Welcome to WikiProject Alternative Views! This project aims to improve Wikipedia's coverage of significant "alternative views"—those theories, hypotheses, conjectures, and speculations which, though notable, lack widespread acceptance, and which may challenge a "dominant view" which does have such acceptance. The project encompasses alternative views in every field, from the sciences to the humanities.
The project's goal of improving Wikipedia's coverage of significant alternative views breaks down as follows.
- create articles about notable alternative views
- work to make existing articles about alternative views factual and neutral
- prevent articles about notable alternative views from being deleted
- ensure that significant alternative views which are notable in the context of other articles receive adequate, factual, neutral representation in those articles
- assist in the formulation and clarification of policies, guidelines, and other project-space infrastructure relating to alternative views
- provide a support group and help forum for editors who are interested in improving Wikipedia's coverage of alternative views, but who may be unfamiliar with Wikipedia's rules and conventions