WikiProject Ancient Egypt: Religion work group
Some Wikipedians have formed a project to better organize information in articles related to Ancient Egyptian religion. This page and its subpages contain their suggestions. It is hoped that this project will help to focus the efforts of other Wikipedians. This project is dedicated to the creation and expansion of articles concerning Egyptian religions including but not limited to: the traditional religion, as well as Atenism. It also strives to remove ethnocentric POVs from these articles that have conclusive statements of trivialization of these beliefs. At the same time, it is conscious not to promote the views as better than others. Ultimately, it strives to provide a Neutral Point of View on the matter. This project is not for articles about Egyptian secular life, such as history, lifestyles, or political systems. It is also not for articles on modern Egyptian religions nor general mythology or occult studies.
The type of articles that it works on include:
- Main articles on Egyptian religion and each of those religions
- Egyptian religious concepts
- Egyptian gods and goddesses
- Major figures in Egyptian religious movements, or which began as an Egyptian religious movement
- Egyptian religious monuments and buildings
- Egyptian religious rituals
- Articles on topics which have Egyptian religious influence and could benefit from mention of the Egyptian religious influence.
- Improve or create articles on major subtopics of ancient Egyptian religion: maat, Egyptian mythology, ancient Egyptian conception of the soul, ancient Egyptian afterlife beliefs, pharaoh, priests in ancient Egypt, ritual in ancient Egypt, offerings in ancient Egypt, ancient Egyptian festivals, popular religion in ancient Egypt, animal cults in ancient Egypt, oracles in ancient Egypt, ancient Egyptian burial customs, hymns in ancient Egypt, ancient Egyptian funerary texts, and Atenism
- Improve articles on major deities, most importantly Amun, Ra, Ptah, Hathor, Osiris, Isis, Horus, and Set (mythology)
Did You Know (DYK)s
The following templates can be used on pages in Wikipedia to associate them with the Ancient Egypt WikiProject. Click on a template's title to see a sample of what it produces when included on a page. For a full list of Ancient Egypt templates see the main template page.