
- Telex Communication (Stage Management) (Live Sound Reinforcement)
- Genlyte (Stage Lighting)
- Texas Scenic (Stage Lighting) (Scenery) (Rigging)
- JR Clancy (Rigging)
- Hoffend (Rigging)
- Source Four (Stage Lighting)
- Soundcraft Vi6 (Live Sound Reinforcement)
- MA Lighting (Stage Lighting) (Live Video)
- Grand MA (Stage Lighting) (Live Video)
- Digital Projection (Company) (Live Video)
- Exspression Lighting Consoles (Stage Lighting)
General strategy and discussion forums
NOTE: Stubs are managed by the Stub-sorting WikiProject. Before creating a new stub, you should propose it at Wikipedia:WikiProject Stub sorting/Proposals. See Wikipedia:Stub for general guidelines on proposing stub templates and categories. DO NOT simply create new stub templates, as these will be deleted.
Wikipedia articles on Entertainment Technology
Wikipedia namespace and Meta-Wiki articles on Entertainment Technology
Please feel free to list your new Entertainment Technology-related articles here (newer articles at the top, please). Any new articles that have an interesting or unusual fact in them should be suggested for the Did you know? box on the Main Wikipedia page. DYN has a 72 hr. time limit from the creation of the article.
Ad hoc surveys
Ongoing Wikipedia surveys
- Articles for deletion (Article deletion):
- Deletion review (Article undeletion}:
- Templates for deletion:
- Categories for deletion:
- Images for deletion:
- Redirects for deletion:
WikiProject Deletion sorting
Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting is a new effort that attempts to classify various articles nominated for votes for deletion by major categories. The Entertainment Technology-related articles at VFD are listed at Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Entertainment Technology.
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Definitions from Wiktionary|
|Media from Commons|
|News stories from Wikinews|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Source texts from Wikisource|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|